Forum Jump: 
 4Likes
  • 1 Post By LedBoots
  • 2 Post By Beautiful Joe
  • 1 Post By runnerveggie

#1 Old 02-09-2016, 03:15 AM
Veggie Regular

Running with Big Boobs

I guess this is more a question for the women of the forum, but feel free for anyone with knowledge of this to chip in. I walk a lot, and swim sometimes, but overall my physical exercise is fairly low. I would love to add running into the mix, but I've always had a huge problem with large breasts.

I have even had breast reduction surgery once before, and may need it again in my lifetime. I just have large boob genes or something.

If I run the bounce is extremely painful to me, and the only way to stop it is to wear so many tight sports bras that in the end it feels like a corset, and pushes in my chest so much that it makes it hard to breathe easily.

Are there any other busty women here who run and have found a solution to this? It's honestly been years since I even tried to run, and I'm extremely unfit now, but I'm always turned off even trying it again because I know I'll just be stuck in the same position.

In this scenario I am talking about outdoor running, I've never been fond of treadmills, I tend to veer sideways and am always scared of falling off them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-09-2016, 03:36 AM
the ever sleepy

Strap-em down.

Wear a good support bra and then wear a sport bra over top of it. Wear two sport bras if you need it, that's what I have to do.

I just dropped in to see what condition my condition was in.
#3 Old 02-09-2016, 03:39 AM
Veggie Regular

That's what I do when I do other things like boxing, I wear my usual bra, with a super strong sports bra over the top, and sometimes even a third over that. The only problem I have with that is that it's so tightly compressed that it sometimes makes it hard for me to breathe. It kind of feels like I've been punched in the chest and had the air knocked out of me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 02-09-2016, 05:32 AM
Veggie Regular

Sounds like you need a new sports bra that is supportive and not just super tight. Title nine has a good selection and a nice rating system, but they are not cheap: http://www.titlenine.com

Champion also has some nice offerings on Amazon that are not too expensive -- check the reviews and you should find some from women with larger breasts (plus free returns on many items). If you normally wear an underwire bra, there are lots of options with underwires that actually look normal under clothes so you could wear them all day (convenient if you plan to work out in the evening).
#5 Old 02-09-2016, 05:47 AM
Veggie Regular

Shock absorber! LOVE them - I don't have ginormous boobs but there's enough there that I don't want jiggle. I also run a fair bit so I'm v motivated. THey come up to 38F ...
#6 Old 02-09-2016, 06:52 AM

Fund new sports bra. Or if you have a back and neck pain why do not you consider breast surgery ??
#7 Old 02-09-2016, 02:39 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by runnerveggie View Post
Sounds like you need a new sports bra that is supportive and not just super tight. Title nine has a good selection and a nice rating system, but they are not cheap: http://www.titlenine.com

Champion also has some nice offerings on Amazon that are not too expensive -- check the reviews and you should find some from women with larger breasts (plus free returns on many items). If you normally wear an underwire bra, there are lots of options with underwires that actually look normal under clothes so you could wear them all day (convenient if you plan to work out in the evening).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shallot View Post
Shock absorber! LOVE them - I don't have ginormous boobs but there's enough there that I don't want jiggle. I also run a fair bit so I'm v motivated. THey come up to 38F ...
Those Title Nine bra's look interesting, I wonder if they sell them in-store anywhere here in Australia, as bra's aren't the type of thing I like to order online, I much prefer to try them on first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoroAdams View Post
Fund new sports bra. Or if you have a back and neck pain why do not you consider breast surgery ??
In my first post I stated that I have already had breast reduction surgery and may need to have it again sometime.
#8 Old 02-09-2016, 03:05 PM
Not such a Beginner ;)

I bicycle instead of running for the same reason.
Crouton likes this.
#9 Old 02-10-2016, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crouton View Post
Those Title Nine bra's look interesting, I wonder if they sell them in-store anywhere here in Australia, as bra's aren't the type of thing I like to order online, I much prefer to try them on first.

In my first post I stated that I have already had breast reduction surgery and may need to have it again sometime.
Yep so sorry. Will it be safe to go to another surgery ? I bet it's painful.
I read somewhere that when you lose fat, it comes off from the breasts first. Maybe to try to stimulate your metabolism. Have you ever checked your hormones ?
Drink green tea and add ginger in your diet.
Hope it will help you .
#10 Old 02-10-2016, 03:26 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Yep so sorry. Will it be safe to go to another surgery ? I bet it's painful.
I read somewhere that when you lose fat, it comes off from the breasts first. Maybe to try to stimulate your metabolism. Have you ever checked your hormones ?
Drink green tea and add ginger in your diet.
Hope it will help you .

Oh man, I wish I could but you just listed two of my most hated foods. Ginger makes me gag and I've never been able to have more than two sips of green tea, or any tea for that matter without feeling sick. My hormones could be off-balance, as I've been taking the contraceptive pill for about 6 years now (for medical reasons). But I know that this is at least partly or wholly genetic, as my sister also had to have a breast reduction done, and while neither of us are skinny (We could both do to lose a little weight) neither of us are really badly overweight either. And we are both pretty active. I don't think our lifestyles warrant the breast size so I'm thinking genetics is the main cause. I am trying to lose weight at the moment though, so I'm hoping I can lose some off my breasts.
#11 Old 02-12-2016, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crouton View Post
Oh man, I wish I could but you just listed two of my most hated foods. Ginger makes me gag and I've never been able to have more than two sips of green tea, or any tea for that matter without feeling sick. My hormones could be off-balance, as I've been taking the contraceptive pill for about 6 years now (for medical reasons). But I know that this is at least partly or wholly genetic, as my sister also had to have a breast reduction done, and while neither of us are skinny (We could both do to lose a little weight) neither of us are really badly overweight either. And we are both pretty active. I don't think our lifestyles warrant the breast size so I'm thinking genetics is the main cause. I am trying to lose weight at the moment though, so I'm hoping I can lose some off my breasts.
Maybe some herbs will help, like a cream that you will apply on your breasts. Or go to another surgery , but I know it's painful ((. I hope someday the genetic medicine will be able to extract some bad genes .
#12 Old 02-12-2016, 09:14 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Maybe some herbs will help, like a cream that you will apply on your breasts. Or go to another surgery , but I know it's painful ((. I hope someday the genetic medicine will be able to extract some bad genes .
runnerveggie and no whey jose like this.
#13 Old 02-21-2016, 08:39 PM

I always wear 2 bras when I workout. Either a very supportive sports bra with a regular sports bra, or a regular bra with a regular sports bra.

I'm a D cup btw and did the same thing when I was heavier and a DD+.
#14 Old 02-21-2016, 09:21 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Perhaps someday science will be able to tell us whether or not rubbing herbs on your breasts will cause them to shrink...

Oh wait, science can, and the herbs don't work.
Beautiful Joe likes this.
#15 Old 02-21-2016, 10:45 PM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Nvm
#16 Old 05-17-2016, 04:48 AM

I have exactly the same problem as you, being big chested as well I find that any kind of physical exercise can be a problem for me if I am honest and I find that I not only have to wear a sports bra but also a support bra as well which I have found is a lot more comfortable for me and it prevents any kind of pain when I do take on physical exercise.
#17 Old 02-21-2017, 10:04 AM

I have some clients that have this problem, the first solution is a good sports bra with a tight fitting top, second is running on an incline on the treadmill, third is replacing running with rowing/cycling. Hope this helps
#18 Old 05-23-2017, 02:37 AM

I'm happy that I don't have this kind of issue. You can try other less "shaking" sports.
#19 Old 05-24-2017, 07:42 AM
person

Rowing and cycling is a good idea.

If you really want to run there are 3 Brava shops in Melbourne that fit sports bras. Not inexpensive though.

"The time will come when men such as I will look upon the murder of animals as they now look upon the murder of men." - Leonardo Da Vinci, Italian Painter, Sculptor, Architect, Musician, Engineer, and Scientist

When it comes to having a central nervous system, and the ability to feel pain, hunger, and thirst, a rat is a pig is a dog is a boy. ~Ingrid Newkirk
#20 Old 01-05-2018, 06:25 AM

When I started running I was DD. Now I'm down to C. Yes, I understand your pain. What I did was switched to a low fat vegan diet, basically I eat very little fat (~20g a day more or less), protein as is only found in veggies and grains, I don't eat much tofu...zero oils...I follow the McDougall Starch based diet mostly. I lost 40 lbs and was able to run a half marathon last year for the first time. It was tough starting out, I spent a lot of money on bras. The best one I was able to find was this one at the running store that was $60. But I think for me what helped most was getting the fat out of my diet. Since boobs are mostly fat, reducing my body fat % shrunk my boobs considerably. Now I don't have many problems any more.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page