My Exercise Routine - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 11-12-2005, 05:38 PM

18 Miles a week of Cardio. 3 Days a week of weight lifting.

75 Miles of cardio a month.

Is this bad? I feel good though, my legs are shaping up, no pain in legs what so ever, and my kidney doesn't even hurt much anymore..only thing I notice is acne which may just be from sweat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-12-2005, 05:55 PM
Baby Love

What were you thinking would be bad about your routine? Just make sure you aren't doing the same exercise day after day, give yourself a day of rest per week, and get adequate nutrition. Looks good
#3 Old 11-12-2005, 08:09 PM
Veggie Regular

Sounds pretty good to me. I agree with Jinga- make sure to take a rest day or just take a light walk on a rest day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 11-12-2005, 08:33 PM

When I shed a lot of my weight, I was running about 17 miles a week. I felt great. I think you plan seems fine. Do not get down if you are too tired and miss a day.
#5 Old 11-13-2005, 02:24 AM

Acne can be caused by a lack of zinc, among other things. Zinc is used in muscle repair and growth and for release of energy. If you training hard you may be using up so much zinc that your skin doesn't have enougth, causing the acne.

You can try supplementing zinc or eat more eggs, nut, wholewheat grain, rye, oats, or ginger root, all of which contain resonable quantities of zinc.

Other sings of zinc deficiency include poor sense of taste or smell, white marks on more than two fingernails, frequent infecitions, stretch maarks, low fertility, pale skin, tendency for depression, loss of appetite. If you have any/some/all of these as well it's almost certainly a zinc defeciency.
#6 Old 11-13-2005, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goettling View Post

When I shed a lot of my weight, I was running about 17 miles a week. I felt great. I think you plan seems fine. Do not get down if you are too tired and miss a day.

I mostly walk my 18 miles..lol..I jog 3 times a week, but only a mile each time that's about it.
#7 Old 11-13-2005, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filmmakerr View Post

I mostly walk my 18 miles..lol..I jog 3 times a week, but only a mile each time that's about it.

Lol. I should be clearer. I would do that run, walk, jog thing. It still worked for me.

All that matters is that your heart rate is up to burn fat and staying on my treadmil for 45 minutes did the key.

Wow, I need to get back to those good old days.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page