How and how often do you exercise? - Page 4 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#91 Old 11-12-2008, 03:12 PM
Veggie Regular

off comp 3 x's week weights, 3x's week cardio (6 days total per week)

on comp or cutting for shoot 2x's per day, with 3 days being weights and 2 cardio sessions each day (6 days total per week)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#92 Old 11-16-2008, 05:56 PM
Veggie Regular

I do aerobics classes about 4-6 hours a week, and weights 2-3 times a week, half an hour to one hour each time. I love my aerobics classes!

On the days I don't go to the gym, I go for about a 30 minute walk outside. I also swim in our apartment swimming pool once every week or 2.

Edit:

I forgot to add that once a week I do a yoga/tai chi/pilates "fusion" class at the gym, which helps with both strength and flexibility.
#93 Old 11-21-2008, 08:25 AM
Veggie Regular

I have started doing it everyday.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#94 Old 11-26-2008, 11:31 PM
Veggie Regular

I hit the gym 6 days a week: Monday and Wednesday I jog for 10 minutes on the eliptical (getting my running endurance back up) then hit arms, pecs and back on machines and free weights, then end in hitting the treadmill at 13% going at speed 3 for about 20 minutes, time totalling 2 hours. Then Tuesday and Thursday I hit the eliptical for 10 minutes, then onto booty, legs, and excessive abs, then end in either jump roping for 15 minutes or treadmill again. Wednesdays and Saturdays I go in and just jog.

Since Im just now getting back into the groove of working out, I am choosing a weight on each machine that only tests me a little then doing 15 reps 3 times apiece. After my muscle get prepped, Ill start with the highest weight I can lift, do one rep, then one weight lower and do as many as I can, and lower and lower on weight until its such a pathetic weight that its not worth it to try. The I gain strangth and bulk all at once! Hooray!

Des

How come I love reading other people's witty signatures, but can never seem to make an awesome one for myself?! Life is hilariously cruel.
#95 Old 11-27-2008, 03:09 AM
Veggie Regular

4-5 days a week boxing training 1-2 hours

5x running, usually with some sprints and hills (each time about 40 minutes)

1-2x weight training, heavy compound exercises

2x badminton for about an hour

1x circuit training for an hour
#96 Old 11-30-2008, 12:35 PM

I am in the gym 6 days a week. I do 3 miles on the treadmill, 20-30 minutes on a spin cycle and then work out with a personal trainer to focus on specific toning/strenthing of various muscles. He has a routine of back/shoulders one day, bi's and tri's and chest another day, legs, etc and we do various ab exercises daily. On the weekends I have been doing 7-10 miles a day on my bike and an hour brisk walk on Sundays. I can already see the difference in my strength while mountain biking. Looking foward to several races starting in January.
#97 Old 11-30-2008, 04:39 PM
Veggie Regular

I workout 5-6 days a week. 3 of them are cardio - 20 minute high intensity HIIT method. I am just wiped afterward. I do this on a treadmill, arc trainer and elliptical for variety. Usually after two of them I work my core and after the other I work on a balance board.

The other two days are weight training. One day is upper body, the other is lower and I rotate weight and reps each week. One week I do 4 sets of 12 on each body part with a lighter weight, the next week is 8-10 reps and 3 sets with a heavier weight and the next week is 4-6 reps and 2 sets with the heaviest weight I can go. Then I start back over.

I typically will do some yoga on that 6th day. I have some yoga dvds and a mat so I will workout at home on that day. Otherwise I am in a gym.
#98 Old 12-03-2008, 03:40 PM
Beginner

You guys are making me feel bad. I only exercise about three times a week at home to DVD's.I do a lot of hiking and stuff to though.
#99 Old 12-21-2008, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudygirl View Post

I got jogging twice a week and swim eveyr now and then. Plus I run up and down the stairs about a million times a day at work

i work out every day i dont work, (i go to school and work so alot of my days are 8-3 school, then 4-9 work ect.) so a couple times a week.
#100 Old 12-24-2008, 08:58 PM

I usually just do abs and cardio about every other day for about 2 hours a workout.
#101 Old 12-28-2008, 02:36 PM

I cycle to work most days. It's a 28km round trip, mostly off road. I have the occasional take it easy day, but I usually treat it as a training ride.

I go weightlifting at the gym three times a week and do a yoga class there twice a week.

I do a bit of running, skipping and indoor rowing occasionally.

I also race mountain bike marathons. My next one is 50km on 4th January.
#102 Old 12-28-2008, 07:44 PM
Veggie Regular

I train five to six days a week, alternating between triathlon training in the winter/spring and marathon training in the summer/fall. Keeps things interesting, that's for sure.
#103 Old 01-02-2009, 10:45 AM
Veggie Regular

i train 7 days a week.

3 days of high intensity cardio, 3 days of weight training, 1 day of recovery training
#104 Old 01-05-2009, 07:13 PM
Veggie Regular

I train daily:

6am: Personal training, weight lifting on MWF, and yoga/pilates on TUETHSATSUN.

3pmish: Riding horse, about 30-45min, which strengthens my core, legs, ankles, and helps with stamina.

7pmish: evening run. Usually about 1hr.
#105 Old 01-05-2009, 07:20 PM
Veggie Regular

today I did a run/walk combo for 25 minutes.

tomorrow is my rest day.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page