• 1 Post By Sheila Burz
  • 1 Post By 10LitresFitness
  • 1 Post By BlackBoxed
  • 3 Post By LedBoots
  • 1 Post By Naturebound
  • 1 Post By BlackBoxed

#1 Old 01-04-2016, 12:59 PM
Veggie Regular

My Vegan Muscle Photo Shoot & Transformation!

Think vegans can’t build muscle? Check out my vegan muscle photo shoot and see my transformation from bloated and heavy to lean and cut in 2.5 months. I was posing for an upcoming book by Melissa Schwarz and Donovan Jenkins of The Vegan Revolution, who you’ll get to hear from. I take you through the photo shoot process, share the fitness routine I used in preparation, and show you the final photographs! My thanks to Melissa for the beautiful photos, and Derek Tresize and Crissi Carvalho for the fitness guidance and moral support!

--------
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

YouTube:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Facebook:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-04-2016, 02:17 PM
Super Moderator

You look incredible!

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#3 Old 01-04-2016, 02:36 PM
V for Vegan

You look like a badass Nice work!
Cocoplan likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 01-04-2016, 03:57 PM
Veggie Regular

That's quite the change for 2.5 months.
Cocoplan likes this.
#5 Old 01-04-2016, 07:23 PM
Vegan since 1991

Holy cow, your arms!
Cocoplan likes this.

_________

Specific recommendations for a healthy diet include: eating more fruit, vegetables, legumes, nuts and grains; cutting down on salt, sugar and fats. It is also advisable to choose unsaturated fats, instead of saturated fats and towards the elimination of trans-fatty acids."
- United Nations' World Health Organization
http://www.who.int/topics/diet/en/
#6 Old 01-08-2016, 07:50 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl View Post
You look incredible!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce V View Post
You look like a badass Nice work!
Quote:
Originally Posted by odizzido View Post
That's quite the change for 2.5 months.
Quote:
Originally Posted by David3 View Post
Holy cow, your arms!
Thank you so much you guys
Cocoplan likes this.

--------

YouTube:

Facebook:

#7 Old 01-08-2016, 08:09 PM
Phoebe

That proves an amazing accomplishment, and so much commitment, you are Beautiful inside and out
Cocoplan likes this.
#8 Old 01-09-2016, 03:47 AM
Beginner

Looking good Emily.
Cocoplan likes this.
#9 Old 01-10-2016, 05:46 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MushroomToadStool View Post
That proves an amazing accomplishment, and so much commitment, you are Beautiful inside and out
aww Thank you so much

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveW View Post
Looking good Emily.
Thank you!
Cocoplan likes this.

--------

YouTube:

Facebook:

#10 Old 01-18-2016, 11:13 AM

That is a amazing accomplishment!

I always admire people who have great determination and commitment to their goals.

Great work!
Cocoplan likes this.

Proudly Asian Vegan for 10 Years

Visit Our Family Store:
for 100% Vegan Bags.

We handcraft bags ranging from backpacks to briefcases for all men and women.
We ship worldwide too.
#11 Old 01-25-2016, 05:57 AM

Wow Emily! You look so amazing and are an inspiration to me! I am a new vagan and currently looking to gain muscle since I feel a bit too skinny. I have always been skinny and find it hard to gain weight, right now I working with kettle bells and though I don't think I enjoy working enoug to get to your body I would like to tone everything up and have a flat stomach. The video link was having a hard time loading but how long did your transformation take?
Cocoplan likes this.
#12 Old 01-27-2016, 08:29 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahfay View Post
Wow Emily! You look so amazing and are an inspiration to me! I am a new vagan and currently looking to gain muscle since I feel a bit too skinny. I have always been skinny and find it hard to gain weight, right now I working with kettle bells and though I don't think I enjoy working enoug to get to your body I would like to tone everything up and have a flat stomach. The video link was having a hard time loading but how long did your transformation take?
It took 2.5 months but I was working REALLY hard. Working out 4-5 hours some days. More extreme than I'd recommend. I had a deadline.
Cocoplan likes this.

--------

YouTube:

Facebook:

#13 Old 01-31-2016, 04:00 AM
Plant/Fungi based.

Real motivating for my fitness. You made some real vegan gains :P
Cocoplan likes this.
#14 Old 02-03-2016, 10:03 AM
Out of the veg closet :)

You are so inspiring and a wonderful example of what a healthy vegan diet really can do for your body! I have a lot of weight to lose (50 or so pounds) and then I'd like to tone up and have some muscle as well and seeing this is a good motivation. I hope you are so proud of yourself, you look absolutely incredible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cocoplan likes this.

No cause is lost if there is but one fool left fighting for it.
#15 Old 02-03-2016, 02:42 PM
Veggie Regular

Fantastic accomplishment ! You look & are awesome!
Cocoplan likes this.

"Snake Savers"
Venomous & Non-Venomous Snakes Removed & Relocated. Unharmed.
#16 Old 02-04-2016, 06:09 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGreene View Post
You are so inspiring and a wonderful example of what a healthy vegan diet really can do for your body! I have a lot of weight to lose (50 or so pounds) and then I'd like to tone up and have some muscle as well and seeing this is a good motivation. I hope you are so proud of yourself, you look absolutely incredible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you so much! So glad it was motivating. Best of luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Olexa View Post
Fantastic accomplishment ! You look & are awesome!
Wow thank you so much ;D
Cocoplan likes this.

--------

YouTube:

Facebook:

#17 Old 02-10-2016, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiteSizeVegan View Post
Vegan Muscle
Think vegans can’t build muscle? Check out my vegan muscle photo shoot and see my transformation from bloated and heavy to lean and cut in 2.5 months. I was posing for an upcoming book by Melissa Schwarz and Donovan Jenkins of The Vegan Revolution, who you’ll get to hear from. I take you through the photo shoot process, share the fitness routine I used in preparation, and show you the final photographs! My thanks to Melissa for the beautiful photos, and Derek Tresize and Crissi Carvalho for the fitness guidance and moral support!
you look fantastic!
Cocoplan likes this.
#18 Old 04-06-2016, 12:41 PM
Fitness YouTuber

Gainz!!
Cocoplan likes this.

Check out the YouTube Fitness Channel for Recipes, Training and Lifestyle Content!!

#19 Old 04-06-2016, 10:04 PM
Bean Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by buh-ted View Post
looking amazing... id love to go vegan, problem is, as a male strongman competitor who weighs 220lbs. i have no clue how i would be able to consume 250 grams of protein a day without meat. its hard as is.

nice pics though.
This is purely the protein sources and none of the vegetables (which also add extra protein). Not going to question if 250g protein is essential every day, but here you go:
Cocoplan likes this.
#20 Old 04-07-2016, 04:16 AM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by buh-ted View Post
looking amazing... id love to go vegan, problem is, as a male strongman competitor who weighs 220lbs. i have no clue how i would be able to consume 250 grams of protein a day without meat. its hard as is.

nice pics though.
Check out this vegan strongman
#21 Old 04-08-2016, 07:39 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBoxed View Post
This is purely the protein sources and none of the vegetables (which also add extra protein). Not going to question if 250g protein is essential every day, but here you go:
8 servings of green lentils in one meal? Please tell me they were at least pureed into a soup or something. I think the gas from that alone would send me to the moon lol.
Cocoplan likes this.

In the end, only kindness matters. - Jewel

#22 Old 04-08-2016, 08:15 PM
Bean Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naturebound View Post
8 servings of green lentils in one meal? Please tell me they were at least pureed into a soup or something. I think the gas from that alone would send me to the moon lol.
Well a 'serving' is only 1/4 cup. I use 3 cups in my Shepard's pie which makes 6 servings and I always eat two (sometimes three). 2 cups of lentils for a larger person's meal isn't to crazy. Gotta remember, strongmen, power-lifters, and bodybuilders eat like it's their job.

I don't find lentils giving me any more gas than anything else. But I'm also a really gassy person so that's going to happen no matter what I eat. #saladgas
Cocoplan likes this.
#23 Old 04-08-2016, 08:29 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBoxed View Post
Well a 'serving' is only 1/4 cup. I use 3 cups in my Shepard's pie which makes 6 servings and I always eat two (sometimes three). 2 cups of lentils for a larger person's meal isn't to crazy. Gotta remember, strongmen, power-lifters, and bodybuilders eat like it's their job.

I don't find lentils giving me any more gas than anything else. But I'm also a really gassy person so that's going to happen no matter what I eat. #saladgas
I thought a serving of lentils is 1/2 cup cooked. So I was picturing 8 servings as four cups cooked. I can down one cup but more than that would fill me up, but I am not a powerlifter either lol. More power to you!

In the end, only kindness matters. - Jewel

#24 Old 04-08-2016, 08:43 PM
Bean Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naturebound View Post
I thought a serving of lentils is 1/2 cup cooked. So I was picturing 8 servings as four cups cooked. I can down one cup but more than that would fill me up, but I am not a powerlifter either lol. More power to you!
XD You thought right, actually. I do eat 1 cup of dry lentils in my curries or pies. Though, I only seem to get a 50% increase, never double when I boil them. lol
#25 Old 05-30-2016, 09:17 AM

Wow, this is super inspiring. I've been working out regularly for few months now and the results are finally starting to show
#26 Old 12-14-2016, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiteSizeVegan View Post
Vegan Muscle
Do you mind if I ask what you ate for protein?

I have been Vegetarian for almost one year and I train pretty hard, but I haven't been building as much muscle as I have expected by this point. I do wonder if I am not getting enough protein.....YOU Look amazing..Your body is ideal, to me.

Thank you in advance for your help.
#27 Old 12-14-2016, 08:38 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashalicious View Post
Do you mind if I ask what you ate for protein?

I have been Vegetarian for almost one year and I train pretty hard, but I haven't been building as much muscle as I have expected by this point. I do wonder if I am not getting enough protein.....YOU Look amazing..Your body is ideal, to me.

Thank you in advance for your help.
Make sure you're eating enough calories to build muscle.

Protein - beans, tofu, tempeh, seitan, quinoa, lentils...

"We have enslaved the rest of the animal creation, and have treated our distant cousins in fur and feathers so badly that beyond doubt, if they were able to formulate a religion, they would depict the Devil in human form." - William Ralphe Inge

#28 Old 03-11-2017, 02:15 AM

Can someone please recommend me a good yet tasty vegan protein. The brown rice is just not cutting it for me :-)

YouTube:

Vegan recipes - Health tips

Facebook:

#29 Old 03-11-2017, 02:16 AM

You look amazing by the way BiteSizeVegan :-)

YouTube:

Vegan recipes - Health tips

Facebook:

#30 Old 06-28-2017, 10:54 AM

A stupendous effort for transformation, well done, once again.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page