Calling All Hamsters Week #128 Ending 6-12-05 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 06-05-2005, 07:40 AM
Veggie Regular

Please do all posting here and let the other thread go!

Mission: The VeggieBoards Hamster Club is a group of fitness/health minded vegans and vegetarians who support each other in their endeavors in fitness, diet, and health. Anyone who chooses can post to this thread. There are no dues or fees, just a desire to share our efforts and support one another.

Go Hamsters!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-05-2005, 12:48 PM
Beginner

I did a 12k run this afternoon, my first since the marathon last weekend. I didn't wear a watch, since I just wanted to run easy for the next couple of days. it felt good, though it was quite hot out.
#3 Old 06-05-2005, 12:52 PM

i spent two hours moving furniture and other things about in my room and up and down stairs (last week of school)

does that count?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 06-05-2005, 02:31 PM
Veggie Regular

Moving furnature counts! I hate moving because it is such hard work.

Mark, how much longer until your 100k (?) or 100 miler (?)

I ran a 1/2 marathon which was mostly downhill. It was a nice change to the usual hill runs around here.
#5 Old 06-06-2005, 07:24 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainSwab View Post

Mark, how much longer until your 100k (?) or 100 miler (?)

Only six weeks! I've got time for two more long runs, then a three week taper.

How often do you run half marathons? It seems like every two weeks you post about another one! Way to go, I could never do that much.
#6 Old 06-06-2005, 08:38 AM
Veggie Regular

Awesome on another 1/2, Captain. Geez I really need to get another race under my belt...but after three days of slacking off (my mother was in town...yeah that's my excuse ) I am beotch-slapping myself back on track. I. mean. it.

So this morning, 52-min. run starting at 5:35 A.M.

Tonight is upper work.

Cheers!
#7 Old 06-06-2005, 08:58 AM
Veggie Regular

Way to go Captain!! I agree, you are completing those 1/2 marathons like no one's business!

Mark- great job on the 12k!

Rae- moving furniture definitley counts!

Pseudo- 5:35 AM? psycho good job on the run

35-ish minutes of running and walking. I actually sweat right through my sweatshirt last night!
#8 Old 06-06-2005, 12:32 PM
Veggie Regular

Today:

1 hour trampoline, 1/2 hour swimming, 45 minutes stationary bike, 1 hour yoga video.
#9 Old 06-06-2005, 01:37 PM
Banned

I've been sleeping 16 hours a day, recovering from food poisoning. Does getting out of bed to vomit count?
#10 Old 06-06-2005, 01:55 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshTart View Post

I've been sleeping 16 hours a day, recovering from food poisoning. Does getting out of bed to vomit count?

Feel better soon!!! O/T but I have to ask...wherever did you acquire such a nasty bout of that? Just a heads-up so I can avoid it!

N/C for that.
#11 Old 06-06-2005, 02:16 PM
Banned

I ate vegetarian food. That's what I get. 3 cases in my life, all vegetarian food. No more. None. Nope. Living off beef jerky for the rest of my life now.

#12 Old 06-06-2005, 06:08 PM
Veggie Regular

I don't usually run this many...the one four weeks ago was peer pressure from my training partners. I wasn't planning on doing that until two days before. The one two weeks ago was more peer pressure and the one this past weekend was my goal race all along.

Dang training partners.

My next race will be the Las Vegas Marathon in december so I've got a bit of a break now.

(unless of course I get convinced to do something before hand)

Mark, it seems like you run a number of races yourself though.

PV, running in the morning is hard! I'm impressed that you can go at 5:30am.
#13 Old 06-06-2005, 06:10 PM
Veggie Regular

Uggg. I"m having trouble editing right now, so I'll just do this in another post:

Krista, I hope you feel better soon!

Brownie, warming up where you live? When do you start traning for Chicago?

CK, your trampoline workouts sound like fun!
#14 Old 06-06-2005, 08:17 PM
Veggie Regular

sunday: 5k race. my time was a bit slower than I wanted it to be, but it was a hilly course and it was hot out! and I was lacking in motivation that day... ugh.

today: 30 minute aerobic video.

i need to run the next three days because I have to get in shape for my 10k this weekend. or possibly my two 10ks this weekend, depending upon how I feel.

i need to get back to abs... hmm.
#15 Old 06-06-2005, 09:56 PM
Veggie Regular

Today was supposed to be an off day, but I went running...well, I tried to.

I think I need to do some core exercises; ever since I stopped the tae-bo and weight lifting I've been getting horrible side cramps only minutes into my run.
#16 Old 06-06-2005, 10:03 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainSwab View Post

Uggg. I"m having trouble editing right now, so I'll just do this in another post:

Krista, I hope you feel better soon!

Brownie, warming up where you live? When do you start traning for Chicago?

CK, your trampoline workouts sound like fun!

Yeah, thanks for asking!! Today we hit 90 , which was a very welcome change. I started training today....with a rest day

LV in December sounds like it would be a perfect race, just the right weather. Is this a PR/PB race or are you just doing it for fun?
#17 Old 06-07-2005, 01:17 PM
Veggie Regular

Monday: 5 mile run (in scorching heat and humidity...I should learn to not run towards noon but if I didn't run then I wouldn't have run at all!)

Tuesday: 1 hour of inline skating, 4 mile walk
#18 Old 06-07-2005, 01:22 PM
Veggie Regular

Today:

1 hour trampoline, 45 minutes elliptical.

My CD player was broken, so I had to use one of those old-school cassette players! I only had Alanis Morissette, little kid songs, and The Carpenters. It was sooo wacky, but fun.
#19 Old 06-07-2005, 01:45 PM
cyk
Veggie Regular

I skipped bjj practice this morning and went to bally instead... I jogged 1 mile, did chest and biceps.

Tommorow: 1.5 hours bjj.
#20 Old 06-07-2005, 02:56 PM
Veggie Regular

Last night... upper work and INJURY!!

So no A.M. run this morning (and I was seriously ready to go again!) and...

I could run this afternoon, but it's the dull/aching headache that is hendering me more than my neck right now...and while I *really* need to do them, ab-work with the strained neck would probably be a bad idea

...damnit.

Cheers, hammies.
#21 Old 06-07-2005, 03:17 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountessKerouac View Post

Today:

1 hour trampoline, 45 minutes elliptical.

My CD player was broken, so I had to use one of those old-school cassette players! I only had Alanis Morissette, little kid songs, and The Carpenters. It was sooo wacky, but fun.

Add to that a 2-3 mile bike ride.
#22 Old 06-07-2005, 06:25 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudo_vegan View Post

I could run this afternoon, but it's the dull/aching headache that is hendering me more than my neck right now...and while I *really* need to do them, ab-work with the strained neck would probably be a bad idea

...damnit.

Cheers, hammies.

Blasted. No ab-work (yet...)

Well, I did 25 minutes on the bike after work...then I came home, washed out my CamelBak, and went for a 25-minute run in the 80* heat (that's hot for mountain-town )...I wish I could have done more but...I was really hot and just not feeling it (still the neck methinks)...

Odd thing is, my neck felt better right after I got off the bike and then right when I got home from the run

Cheers!
#23 Old 06-07-2005, 07:29 PM
Veggie Regular

20 minutes elliptical, 10 minute track run (1.2 miles), abs.

tomorrow i'm going to go on a real run, finally. it's just been so hot
#24 Old 06-08-2005, 05:44 AM
Beginner

pseudo_vegan, sorry to hear about your injury. Hope it get's better soon!

Sounds like everyone is struggling with the heat. Me too! Yesterday I did an 11k trail run in the evening, but it was still about 28C at the start. Fortunately, it was nice and cool in the woods. I'm going to do some weights today, and maybe a short run tomorrow.
#25 Old 06-08-2005, 11:56 AM
Veggie Regular

1 hour trampoline, 45 minutes elliptical, some swimming.

I *hope* to do a yoga workout tonight, but I may not.
#26 Old 06-08-2005, 12:03 PM
Veggie Regular

Today I'm doing NADA, ZILCH, NOTHING as far as working out :P Well if you don't count the lunges I did this morning and the situps and crunches that I'm doing tonight. I don't know man - my body can be sooo weird. Haven't been working out like I usually do and I seem to be bonier than ever (a lot moreso than in my doublemint pic). oh well.

Happy to re-post that tomorrow I'm taking my 90 min. jazz dance class tho. Hope my instructor doesn't think I'm a slacker - my life has been rather hectic lately so I haven't been as consistent as I would like.
#27 Old 06-08-2005, 03:42 PM
Veggie Regular

Virtue, have some peanut butter on hearty grain bread or some protein-rich food if you are feeling bony. You want to look fit, not skeletal! And I understand about hectic schedules. I wish there were more hours in the day. It doesn't help that it takes me a half hour or so to get to the gym and a half hour to get back. There are many Uturns involved. Ugh. Oh, well. We do what we can!
#28 Old 06-08-2005, 07:49 PM
Veggie Regular

I should be out running 3 miles, but I'm too scared. A girl in a neighboring town was running in broad daylight the other day and a reg. sex offender assaulted her, slit her throat, and left her for dead.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/n...ationworld-hed
#29 Old 06-08-2005, 07:56 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownieB26 View Post

I should be out running 3 miles, but I'm too scared. A girl in a neighboring town was running in broad daylight the other day and a reg. sex offender assaulted her, slit her throat, and left her for dead.

How sick. It's so so sad when something like this happens, not just for the victim but for how it affects the entire community. At least it sounds from the article like the offender is going away for a long time.
#30 Old 06-08-2005, 08:48 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownieB26 View Post

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/n...ationworld-hed

I read about that, too, brownie (was actually going to post it in the patch...but didn't') and it's kinda creepy

But it is interesting the tactics she used - played dead and scratched him with a fingernail to get DNA evidence. Probably not the kind of thing I'd think of with a knife at my back

Anyway. Back on topic. 4 mile run and a little bit of biking today.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page