Fruitarian/Raw Vegan Fitness - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 10-24-2006, 02:21 PM

While I'm here I thought I'd post here...

I've been doing this Fruitarian thing for 12 years now and there's really nothing like it.....

Here's where I'm at now:

UPDATE:

One Leg Squat Vids

Well part of my 90 day Challenge goals are to teach myself one leg squats so here's a couple of vids showing where I'm at...

I wasn't going for numbers just proving I can do one...I've got a lot more work to do yet!

I'll probably post better ones at a later date!

http://www.clipshack.com/Clip.aspx?key=BCF12A6C845DB273

http://www.clipshack.com/Clip.aspx?key=A89ABA0ADC9BE154

Update

Ok guys just to prove I could do it and that it's all about balance when it comes to pistols Itook a video of me doing pistols with 33lbs....

http://video.yahoo.com/video/play?vi...323407.1026037

Teaching myself one arm chins

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKtrX2U9h_w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjBN5YWqzM4

Handstand practise

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/245382/practise/

Here's some vids of me messing around at the park....my daughter is on my back so that's an extra 30lbs right there...

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/252332...g_in_the_park/

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/252333..._in_the_park2/

Here's some more vids of me messing about with my ghetto gym!

http://www.clipshack.com/Clip.aspx?key=EEE88B6AF8080F37

http://www.clipshack.com/Clip.aspx?key=16F28A62E80C5C7E

These kicked my butt....

And all of this on just fruits!!!.....it can be done!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 10-26-2006, 05:47 AM

the main thing that has kept me from fruitarian is fear of withering away. I honestly am skeptical that you can have been fruitarian for 12 years. Do you take many additional supplements? and can you give an idea of your typical diet for several days, including supplements? Do you take creatine?
#3 Old 10-27-2006, 07:11 AM

I'm not gonna waste my time if your minds already set against the idea that anyone can be successful on fruits.....coz if I told you how I lived you'd be even more skeptical!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 10-27-2006, 01:50 PM
Veggie Regular

thanks for starting this thread F1

i sometimes have this inclination to prove things... to dispel misunderstandings. I Love to wake minds up (souls too).. including my own

So i'm considering a mission to really test fruitarian, and make it as provable as possible, regular photos are a great way and there are ways to prove the dates (include a mainstream newspaper in the photo, etc).

lol .. to prove the dates but i understand the value of making things as solid as possible. I like to see solid info when i'm looking.. it just helps to 'know' parts for sure.. and then you can focus on investigating the main issue.

Proving what I actually eat is different, but since I have nothing to sell and make no income in any way from what i post, I'd think many people would have a slight bias to generally trust what i'm stating. A rigid mind won't believe anything that contradicts it's beliefs anyway, so no point to focus much on those places.

I'm not interested in going to the extreme of attaching a cam to myself to record 24/7 and upload the files to a site (but it is an interesting idea to prove what i'm eating or not lol)
#5 Old 10-27-2006, 03:34 PM
Veggie Regular

i thought i'd post this here too...

anyone curious of the *trend of what science is discovering for health... I made a brief thread here

https://www.veggieboards.com/boards/s...84#post1399984

to show just some of the scientific research and findings on Caloric Restriction

..university research published in Journal of the American College of Cardiology ... National Institutes of Health ... USDA ... Health and Human Services ...

read and be enlightened
#6 Old 10-27-2006, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacific_wind View Post

the main thing that has kept me from fruitarian is fear of withering away. I honestly am skeptical that you can have been fruitarian for 12 years. Do you take many additional supplements? and can you give an idea of your typical diet for several days, including supplements? Do you take creatine?

Umm..WHY would you need to be 'skeptical'?

this is why I rarely post anymore....some people just have this NEED to be negative. Debate is great, but the poor guy didn't start a debate. He was simply saying 'Hi' and stating what kind of lifestlyle he leads to promote this great lifestyle.

remember me fruiarian? You had similiar un in another forum.

How are you doing?

Oh...great answer by the way. Pacific_wind already KNOWS the answers, so why even try to acknowledge with what MAY BE the truth How dare you be honest and up front about you and your lifestly
#7 Old 10-27-2006, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrylove View Post

Umm..WHY would you need to be 'skeptical'?

this is why I rarely post anymore....some people just have this NEED to be negative. Debate is great, but the poor guy didn't start a debate. He was simply saying 'Hi' and stating what kind of lifestlyle he leads to promote this great lifestyle.

remember me fruiarian? You had similiar un in another forum.

How are you doing?

Oh...great answer by the way. Pacific_wind already KNOWS the answers, so why even try to acknowledge with what MAY BE the truth How dare you be honest and up front about you and your lifestly

I gave my honest feeling about an issue i am interested in. why do you (two)respond by flinging a booger at me? Do you not understand why i would look at a very muscular person and wonder how he could have been fruitarian for 12 years? If you had an honest answer, i think you would have given it.

On another thread jonjon takes whatever is put in front of him, and tries to answer it honestly, i generally believe.

Does your (alleged) fruitarian belief system tell you "avoid doubters"? "do not associate with people who were raised with a conflicting worldview"? or is it that you need everyone around you to believe what you believe, and hide any honest doubts?

I would go much, much farther, but i dont want to get kicked off this board until it is for a far more worthy target. i mean...
#8 Old 10-27-2006, 05:47 PM

Quote:

I gave my honest feeling about an issue i am interested in. why do you (two)respond by flinging a booger at me? Do you not understand why i would look at a very muscular person and wonder how he could have been fruitarian for 12 years? If you had an honest answer, i think you would have given it.

On another thread jonjon takes whatever is put in front of him, and tries to answer it honestly, i generally believe.

Does your (alleged) fruitarian belief system tell you "avoid doubters"? "do not associate with people who were raised with a conflicting worldview"? or is it that you need everyone around you to believe what you believe, and hide any honest doubts?

I would go much, much farther, but i dont want to get kicked off this board until it is for a far more worthy target. i mean...

Let's see which sounds better:

1) Wow fruitarian! You look great for just eating fruit. I wish I could give it a try, but am afraid to wither away. Can you give me some tips on how what you do? I am really interested but would like some input from someone who obviously looks and lives the part and is very successful.

or

2) I honestly am skeptical that you can have been fruitarian for 12 years.

It's all in how you say it.....

This guy is a very honest, down to earth person and I am VERY positive that he will help you in anyway he could. In fact I know he would.

Good Luck
#9 Old 10-27-2006, 07:36 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

This guy is a very honest, down to earth person and I am VERY positive that he will help you in anyway he could. In fact I know he would.

I have been following his progress for some time now on the Bodybuilding and Raw Boards. I agree with Barry, he will help you anyway he can.
#10 Old 10-27-2006, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaSiren View Post

I have been following his progress for some time now on the Bodybuilding and Raw Boards. I agree with Barry, he will help you anyway he can.

Hey Denise ....how are you?
#11 Old 10-28-2006, 04:01 AM
Veggie Regular

nice, more community

hi barrylove, and hi again SeaSiren

Now, Please allow me to share my feelings....

to all the people just starting to hear about fruitarian, C.R., or raw...

Yes, these ideas seem Totally unbalanced caompared to what we've been told by the USDA, schools, doctors, hospitals, health magazines, movies, tv, and everyone around us. There's no doubt about that.

However, it seems like there are at least a few people with excellent health on these diets. Of course you can't trust everybody instantly, but notice that a lot of the people have nothing to sell. If they're not trying to trick you, then the only danger is that they are mis-informed. But if their bodies show fitness, then that speaks for itself

Just please with-hold reactions to the diet. Ask more Q's about their diet and health... not only just comparing why it should be unhealthy.

(a raw or fruitarian talking with a non'er can be similar to a vegan talking to a firm omnivore who knows nothing about veganism)

and to the rawers, fruits, and C.R.'s

let's try a hair more patience, as long as you value wanting to express any ideas. Even if it means being semi-robotic to answer painful questions (lol) and withold our genuine reactions.

pacific wind, thanks for the acknowledgment i appreciate it

I can understand how you could doubt a huge body being fueled by fruit. All I can say, is just be open and curious. no need for any judgements. But there can be that need to create some order in our minds, when we encounter 2 really different things. Best I can say, is ignore that need when it doesn't require immediate action, and focus instead of learning learning. ...find out what's really going on with things.

this is really great to see these topics opening up discussion!
#12 Old 10-28-2006, 04:03 AM
Veggie Regular

barrylove,

what's your current diet or your path? care to share?

I'm semi-fruitarian and scaling-off eating very-not-fruit things (lol). Been veg for 12 years, vegan for 10 years, and mostly organic and non-gmo for a bunch, and have been flirting with raw, grain-free, and fruitarian for hmm, a year to 6 months. i'm skinny as hell, but also healthy as hell (and planning to add some bulk)
#13 Old 10-28-2006, 04:07 AM

Quote:

Let's see which sounds better:

1) Wow fruitarian! You look great for just eating fruit. I wish I could give it a try, but am afraid to wither away. Can you give me some tips on how what you do? I am really interested but would like some input from someone who obviously looks and lives the part and is very successful.

or

2) I honestly am skeptical that you can have been fruitarian for 12 years.

It's all in how you say it.....

Good Luck

fair enough, i suppose, but... my honest sentiment really is skepticism. i certainly am able to pretend fawning respect though, if it helps.

don't you think that it would be better if we humans thoroughly tested those who make "very wonderful" claims, instead of just automatically following and believing the people who paint a pretty picture? there would be far fewer ... republicans too...

also... my interest in fruitarian is my own, and not dependant on the strengths or weaknesses of someone else who claims to be fruitarian, but there are some open-minded people who will be repelled by (...the path of...) a person of any path who avoids skeptics...

good luck to you two too
#14 Old 10-28-2006, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonjan View Post

barrylove,

what's your current diet or your path? care to share?

I'm semi-fruitarian and scaling-off eating very-not-fruit things (lol). Been veg for 12 years, vegan for 10 years, and mostly organic and non-gmo for a bunch, and have been flirting with raw, grain-free, and fruitarian for hmm, a year to 6 months. i'm skinny as hell, but also healthy as hell (and planning to add some bulk)

Hey jonjan..

thanks for the interest..

I am a strict vegan.

An example of my daily intake will consist of whole oats, live grain breads (ezekiel), almond millk, rice milk, pea protein, rice protein, HUGE SALADS with sprouts, spinach, broccolli etc, natural peanut butter, Amy's burgers, portabella mushrooms (large - marinate overnight in balsamic vinegrette and heat them the next day and put in an Ezekeil bun with lettuce, tomato etc), temphe ....I also love tofu pups

A dew of these items are processed foods, but my lifestyle is very busy every day. I would LOVE to go raw one day. I believe I will, bt I cannot guarantee myself that time yet.

SO to add BULK......EAT baby EAT! LOL....

Nut better sandwiches are a great way to get some good calories.
#15 Old 10-28-2006, 08:38 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

fair enough, i suppose, but... my honest sentiment really is skepticism. i certainly am able to pretend fawning respect though, if it helps.

don't you think that it would be better if we humans thoroughly tested those who make "very wonderful" claims, instead of just automatically following and believing the people who paint a pretty picture? there would be far fewer ... republicans too...

lol like it

i think the best is the best in mostly all ways... no need to fake respect,, instead just acknowledge that you don't know enough to judge.. and if there's no money or urgent action needed, there's no need for a quick judgement

i'm with you, obviously makes sense to test and experience anything we care about. but the 'spanish inquisition' doesn't feel as acceptable to those being grilled at the same time as they're judged treated as if their likely or potential liars. the new thread i started sure has a few very unwelcoming replies 'guilty of ill intent until proven innocent'

i'm just going with my own path, and just take others idea as ideas on what might be good guidance for myself. but too, if somebody has zero conflict of intere$t, then it makes sense to question if there's any reason to use the same skeptisism as i would on a salesman. but if i can't trust, then just focus on self exploring. at least that's what i do

are you exploring fruitarian or raw currently? I'd say i'm about 50%-100% fresh organic non-gmo fruits now. i'm noticing more and more the effects of cooked food on my body.. dryness, thirst, sluggishness, need to clean out again.. so fruitarian is coming along soon enough.
#16 Old 10-28-2006, 08:44 AM
Veggie Regular

hi barrylove,

it's easy to see you've got a lot of bulk going on

nut butter sandwiches for sure... when i first went vegan, peanut butter sandwiches were my savior. A ton of protein and a ton of calories (and very easy to get in the college cafeteria) ; )

keep it up
#17 Old 10-28-2006, 09:22 AM

Quote:

hi barrylove,

it's easy to see you've got a lot of bulk going on

nut butter sandwiches for sure... when i first went vegan, peanut butter sandwiches were my savior. A ton of protein and a ton of calories (and very easy to get in the college cafeteria) ; )

keep it up

Thanks jonjan.

FYI - The pea protein is a bit expensive, but you get 25 grams of protein in one scoop.

let me kow if you need anymore info
#18 Old 10-28-2006, 01:40 PM

Quote:

lol like it

i think the best is the best in mostly all ways... no need to fake respect,, instead just acknowledge that you don't know enough to judge.. and if there's no money or urgent action needed, there's no need for a quick judgement

i'm with you, obviously makes sense to test and experience anything we care about. but the 'spanish inquisition' doesn't feel as acceptable to those being grilled at the same time as they're judged treated as if their likely or potential liars. the new thread i started sure has a few very unwelcoming replies 'guilty of ill intent until proven innocent'

i'm just going with my own path, and just take others idea as ideas on what might be good guidance for myself. but too, if somebody has zero conflict of intere$t, then it makes sense to question if there's any reason to use the same skeptisism as i would on a salesman. but if i can't trust, then just focus on self exploring. at least that's what i do

are you exploring fruitarian or raw currently? I'd say i'm about 50%-100% fresh organic non-gmo fruits now. i'm noticing more and more the effects of cooked food on my body.. dryness, thirst, sluggishness, need to clean out again.. so fruitarian is coming along soon enough.

you say

"just acknowledge that you don't know enough to judge.."

okay, but that is implied in my asking for more information, isn't it?

Don't you think skepticism is prudent and natural toward a person who makes claims that conflict with my experience?

Your comment elsewhere about new paradigms was neither lost nor new, and I am constantly and sincerely interested in challenging any paradigm that cannot support everything that it should. For example... if a person can demonstrably maintain health in a way that conflicts with the current popular scientific thinking, then ... their truth trumps other people's theory.

On the other hand... i've been around a bit and i know that one of the surest signs of a conman is that he distracts attention from the relevent issues when challenged, instead of facing every challenge directly.

there are so many people on an apparently attractive path, but with no solid ground under them. when challenged, they say " can't we all just love each other" or "why are you being negative"?

your comment about "the spanish inquisition" is a little unsettling. i understand that you think that people should share your beliefs. do you want people to just say... "yeah, he's right because..." what would the "because" be? ..."because you are smart"? ... "because you are spiritual"?... "because you like animals, too"?... your apparent motives, and your paper (ie., college, mensa,etc), and your efforts all carry some weight, but leaders and teachers are a dime a dozen.

you've also made several comments referencing people's financial motives. for example something along the lines of... you 'dont have a financial interest in this issue'...as if that purifies your motives...

for someone of your intelligence, this appears to be a manipulative comment (though i don't question the truth of it). we all have motives, whether financial or whatever. your comments on moral development (or whatever) seemed to show an academic knowledge of this (which is great), but your comments about financial motivations are out of place. (if you want to say that you were just anticipating someones comment, i'll say fine)

of course you know that many, many people deceive others for personal reasons that have absolutely nothing to do with money.

further... you know as well, that we often deceive ourselves more than we deceive others.

as far as diet, your comments about sluggishness and so on are certainly true for me. but i have never gone fruitarian for a long period of time (maybe days, not weeks...). i am not rigorously bound to popular nutritional thinking, but... common sense forces me to walk slowly and carefully (regarding nutrition) where most people do not live (ie. with a diet that would seem to harm or kill most people).
#19 Old 10-30-2006, 12:15 AM
Veggie Regular

deleted, to help keep the thread on topic
#20 Old 10-30-2006, 01:14 PM

Messing around in my back yard....I ended up doing exercises I couldn't do before....Yes!!!!

Pull ups clap/switching grips...

Switching Grips

http://www.clipshack.com/Clip.aspx?key=6E37DFC5FB82E324

Claps

http://www.clipshack.com/Clip.aspx?key=7F54E5E3D78069A4
#21 Old 10-30-2006, 01:33 PM

Quote:

also... my interest in fruitarian is my own, and not dependant on the strengths or weaknesses of someone else who claims to be fruitarian, but there are some open-minded people who will be repelled by (...the path of...) a person of any path who avoids skeptics...

good luck to you two too

Yes..... I avoid Skeptics and negative people at all costs.....keeping positive and happy are very important to me.....life brings too much stress to purposely put yourself amongst people that that will drain you dry with their negativity...

You can interpret that which ever way you want...I really don't care!!!...all I know is that I'm gonna have a blast doing what i do....and if you wanna be a skeptic that's your deal.....I've got nothing to prove to anyone...because I'm living it for myself!!!...there's no better proof than that.....you wanna waste your time being a doubting thomas that's cool...I'm gonna be spending mine having fun being active and happy!

Jon-Jan....as far as I'm concerned you sound like a talker....I'm not a talker buddy.....actions speak louder than words and I'm not out to convert anyone or prove that raw is best and I don't have time to stay on forums going around in crcles trying to convince people that don't wanna be convined....I'm all about being the best person I can be and living my life to the full.....that's why I post my exploites.....you can have your debates or deal with people anyway you want that's cool....I came here to give you some encouragement and go about my biznezz because I don't have the time for debate and argument.....theirs more to life than talking about food!

Hey Barry....long time no see man...how goes it?????

Seasiren...how you doing????
#22 Old 10-30-2006, 07:24 PM
Veggie Regular

OLD POST DELETED... NEW POST..

I'm coming back to say, I believe I was misunderstanding here. My emotions were blinding my perception a bit. It happens.. I just try to always take the time to re-correct them whenever I notice

A talker.. no doubt. Yes, convincing people who are already 'sure' is definitely not a good use of time or energy.

I have an interest to dig for the deeper reasoning with things, and talking is a good way to learn new ideas and test out mine. But yep, it's definitely different that just doing the exercising. I'm still on the raw fruit and exercising path... but spend some of my time to talk also

i'm working on learning how to clean myself out first now.

thanks for the posts, and thanks for your site. Eveneutally i'll have some progress to share

Jon
#23 Old 10-30-2006, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitarianone View Post

Yes..... I avoid Skeptics and negative people at all costs.....keeping positive and happy are very important to me.....life brings too much stress to purposely put yourself amongst people that that will drain you dry with their negativity...

You can interpret that which ever way you want...I really don't care!!!...all I know is that I'm gonna have a blast doing what i do....and if you wanna be a skeptic that's your deal.....I've got nothing to prove to anyone...because I'm living it for myself!!!...there's no better proof than that.....you wanna waste your time being a doubting thomas that's cool...I'm gonna be spending mine having fun being active and happy!

Jon-Jan....as far as I'm concerned you sound like a talker....I'm not a talker buddy.....actions speak louder than words and I'm not out to convert anyone or prove that raw is best and I don't have time to stay on forums going around in crcles trying to convince people that don't wanna be convined....I'm all about being the best person I can be and living my life to the full.....that's why I post my exploites.....you can have your debates or deal with people anyway you want that's cool....I came here to give you some encouragement and go about my biznezz because I don't have the time for debate and argument.....theirs more to life than talking about food!

Hey Barry....long time no see man...how goes it?????

Seasiren...how you doing????

I am good buddy..some things just don't change do they? LOL

I can answer for Seasiren..she is doing 'HOT'! LOL

Be happy and keep livin your life
#24 Old 10-30-2006, 07:39 PM

barry, are you using Pure Advantage Pea Protein?
#25 Old 10-30-2006, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrpelle View Post

barry, are you using Pure Advantage Pea Protein?

Yes...I love it!

Currently I make with Almond milk, 1 1/2 scoops of the protein, banana, 1 tablespoon of chocolate rice protein and sometimes Iwill throw in chocolate soy yogurt...

Sound Good? IT IS!

Speaking of Pure Advantage....my agent ask me for a list of foods that I eat. He wants to make a portfolio and send it to the companies to see if they would like to use me to help promote their merchandise. Worth a try

Is this what you use?
#26 Old 10-30-2006, 08:11 PM

i did, but it seemed to cause a lot of tummy issues. I like the raw hemp protein better- have you tried it?
#27 Old 10-30-2006, 08:14 PM

Quote:

i did, but it seemed to cause a lot of tummy issues. I like the raw hemp protein better- have you tried it?

Not yet, but I have thought about it.

Is there a particular brand you use?
#28 Old 10-30-2006, 08:15 PM

Quote:

oh..andhow many scoops were you using?
#29 Old 10-30-2006, 08:17 PM

I'm using Nutiva.

Pure Advantage is an Isolate, and i have been looking at some convincing evidence that isolates are not effective as a protein supplement- just seeing what your thoughts on that are.
#30 Old 10-30-2006, 08:20 PM

Quote:

I'm using Nutiva.

Pure Advantage is an Isolate, and i have been looking at some convincing evidence that isolates are not effective as a protein supplement- just seeing what your thoughts on that are.

I agree...Isolates are nto the best, adn I think about this always.

I am actually looking at the Nutiva right now. It looks pretty good.

I also want to ask you how much soy you consume and if so which type.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page