I am changing RIGHT NOW!!!!! - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 12-02-2009, 12:07 AM
Veggie Regular

I am SICK of not taking care of myself!!! It is over - I deserve to be happy, beautiful, healthy, strong, secure, independent, and confident. Food cannot cure loneliness. Nothing tastes as good as being healthy feels. I want to tell you all this because I would like someone rooting for me. And that's ok - I don't HAVE to do this alone. Who needs to wait for New Year's Day to make resolutions??? I am so sick of letting the past ruin the present and hurt the future. Bad things happened to me, but I don't have to wear the evidence on my hips. I don't have to protect myself by making myself feel ugly. I don't wanna hide from the world anymore. I am done with being a victim and I am shouting it to the world!!! There are bad people out there and I am done with telling myself I am one of them!!!!!!! Thank you for listening.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-02-2009, 02:26 PM
Veggie Regular

I think making a resolution is something that shouldn't be just a New Year's thing. Based on your recent posts it sounds like you are ready to make some changes. I say, good for you! If you are ready and eager to love yourself, we are all here to support you.
#3 Old 12-02-2009, 02:29 PM

that was great to read.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 12-02-2009, 02:33 PM
Veggie Regular

Good for you! I can relate to that post a lot.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#5 Old 12-02-2009, 02:34 PM
Veggie Regular

Good for you! My birthday was last month and I figured that was MY new year, so my resolutions started then. That gave me a month-and-a-half jump on everyone else! Start right now, take it seriously, don't beat yourself up or give up if you slip, and keep everyone here posted as to your progress. And don't be afraid to ask for support!
#6 Old 12-02-2009, 10:00 PM

This sounds really awesome. Everything you said is right on. You (and we all do) deserve to be happy and healthy, right?

Look at it this way.. if you start now you get a head start on everyone who starts in January, right? woo hoo to that!!!!!

I'm right along with you!!!
#7 Old 12-03-2009, 06:26 PM
Beginner

Woo-hoo! I totally agree that there is nothing that feels better than being healthy.
#8 Old 12-05-2009, 01:54 AM
Veggie Regular

Thank you, guys! I'm still struggling, but I am determined to turn my life around. I was so happy when I stepped on the scale this morning - 2 pounds gone!!! That is A-ok by me. And I am working on relationships that need a little TLC...mainly taking a deep breath and going to let my church family and my blood family back into my life/heart. Thank you for the support, you really have no idea how much it means to me. 2010 seems like such an opportunity for fresh starts and second chances
#9 Old 12-06-2009, 09:54 AM
Veggie Regular

We'll be praying for you.

--
The Twilight Is My Robe
#10 Old 12-10-2009, 10:04 PM

anicepieceofash: big huge congrats on your -2 pounds. That's great news :-)
#11 Old 12-23-2009, 08:08 PM
Veggie Regular

That's really great, good for you!!

I can relate to a lot of the stuff you said. Sometimes I can be an emotional eater and I dwell on the past too much.

It's pretty frusterating, but I just have to get back on the wagon and makes some changes too.

Congrats on losing two pounds!
#12 Old 12-23-2009, 11:40 PM
Herbivorous Urchin

*hugs* you're going to do AWESOME!

Quote:
"You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit.”
Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray
#13 Old 12-24-2009, 06:52 AM
Veggie Regular

I really relate to this Ash, and I'm at the same point in my life right now. We can do this!!! And I'm so glad you said "Nothing tastes as good as being healthy feels"...**** thin, just do you!

Er...after the holidays. Heh. I will totally be on board after the holidays...

Congratulations on your two pound loss!
#14 Old 12-24-2009, 07:04 AM
Banned

Congratulations on your loss and good luck for future weeks!
#15 Old 12-24-2009, 12:19 PM

Good move. Don't let that feeling go away. Even if you fall once or twice, don't be discouraged - loosing a battle or two does not mean loosing a war. I found it helpfull sometimes to gaze at (decent) pictures of women practicing yoga/meditating on the beach at sunset/sunrise. (Not sexy pictures of women posing for the camera.) Be patient, it takes time. Stay focused.
#16 Old 01-01-2010, 06:21 PM
Veggie Regular

Thank you all, happy new year!!!!!! 2010 is going to be amazing
#17 Old 01-01-2010, 06:28 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by anicepieceofash View Post

Thank you all, happy new year!!!!!! 2010 is going to be amazing

I second that! I need to get a lot healthier than I am now. I can, I should, I will!

Hope things are still going well for you.
#18 Old 01-01-2010, 06:30 PM
Veggie Regular

Good luck, I wish I had your motivation.
#19 Old 01-04-2010, 05:48 PM
Veggie Regular

You go! Enjoyed reading your post.

New Years Day I was walking into work and thinking, "this time next year I could weigh so much less if I'd just start now"

So I'm starting to work on it.

Good luck to both of us.
#20 Old 01-06-2010, 11:29 AM
Veggie Regular

woo hoo!!!!

You would think it would be easy to be good to ourselves!

Kudos!
#21 Old 01-11-2010, 07:23 PM
Veggie Regular

Good luck to all of us!!!! Today is day one of 350 days of actively committing to changing my life. I waited till after I got off the cruise (yesterday) hehe. I'm so excited!!!

For 350 days:

-I will not consume meat, dairy, eggs, fast food, carbonated drinks or chips. Animal products, easy. Chips - Sad face. Tex mex is my life so I guess I'll be putting my salsa and guac only on tortillas now. I want to challenge myself and I can pack hundreds of calories in the 20 minutes before my food comes at my fav texican joints. So bye, bye my lovely crispy chips.

-I am going to do my Wii Fit/Wii Fit Plus everyday, and strive to do things like swim, ride my bike, walk, etc almost every day.

-I am going to get a job and this time make sure it does not come before school. I will pay off my credit cards and regain my financial peace of mind.

-I am going to do the things that scare me, some incredibly silly. These include dying my hair, donating blood, getting my ears pierced, sucking helium, getting my wisdom teeth pulled, going skydiving etc.

-I am going to go back to my church and give it another chance.

-I will actively be working to overcome my social retardation and anxieties.

-I will learn to be girly. Learn how to do my nails, my hair, my makeup, my outfits.

-I will continue moving forward and away from the bad things in the past. I do not wish to mention them now or ever again.

-I haven't jogged a mile in my entire life. I will get there in this period, and hopefully more.

-I will work on my upper body strength. I want to be able to confidently do the rock climbing wall dangit!! lol

-I will learn to play poker, scrabble, and chess. I will also memorize the dances to Thriller, Vogue, The Time Warp, and Single Ladies. Because I think I should know these things and I want to.

-Once I have gotten to my happy weight, I will treat my girlfriends to a celebration weekend in a posh hotel and my favorite spa. In return, they have to go shopping with me, and help me find clothes that are actually cute. 4 different people have confessed wanting to sign me up for What Not to Wear, so you might get a picture of how clueless I am.

-I will try to get more involved at school. I am in college after all...

-I, Ashley Johnson, will learn to change a flat tire.

And so on. 350 days to become stronger, healthier, more confident, more independent, and more beautiful inside and out.
#22 Old 01-13-2010, 06:53 PM
Veggie Regular

Good luck! If you're interested, here are some mantras I'm using in my similar journey:

"I believe in treating animals with compassion. I am an animal, and so must treat myself with the same compassion I show all animals."

"I may be hungry now, but I'm going to eat soon. I can wait (10 minutes, 30 minutes, 1 hour)." More than an hour and I'll have a snack. I got this one from Self magazine.

"I'm going to make the choice a healthy person would make, because that's who I am now."
#23 Old 01-13-2010, 07:02 PM
Veggie Regular

excellent...good luck to you all.
#24 Old 01-15-2010, 04:55 AM
Veggie Regular

Thats awesome. I wish you the best of luck, and I agree with every thing in your post, the same for myself.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page