height gain exercises - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 02-14-2009, 01:32 AM
Veggie Regular

hey guys.

wonderful news so far.

I posted earlier asking if it was possible to gain height after you've reached your adult age.

You can't 'grow' as in, Human Growth hormone will not at all vertically increase you after your growth plates are ossified. However you can still 'gain'.

The 'height gain after adult age' exercises i've been doing have been showing results. Although not much, i still feel every millimeter counts.

over 6 weeks ago, i started at 173.6 cm. Now i stand at exactly 175 cm (5'9) flat. In both instances, i was measured at afternoon time.

The exercises routines focus on taxing your upper body through flexing the spine and stretching the spine as well as working the supporting muscles. As theory goes, if you do more of this, the epiphyseal plates (spinal plates) can increase in thickness as well as more liquid being held within the plates.

So basically

1. Posture is improved to be as vertical as possible

2. plates hold more liquid with the more exercise you do.

And that's how height is gained.

none the less, i'm astonished. I'd wish i could make it to 6 ft but obviously that's not possible but apparently adults have gained 2 inches.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-15-2009, 04:52 AM
Veggie Regular

lol ok, i take it no one else has height issues ?
#3 Old 02-15-2009, 05:03 AM
Ex-*****

Well, I thought this was interesting to read, in any case.

I no longer post here after VB was sold in 2012. (See my profile page for details.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 02-15-2009, 10:45 AM

*raises hand* I have serious height issues. I'm only 5ft 3ins (female btw) and I absolutely HATE it. I would give anything to be taller...I dream of being 5ft 8ins *sigh* I would be very interested in knowing exactly what these exercises are!
#5 Old 02-15-2009, 01:35 PM
Veggie Regular

When I was doind yoga 5 times a week, or interspersing it with pilates I felt that I was taller. I knew I was walking correctly, as opposed to with a hunch. As a hairdresser, I make a conscious effort to push my shoulders back as I work otherwise I'll be hunched over in a few years.
#6 Old 02-17-2009, 02:05 AM
Veggie Regular

Your height can vary throughout the day?!

And I'd love to be taller. I'm only 156cm. But I have a good friend who's 175cm and prefers my height so grass is greener or something.
#7 Old 02-17-2009, 02:10 AM

i have height issues as well. im 4'10" and 16. and im pretty sure im not gonna grow anymore, seeing as how i havent grown an inch in 3 years. man what id give to be a little bit taller...
#8 Old 02-17-2009, 04:53 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jAded View Post

Your height can vary throughout the day?!

And I'd love to be taller. I'm only 156cm. But I have a good friend who's 175cm and prefers my height so grass is greener or something.

Absolutely does..

if you wana experiment, measure ur height at night.

And then measure ur height the next morning immediately upon waking up.

you'll probably be 9 - 25 mm taller in the morning.

this is because when you sleep, you're laying down flat and there's much less vertical force affecting the plates. So your plates de-compress.
#9 Old 02-17-2009, 05:11 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmiana View Post

*raises hand* I have serious height issues. I'm only 5ft 3ins (female btw) and I absolutely HATE it. I would give anything to be taller...I dream of being 5ft 8ins *sigh* I would be very interested in knowing exactly what these exercises are!

It's basically a series of stretches similar to yoga, but it's more kinetic.

i've currently been doing it twice a day. In the morning and in the evening.

In the morning

Cobra 10 x 20 seconds

Super Cobra 10 x 20 seconds

Bridge 10 x 20 seconds

Bow Down 10 x 5 seconds

Touch toes 10 x 10 seconds

those are the basic ones. I do mix the exercises around sometimes by adding other stretching exercises such as the Twist etc. except those are the basic five which hit all parts of the back.

In the evening, I usually reduce the volume (so i do 10 seconds of each rep rather than 20) followed by hanging off a chin up bar. i also do leg stretches. Leg stretches wont contribute to height gain but i do them since i workout before.

In the evening, after the stretches .. I usually hang from the chin bar for 6 mins but my arms are able to support that length of time. A good idea would be to start hanging for 10 seconds and then incrementally increase the time.

The other thing to know is that the height is obviously gained in the spine. Not the legs or the neck.
#10 Old 02-17-2009, 07:26 AM
Ankle Biter

I would like my legs to get longer, not my back.

It is our choices that show what we truly are far more than our abilities. ~A. Dumbledore
#11 Old 02-17-2009, 02:13 PM

I'll take any height gain I can get, spine or otherwise!

Thanks so much Aussie, I'll be sure to give those exercises a go
#12 Old 09-04-2009, 10:48 AM

Hey there, I think by plates you mean the discs. I would say get your spine and pelvis checked by a chiro because if you have any misalignments of the vertebrae of the spine/a curved spine/scoliosis/pelvic imbalance then obviously you will not be as tall as you could be.
#13 Old 11-04-2009, 08:01 PM
Banned

.., thanks for the information.. I am one of those who really desperate in gaining height.. lol

Buy HGH

Human Growth Hormone

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page