Getting fit on (mostly) raw - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 01-06-2016, 09:30 AM
No flesh since 99'

Getting fit on (mostly) raw

So it's been over a year and a half since I started the high raw diet. It has really began to heal my body. I am finally of a healthy weight and it appears it was the raw foods that did it (I was previously very underweight to the point my bones stuck out and I haven't really changed my caloric intake, just what foods those calories came from). I guess I'm not in the 'typical' spot of someone starting a new fitness routine as I definitely don't want to loose weight, but I do want to tone up a bit and add some muscle. I can't be the only person in this boat! Hoping to keep updating this thread over the coming months (maybe once a month or so) with my progress and my evolving fitness routine.

Now I do walk daily or ride my exercise bike for about 30 minutes as well as some sit ups and squats and have done so for about the past year, so I'm not completely starting at 0 fitness wise but I have had no good fitness routine. The routine I set and have been following the past 5 days is as follows:

5-10 minute warmup on the bike with some stretching before doing (25) squats, (10) lunges, (10) burpees, (20) knee highs, (20) calf raises, (10) plie squats, (20 sec.) plank, (10) v-ups, (20) sit-ups, (5) pushups (yea, I suck at those!), (10) dips, (30) bicep curls with 8lb weights.

I am doing 5 days on, 1 day off and increasing each exercise by "5" each new week (provided I feel I am able to). I may also add in new or different exercises as I see fit. Right now, this seems to be perfectly doable for me though.

I've been drinking beforehand: matcha green tea with 4 drops peppermint oil (not a raw beverage but supposedly helpful with preventing DOMS) and a raw protein smoothie afterwards containing 2 tbsp raw hempseeds, 2 tbsp raw powdered greens, 1 jar (homemade) raw fermented oatgurt, 1/2 cup blueberries, 5 or so strawberries and 3 bananas.

So far, so good in regards to only being minimally sore (hopefully the tea along with the high-moisture/high carb/high nutrient raw diet is helping?). Here I am on day one, and I will try to update in a month or so to show any progress (hopefully there will be some)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page