30 Days of Yoga Challenge, anyone? - Page 4 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 187Likes

#91 Old 01-08-2016, 04:19 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by no whey jose View Post
I'm behind, too. My son had his last round of vaccinations yesterday and he's been feverish, so I've been stuck on the sofa with him as that's the only way he'll sleep. :/ Hoping to catch up!
Ah yes, baby days! If only I could go back and maybe cherish them more...
no whey jose likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#92 Old 01-10-2016, 04:07 PM
Super Moderator

I've been having a pretty lazy Sunday. Had planned things, but the weathers bad, so i'm just putzing around the house and reading
Decided to do day 8 which is I Chose... I really didn't enjoy it at all! I even didn't like Adrienne!
Will do tomorrow though- I've liked everything else about this 'camp'!
#93 Old 01-10-2016, 04:38 PM
Veggie Regular

Hopefully I will like 8 tomorrow. I did 7 today and it was tough, especially since I can still feel my six pack abs from yesterday heh.

I am still enjoying this, but if 8 is strenuous as well I may take a day off so I don't stress my body too much. Will depend how I feel though.
LedBoots and no whey jose like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#94 Old 01-10-2016, 04:43 PM
Super Moderator

8 wasn't anything stenuous! It was kinda meditative, but not in a way I like,and I didn't find the movements flowed at all. I think it was me, and maybe not a good match for my mood today.
ANd she said "anthony bordain" and I fixated on that...:/
LedBoots likes this.
#95 Old 01-10-2016, 05:37 PM
Veggie Regular

I have no idea who that is
#96 Old 01-11-2016, 02:59 AM
Super Moderator

Who's Anthony Bourdain? The name sounds familiar.

Dylan is feeling better, so I'm planning to finally start up again today!
LedBoots likes this.
#97 Old 01-11-2016, 03:56 AM
Veggie Regular

Glad he is feeling better NWJ
no whey jose likes this.
#98 Old 01-15-2016, 02:01 PM
Veggie Regular

Man adriene must be really strong. I was struggling to maintain shapes/movements for day 11 and she was talking all casually like it was barely harder than laying down for her.
LedBoots likes this.
#99 Old 01-15-2016, 08:39 PM
Ankle Biter

I missed today - day 14! Argh! I hope to do 14 and 15 tomorrow.

Love this challenge, love this group.
LedBoots likes this.

It is our choices that show what we truly are far more than our abilities. ~A. Dumbledore
#100 Old 01-16-2016, 02:25 AM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppy View Post
I missed today - day 14! Argh! I hope to do 14 and 15 tomorrow.

Love this challenge, love this group.
I missed Day 9 and the next day did it in the morning and #10 in the evening.

Loving this!
#101 Old 01-16-2016, 09:56 AM
Super Moderator

I am a horrible person and haven't done one in days. I'm sorry, guys! I am such a dope.
#102 Old 01-16-2016, 10:35 AM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Quote:
I am a horrible person and haven't done one in days. I'm sorry, guys! I am such a dope.
It isn't a contest, and you're a new mom!! Just do a couple a week, when you have the energy.
no whey jose likes this.
#103 Old 01-16-2016, 11:17 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LedBoots View Post
It isn't a contest, and you're a new mom!! Just do a couple a week, when you have the energy.
Thank you!
LedBoots likes this.
#104 Old 01-17-2016, 06:54 AM
Veggie Regular

Indeed. I am not a mom and I've skipped a few days as well. Skipping today too as my legs could use a break.
LedBoots likes this.
#105 Old 02-10-2016, 08:59 AM

Quote:
On the recommendation of someone on VB (I can't remember who, sorry!), I've been doing yoga with Adriene on YouTube. She has so many videos that it's tough to choose, but I see that she has a 30 day yoga challenge with a new video for each day. I thought it might be fun to do it with someone or perhaps a group of people. We could choose a start date and do this together for the full 30 days, then share our experiences and results. Each video is not much longer than half an hour-- some are as short as 15 minutes-- so it's simple enough to squeeze them into even a busy schedule. Is anyone interested?

Here's the full set of videos: 30 Days of Yoga: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...TzEwsZnnROBTIL
Thank you! I'll try I usually do yoga in the morning ) I'm glad to see something new )
LedBoots likes this.
#106 Old 02-10-2016, 09:10 AM
Veggie Regular

OK so I completely failed to take up this challenge! But.. I have finally started doing a daily (short at the moment) morning yoga practice and have decided to go down the Astanga route (I believe marketed in the US as "power yoga").

Is anyone here maintaining a daily yoga practice since doing the Yoga boot camp?
How do you feel?
LedBoots likes this.
#107 Old 02-10-2016, 09:13 AM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spudulika View Post
OK so I completely failed to take up this challenge! But.. I have finally started doing a daily (short at the moment) morning yoga practice and have decided to go down the Astanga route (I believe marketed in the US as "power yoga").

Is anyone here maintaining a daily yoga practice since doing the Yoga boot camp?
How do you feel?
I have and I feel great. Disclaimer, I have been doing nearly daily yoga and meditation for a couple of years now. I like these Adrienne videos a lot.
Spudulika likes this.
#108 Old 02-10-2016, 09:21 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LedBoots View Post
I have and I feel great. Disclaimer, I have been doing nearly daily yoga and meditation for a couple of years now. I like these Adrienne videos a lot.
Yes, she's a really nice teacher.
I've dipped in and out of yoga in the past but not in shape right now. My intention is that by keeping my initial goals super short and easy to start with, I can gradually build up to a strong dynamic daily practice that will help me feel generally more energised.
LedBoots likes this.
#109 Old 02-10-2016, 09:35 AM
Veggie Regular

I've been doing yoga either on days I feel like I need it or if I've not gotten any real activity for the day. I did day 21 yesterday and it felt super good. Today I've had a good run and I am currently stuffed with curry so I doubt I will do day 22 today. Likely tomorrow though.

I actually find adriene to be pretty funny. She is not afraid at all of making a fool of herself which is great.

I will be finishing the 30 days, and I am fairly certain I will continue to do yoga afterwards. It won't be every day, but probably around 10-15 times a month.
LedBoots likes this.
#110 Old 05-16-2016, 12:02 AM

I love all her yoga videos! She is so down to earth and her videos are so much fun!
LedBoots likes this.
#111 Old 05-16-2016, 05:53 AM

Quote:
On the recommendation of someone on VB (I can't remember who, sorry!), I've been doing yoga with Adriene on YouTube. She has so many videos that it's tough to choose, but I see that she has a 30 day yoga challenge with a new video for each day. I thought it might be fun to do it with someone or perhaps a group of people. We could choose a start date and do this together for the full 30 days, then share our experiences and results. Each video is not much longer than half an hour-- some are as short as 15 minutes-- so it's simple enough to squeeze them into even a busy schedule. Is anyone interested?

Here's the full set of videos: 30 Days of Yoga: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...TzEwsZnnROBTIL
This is wonderful! I am going to start the 30 day challenge this afternoon. My collection of videos are well used and I tend to get that ho-hum feeling when choosing one of them. I had no idea that Yoga with Adriene existed, so happy to have logged in this morning and found this thread.
LedBoots likes this.
#112 Old 05-16-2016, 06:55 AM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellaj View Post
This is wonderful! I am going to start the 30 day challenge this afternoon. My collection of videos are well used and I tend to get that ho-hum feeling when choosing one of them. I had no idea that Yoga with Adriene existed, so happy to have logged in this morning and found this thread.
We should have another challenge? Any takers, I'm in!
ellaj likes this.
#113 Old 05-16-2016, 07:07 AM

Me too, it will be so refreshing to try something new.
LedBoots likes this.
#114 Old 05-16-2016, 08:58 AM

Day one completed. A wonderful stretch, loved it.
LedBoots likes this.
#115 Old 05-16-2016, 09:04 AM

It is exactly lunch time here which is earlier than I had originally planned to do the challenge each day, but the opportunity of having the house to myself presented itself. Ideally I would like to do the challenge later in the evening, this helps me to relax and makes for a better nights sleep.
LedBoots likes this.
#116 Old 05-17-2016, 05:14 AM

OK, I admit it, I am a little bit achey this morning.

My wrists are sore due to the plank position, but not so much that it affects my daily activities at all. Normally I avoid the plank but I at least wanted to give it a try this time....I will live, of this I am sure.
LedBoots likes this.
#117 Old 05-17-2016, 09:50 AM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Day one done last night.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page