Gym Vs Home workout - Page 3 - VeggieBoards
View Poll Results: What is the better option for fitness.
Home Workout 31 52.54%
Gym 24 40.68%
Only perfect Diet 4 6.78%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 
 64Likes

#61 Old 04-19-2017, 09:24 PM
Veggie Regular

My outdoor workout season is almost here, using walking, weight lifting, deep bends, and upper arm workouts. (Walking to the library to pick up 20 lbs. of books, and coming home and working in the garden and sweeping the walk).

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 Old 04-26-2017, 10:50 AM
Veggie Regular

I have access to a free gym in my apartment complex, and I've never used it. When the weather is warm, I do go outside to exercise semi-regularly. I tend to get lazy in the winter. I bought some weights, jump rope, and push up bars to use at home, but I never seem to last more than a few weeks doing that stuff before I get lazy and stop doing it regularly.

As others have said, if the goal is weight loss, diet is the key, not exercise. The one time I ever had real success losing weight, I did it by cutting soda out of my diet and counting calories on my snacks. And that's it - I didn't limit my meals at all, and I didn't exercise any more than normal.

Now my weight's back up, and I'm starting to do the same thing again. I've definitely been drinking too much soda lately, and probably snacking too much. But I also want to exercise more, just for general fitness. As I said, I do tend to go outside once the weather warms up. I just went jogging a couple of days ago, which was nice.

--Fromper
#63 Old 05-08-2017, 07:38 PM
Beginner

I am fortunate in that I love to exercise. I love the way it makes me feel and I actually enjoy doing it, whether lifting weights or doing cardio on the treadmill. I used to love running but my knees can no longer handle the pounding.

I am all too well aware that exercise can never overcome a bad diet. This is a concept that many Americans fail to still grasp.

But exercise alone has so many great benefits, it is something everyone should be doing.

My company has a gym that has dumbbells and some weight machines as well as various cardio machines, so I work out during lunch time. I live in a small apartment room so don't do any home exercises.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#64 Old 06-28-2017, 10:40 AM

It seems that if we call a workout it will be a work---out, means do work outside. In this case, the only gym can offer a perfect workout shot for anyone with a proper strategy. I follow home practices for fitness but they are not so impressive, may be a because of my diet plan. But I Always prefer to say GYM.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#65 Old 06-29-2017, 06:08 PM
Veggie Regular

I remember a rule I learned in Photography class. The best camera in the world is the one that you have with you. I guess the corollary would be something like, if you own the best camera in the world, its still worthless, if you leave it at home.

So the best workout, is the one you do. For some people, a gym membership helps them workout. Maybe its the social aspect. or that they spent good money on their membership and don't want to waste it. Or maybe they are creatures of habit and if they get into the habit of always going to they gym on _____ they always go to the gym on _____.

But for others the home workout is the best workout. You get up or get home and you just do it. Maybe there are less excuses. or maybe its the connivence.

anyway, just choose which would work best for you and Just Do It.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page