Any bodybuilders, or physique competitors? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 10-30-2007, 11:16 AM

I was asking at a bodybuilding forum if there were any vegetarians/vegans, so I decided to come here and ask the vice-versa. Is anyone here either into body building or do anything such as being a physique/figure competitor?

I was a vegetarian for years and then a vegan for a few after that, but then just stopped. Recently I've wanted to be a vegetarian again, but it seems that most percentages I read (food ratios) tend to not be calculated for someone who works out a lot or is into things like bodybuilding. I'm currently starting on my quest to be a physique competitor, though it's a long way off. But I really need to know more of how much I should be eating (especially in amounts of protein) if I'm typically training 6 days a week.

If anyone sees this who can help, I'll provide basic stats:

21.2% BF

age 21

Female (the username gives that away haha)

132 lbs.

I work out 6 days per week. Generally alternating between different muscle groups all week with weight training and then doing cardio for about 30m three times per week.

Thanks so much if anyone can help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 10-30-2007, 11:38 AM
Veggie Regular

nice to meet your muscle, www.veganfitness.net, do you know that ? best place !!

yes, me a fitness/or rather a muscle guru.. of a modest kind if you like but nontheless yes aspects of body building, but neither professional nor amateur, as I don't need a label for it, UNLESS incumbent for me to have one which is not all that likely I will require aquiring any label.

Don't know about stats. spose I don't mind paying just a little attention if justified to stats and measurements, but I don't generally mither myself with that stuff.

The bodybuilding forums as you probs know have a bodyspace area for all your stat needs if you are really intent on taking all that aspect to heart
#3 Old 10-30-2007, 11:45 AM
Veggie Regular

-OL

did you miss the first letter "L" ?

LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 10-30-2007, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goth~UK View Post

nice to meet your muscle, www.veganfitness.net, do you know that ? best place !!

yes, me a fitness/or rather a muscle guru.. of a modest kind if you like but nontheless yes aspects of body building, but neither professional nor amateur, as I don't need a label for it, UNLESS incumbent for me to have one which is not all that likely I will require aquiring any label.

Don't know about stats. spose I don't mind paying just a little attention if justified to stats and measurements, but I don't generally mither myself with that stuff.

The bodybuilding forums as you probs know have a bodyspace area for all your stat needs if you are really intent on taking all that aspect to heart

I do indeed know about bodyspace. I hope to use it more in the future, but for now I don't feel the need to take measurements. I'm just on the start of my journey (have been working out hard since June of this year, but slipped a bit around September when I got married). I'm keeping up with BF% and diet, but other than that the rest isn't a big deal to me until I start getting to the point I want to be getting to if that makes sense. Thanks immensely for the link, I'll check it out

Quote:

-OL

did you miss the first letter "L" ?

LOL

Ha, actually that's exactly what I did. But I changed it to something completely different now. The mangled "LOL" I put there as a placeholder until I could figure out something else
#5 Old 10-30-2007, 12:02 PM
Veggie Regular

you are definately slipping up if you are not losing body fat after getting married (*cough*)

SeaSiren is VB's main BBer female. Check her out in the Member List, not seen her on VB in a while. but she's nice to know. even if she didn't reply me about when I sent her that giantess pic that I thought was rather a nice image with a dimunative lighthouse in the background, lol.

you will find her on all the vegan sites.

www.veganbodybuilding.com

www.veganbodybuilding.org etc.

This is vb SeaSiren =AKA= www.denisenicole.com

www.veganbodybuilding.com/?page=bio_denise
#6 Old 10-30-2007, 12:08 PM
Veggie Regular

you are definately slipping up if you are not losing body fat after getting married (*cough*)

SeaSiren is VB's main BBer female. Check her out in the Member List, not seen her on VB in a while. but she's nice to know. even if she didn't reply me about when I sent her that giantess pic that I thought was rather a nice image with a dimunative lighthouse in the background, lol.

you will find her on all the vegan sites.

www.veganbodybuilding.com

oooh, v-b-dot.com (Robert Cheeke owned) has been given a new look I see... (me not been to check it since a bit)... nice !!

www.veganbodybuilding.org etc.

#7 Old 10-30-2007, 12:16 PM
Veggie Regular

#8 Old 10-30-2007, 12:19 PM

Thanks goth~UK! Lots of great links from you . I can't check them all out right now but the ones I can't get to I'm saving to my bookmarks.
#9 Old 11-05-2007, 05:42 AM

Quote:

Didn't realise SeaSiren was Denise Nicole!

I really recommend Robert Cheeke's forum, some really clued up people there who will no doubt be able to answer all your questions about diet.
#10 Old 11-05-2007, 07:33 AM
Veggie Regular

Gym.Femme, beware of people telling you that you need 1g of protein per pound of bodyweight, or things in a ratio like that. Look at the source of that information. Pick up any muscle mag (even the yoga soccer mom styled Oxygen magazines) and you'll see what I mean. Whey and Soy protein supplement salesmen fund research that shows you need whey and soy protein supplements. Make educated decisions and you'll do great!
#11 Old 01-24-2008, 08:30 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GothUK View Post

I do not recall this pic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page