How and how often do you exercise? - Page 3 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#61 Old 06-13-2008, 12:01 PM

i have 30 minute personal training sessions 3 times a week, 45 minute aerobic classes (dancing, core training, whole body, etc...) 5 or 6 times a week, and i've been doing my own exercises and such at home. once school starts again, i won't go to so many classes because some of them are in the morning, but come March '09, i'll be able to go to the gym and work out 30 minutes to an hour each day. :] (stupid 14 years old rule...)

i have strong legs and a strong core, but i can hardly bench press the bar without any weights on it! trust me, my personal trainer had me do it today. lol. XD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 Old 06-14-2008, 07:37 AM
Veggie Regular

Keep working at it & you'll get there - I was improving by 5lbs/week while I was doing bench presses (don't do them right now but will be back at it in a few weeks) and got from 75 to 100 pounds pretty quickly. I'm sure you can get there as well! Dedication's the key.
#63 Old 06-18-2008, 09:37 AM
Veggie Regular

I'm a bit of a jock now. I started running just over a year ago and got decently fast pretty quickly. I have also struggled with minor injuries. When I'm in a good place, I run 40-60 km/week. I also do upper body weight training 2-3 times a week, lower body strengthening 2 times a week, and I stretch 6 times a week for half an hour. I purchased a bike over the weekend and hope to get into riding that a bit too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#64 Old 06-18-2008, 12:47 PM

i run four miles everyday!
#65 Old 07-09-2008, 06:34 PM

I swim everyday, usually an hour and a half to two hours, depends on which team I am swimming for. if Im not swimming I go for a walk.
#66 Old 07-09-2008, 07:09 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmergirl View Post

I swim everyday, usually an hour and a half to two hours, depends on which team I am swimming for. if Im not swimming I go for a walk.

Yeah, same here. When I swim on my school's team, practices are about two hours, and when I'm not swimming, I go biking, running, or walking for about an hour.
#67 Old 07-10-2008, 08:05 PM

I walk briskly everywhere I go. Seriously, I don't own a car! I don't take public transportation unless I'm going very far (say, over an hour's walk).

In addition I do about an hour of yoga a day, which I originally started for my mood and stress but continued because it's just lovely like that.

I go-go dance about once a week during the school year, for about three hours straight, at a gay bar. LOVE that trance-y workout!

In addition I do ab work/strength-building isolated work three days a week.

And a really sweaty cardio via DVD almost daily: power yoga (gosh, Bikram yoga in this climate without a/c...), dance, Bhangra, and more.

For my really fast metabolism and all-plant diet, that's a lot! I have to cut back soon because my body fat is dropping too low (huh? wha? doesn't look like it, but getting girly...problems).
#68 Old 07-11-2008, 03:26 PM
Veggie Regular

I put on some good good REGGAE (yeah!) and dance, mon!
#69 Old 07-12-2008, 03:35 PM

I'm training for a 100-mi ultramarathon so...

I run A LOT every day. I realize it's probably better to take a day off each week, don't care. Follow my quest to prove that veganism works on my blog: inserthearth.com
#70 Old 07-12-2008, 08:24 PM
Banned

I walk an hour a day four to five times a week. I usually do a long walk, about 6 to 8 miles, once a week.
#71 Old 07-14-2008, 11:23 AM
Veggie Regular

I exercise daily. I run for about an hour every morning. I run outside if anyone's interested. I've tried treadmills but they just don't work for me...

I do yoga about three times a week as well, for fun.
#72 Old 07-16-2008, 06:55 PM

I run 4 miles in the morning with my dog and another 6miles at night time after work everyday. I play pick up basketball games whenever i see anyone playing at the school by my house as much as possible, but its usually deserted in the summer.

I just started hiking this year and I think its a blast! I go once a week on my days off now and try to hit up a different mountain each time. I live in southern Maine so there is a ton of mountains close by. I only live about an hour and a half drive away from the white mountains in New hampshire as well. Im going to hike Mt. Washington tomorrow, i cant wait!
#73 Old 07-21-2008, 12:05 PM

I bike on a stationary bike 20 minutes right before breakfast, and then again later in the day for 1-2 hours. On days where I do a workout video, I only do one additional hour on the bike.

I'm a teenager but I'm trying to get fit .
#74 Old 07-21-2008, 12:15 PM
Veggie Regular

I've always been in the lazy computer geek category, so daily exercise is still new to me. I'm just over a month into my new routine. I do a pilates tape every morning. A couple times a week I'll hit the little gym in my apartment building for the elliptical, and use the weights sometimes.

Lynn

https://www.facebook.com/vigilant20

https://www.facebook.com/FrugalVegetarianRecipes

#75 Old 07-21-2008, 01:58 PM

I run 4 miles about 3 times a week. I lift weights about 4 times a week for alittle over an hour. Plus, I walk the days about a mile everyday.

I do what I can.

I use to swim all the time.

However, when I moved the gym was so far away I just began working out outside.

:]

gotta keep our hearts healthy.
#76 Old 07-23-2008, 09:32 PM

I'm a pretty active girl. Since it's summer and I don't have to go to school I have been taking advantage of my free time and working out 6 times a week.

I wear a heart rate monitor and each workout burns more than 500 calories. I do spin classes, elliptical intervals, stationary bike, and walking (I don't wear my HRM for that).

When schools starts I will work out on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday and then try to fit in one day during the week. I love working out and how good it makes me feel!
#77 Old 07-30-2008, 03:44 AM
Beginner

I try to do 50 press ups everyday although sometimes that unsuccessful. I generally don't do much exercise but I go for the occassional run and sometimes go with my mum when she takes our dog for a walk. I can't walk him by myself because he is too big and if he goes to take off I can't hold him back.

Sometimes I jog on the spot for 10-15 minutes, although i'm not sure how effective that is.
#78 Old 08-04-2008, 06:13 AM
Beginner

I try to do 30 minutes of Pilates every morning. I also add 50 crunches just for some extra ab work. And since I don't drive, I walk pretty much everywhere I go.
#79 Old 08-04-2008, 01:37 PM

I run on the tread mill for 10 minutes

then do 10 minutes of 5 lbs weight on my arms and legs

50 sit ups

50 squats

50 push ups

20 minutes of yoga

i do this routine almost everyday
#80 Old 08-06-2008, 06:41 PM

I weight train monday through friday and do some form of cardiovascular exercise 5-6 days a week for an hour or two. Usually for cardio I do something combat related, like a kick boxing practice, or hitting the heavy bag.

I used to do a lot more practices, but I injured my knee and have been only able to do boxing and such :-(
#81 Old 08-08-2008, 06:35 PM
Veggie Regular

I do a full body workout on tuesdays and thursdays, and bike to school everyday.
#82 Old 08-24-2008, 07:47 AM
Beginner

I walk my dog twice daily, about 3 miles in all.

I run for 40 minutes outside 3 times a week.

I do about 20-30 minutes of free weights 2-3 times a week.

Starting in September, I'll be living 2 miles from work, so I'll be cycling to and from work every day until the winter sets in.

And I'm really fidgety, so I sit and bounce on an exercise ball instead of sitting on a chair when I'm working on the computer.

I'd love to take a class 2 or 3 weeks - either a dance class, a yoga class or aikido - but I don't feel right leaving my dog alone in the evening when I've been away all day.
#83 Old 09-02-2008, 03:50 AM
Beginner

I take my dogs for a walk every morning and evening through the woods down to the pond where they like to go swimming. Then I walk the trail to the elementary school, and then down to the middle school baseball field which is several miles long. All the neighbor dogs along the way come with me so I end up with about ten of them running along side of me. All the dogs love it, and it is great exercise for me. Sometimes my mom and Nancy who is my aunt come with me also. My mom and I have lost 20-30 pounds each. I am now down to my ideal weight which is nice.
#84 Old 09-07-2008, 01:28 AM

I run 6 miles in about 45 minutes a few times a week on the treadmill. I aim for 5 times a week, but I'm usually too busy or too lazy to meet that goal. I also used to do a few amazing yoga and exercise ball workouts, but the DVD player on my computer broke, and there's no way I'm going to play them in the DVD player in the living room (no privacy!)

oh, and I lift weights occassionally too, just to keep my arms toned.
#85 Old 09-07-2008, 09:39 AM
Beginner

I love to go jogging and try to aim for at least 3-4 times a week around our neighborhood which is 1 1/2 miles total. I do yoga every night. I've been sick for about two weeks so I haven't jogged but twice and I've just started yoga-ing again two nights ago. It's weird when I don't do it I feel really tired but when I do actually get it in I feel energetic throughout the day.
#86 Old 09-08-2008, 09:00 AM
Veggie Regular

I run. I aim to do it 3-4 times a week. Sometimes, I'll add in cross training on the other days, or do some sit-ups and pushups.

I'm lucky enough to have a gym in our apartment building, so during the week, I usually run on the treadmill there to save time. I do like to do my runs outside on the weekends when I can.
#87 Old 09-12-2008, 10:24 PM
Veggie Regular

i'm so proud of myself- finally dragging my butt to the gym. i had always pictured a gym to be some crowded sweaty place with buff people around the corners to remind you of how not-buff you are.. but that's totally not what goes down at my gym! [everyone's chill, just minding their own business] and now i can't get enough of it!! i'm even working out at home now! WOO!! look at me go!

i envy you runners; i used to be a cyclist before i moved and i had AWESOME legs ;]
#88 Old 11-03-2008, 03:53 PM
Veggie Regular

I workout everyday now and simply love it. I always do 1 hour of cardio followed by split training of weight bearing exercises.

I also do belly dancing on the weekends for about thirty minutes.

How can you eat anything with eyes? ~ Will Kellogg
#89 Old 11-12-2008, 10:09 AM

I run a 30 min "Boot camp" (from Crunch gym) circuit 5 days a week. Lol I felt like floppin' over dead at first but now I can't wait to get going again ^_^
#90 Old 11-12-2008, 11:32 AM

In an average week: about 2 hours of korfball, 3 hours of badminton, 1 hour of tennis, 2 hours of cycling, 2 hours of weights, 1 hour of wall-climbing and half an hour in the jacuzzi or steam room. People say I've got a good body for a vegetarian, which is slightly ignorant, but there you go.

I tried aerobics too but it was horrible, I think I'll start yoga instead. I hear there's some yoga you can do in a warm room which is very good for flexibility?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page