Jump Rope! - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 09-26-2005, 10:28 PM
Veggie Regular

Have any of you lost weight with jumping rope alone?

I'm thinking of slowly getting back into a workout regimin, but it's way too hot out to walk outside, and there's no room for cardio inside, etc. So jumping rope seems like a good option because it works your muscles very quickly and efficiently without needing to devote a lot of time to it. Anyone have experience with this as a sole form of exercise??

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 09-26-2005, 11:58 PM
Beginner

I have heard lots of good things about jumping rope, but I havent done it since gradeschool. But I have been thinking about getting one soon, just to add a bit of intensity to my regular walks. Anyone else have anything to add?

seany
#3 Old 09-27-2005, 08:01 PM

I used to jump rope for fitness, but my knees can't handle it anymore.

I always thought it was one of the more fun things to do to stay in shape (It's also one of the cheapest).

You can even get videos that will show you all sorts of different jumps to vary your routine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 09-27-2005, 08:13 PM
Veggie Regular

Hmm.. I was kinda talking about this just yesterday. Except I was thinking about digging up my (really) old "Skip-It" rather than a rope. Skip-It is a little less intense and would probably be better for me to start out with since I'm so ridiculously out of shape right now. Went to the gym for the first time in a year today and rode a bike at a medium intensity level for 35 minutes and it damn near killed me Well, it wasn't that bad.. but it was pretty bad.

Thanks for reminding me! I'm gonna give it a go and hopefully work my way up to Rope status.
#5 Old 09-28-2005, 10:33 PM

I prefer jumping jack.. it gives total body workout cuz each of your muscle is extending.
#6 Old 09-28-2005, 10:43 PM

>> jumping jack

how to do ?
#7 Old 09-28-2005, 11:05 PM

you extend your legs apart while you bring your arms up above your head (while extending). But you're jumping.
#8 Old 09-29-2005, 08:07 PM
Veggie Regular

I LOVED Skip-it when I was a kid!!!!

That's all, hehe
#9 Old 10-03-2005, 06:39 PM
Veggie Regular

I tried to do it a little before my run in the mornings for awhile for a warm up... but I didn't notice anything different, and it started getting boring and just taking up more time....

I did get more coordinated at jump roping though...
#10 Old 10-07-2005, 11:25 AM

After my sister had both of her kids she incorporated jumping rope in her exercise regime and it really helped her lose her pregnancy weight.
#11 Old 10-07-2005, 11:55 AM
Veggie Regular

If you jump rope regularly, you'd have to lose weight!

They incorporate jump ropes in the kick-boxing class I take sometimes, and keeping up w/the jumping pace is SO much harder for me than any of the kicks or punches. I mean, it takes stamina to stand there and jump jump jump over and over again. Whew! And to think I used to jump rope for hours and hours at a time when I was little. No wonder I was a stick!
#12 Old 10-09-2005, 03:25 AM
Veggie Regular

mmm... jumping rope..

i've been doing this since little... i love it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page