Morning Routine - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 03-07-2006, 07:44 PM
Beginner

Hello, I have a question about my newfound morning routine. Now, I used to have a routine for at night but that slipped away about two years ago and I find myself gaining wait and losing energy, as well as feeling more and more down. A coworker reminded me that when she was working out and exercising the day always went so much better and she always had energy and I thought I should get a routine back in place. Anyway I was wondering what you thought of this:

8:00 am - Get up and make toast with peanut butter (and jam or cinnamon or whatever). Have a glass of milk (I still eat/drink dairy - for now).

8:30 am - Change into workout clothes, put on some good music. Do crunches, sit ups and dance. Oh, and drink a lot of water.

9:00 am - Have a shower, get dressed for the day, do make-up, etc.

10:00 am - Eat an apple or some sort of fruit as a snack, relax. or go to work, or whatever LOL.

Now obviously I could use some improvement, and some details have been left out, etc. I work part-time so the times would change but the same two hour routine should still work. What do you think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-09-2006, 02:30 PM

i think its great that you are setting up a routine. for me, my problem is sticking to the schedules. i totally need to start running again, but as far as exercise goes i'm not very self-disciplined! if you can stick to whatever scedule you come up with i really admire you.
#3 Old 03-09-2006, 02:38 PM

anyone have any suggestions for staying dedicated to exercise?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 03-09-2006, 03:56 PM
Veggie Regular

does anyone have suggestions for a morning routine when you HAVE to leave the house early? I can barely make it into the shower and out the door with my briefcase in one hand, and a soda in the other...

I know that a quick morning routine could energize me for the day and make a huge difference in my fitness levels, but I am NOT a morning person, and I really don't give myself much time in the morning...

Nec Aspera Terrent
#5 Old 03-09-2006, 04:12 PM
Veggie Regular

What time do you have to leave, Randy? It depends on how much time you need for everything, really...just a matter of planning. I leave home at 6:30am, so I'm up at 4:45 to get in my run and shower.
#6 Old 03-09-2006, 04:29 PM
Veggie Regular

see, planning is a big part of my issue. I'm usually out the door between 6:30 and 7:00. waking up before 6:00 is not likely to happen anytime soon (although there have been times in my life when I couldn't imagine waking up before 10:00, so who knows?)

so I need to come up with a QUICK (under 10 minutes), simple routine to wake my body up and prepare it for the day. Not so much a full workout, but a morning boost...

Nec Aspera Terrent
#7 Old 03-12-2006, 12:59 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderRandy View Post

so I need to come up with a QUICK (under 10 minutes), simple routine to wake my body up and prepare it for the day. Not so much a full workout, but a morning boost...

Oookay, so I'm not much help anymore Sorry about that
#8 Old 03-12-2006, 06:31 PM
Veggie Regular

hehe

all good. Actually, I know what I need to do, it's just a matter of convincing myself that it's better to do vigorous activity at that time rather than grumpily smoking a cigarette... I'm not easy to convince that early...

Nec Aspera Terrent
#9 Old 03-12-2006, 07:08 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by brassrocker View Post

anyone have any suggestions for staying dedicated to exercise?

Eventually, you will come to love exercise. It won't always be a chore.
#10 Old 03-13-2006, 12:49 AM

When I take my 5:45 buss, I always see people and I mean groups of people running up and down the street, but obviously this isn't going to work out for you (I could never be able to do that either).

Good streching and a cold shower is a good way to wake up and start off a morning.

Good luck comming up with something that would work for you!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page