New P90X/Insanity/Crazy-stuff-like-that Support Thread (starting in April/May) - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 04-07-2012, 04:52 AM
Veggie Regular

Someone suggested I start a new thread since the old one is titled "starting May 17th"... of last year, or two years ago or something.

So I'm planning to start P90X next week, anyone with me?

I'll be doing the Lean version, starting on Tuesday.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 04-10-2012, 07:39 AM

I've done them all. You can't go wrong with HIIT training. I do a version of that 4 times a week that i made up on my own, change it out every 6 weeks. I'm also a consultant for 2 of the founding members of beachbody. They try and recruit me/ want me to coach.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Cycle - Run - Train - Live - Vegan
#3 Old 04-11-2012, 11:21 AM
Veggie Regular

Nice! Sounds like you're a pro.

I've finished day two. Tomorrow is fine, but I'm doing at least 6 hours of walking on Friday so I'm not going to do the Yoga video, and because I'm traveling a couple days after that I'm not promising myself I'll do the workouts those days, as long as I do SOMETHING active - which I definitely will. I'm not worried about perfection on this, as long as I stick to it overall and do well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 04-16-2012, 09:15 AM
Veggie Regular

Swapped the Thursday and Friday DVDs for 2.5 hours and 7 hours of walking respectively, and wasn't as active on Saturday as I had hoped but wasn't inactive, either. On Sunday, though, I woke up super sick (out both ends, hooray! ), so I didn't do anything. Today was supposed to be my rest day anyway. Not sure I'll be able to do anything tomorrow, either, though. Feeling much better - just drained - but idiot me thought those long walks were the perfect way to break in hiking sandals... and now I've got blisters so bad on both feet I can't walk properly. So running and jumping is not in the cards until they heal... Hopefully that'll be within a couple days and I can get back to it.
#5 Old 04-20-2012, 01:59 PM

I'm going to join in on this. I did about 2 months of p90x back in 2010, I think, and quit when my marathon training ramped up. I'm going to start on Monday, but I'll be skipping the cardio workouts (other than plyo) since I already run 5-6 days a week and have 3-hour roller derby practices 3 days a week. Last time, I went with the 'lean' program. I think I'll try 'classic' this time for more strength training.
#6 Old 04-20-2012, 10:14 PM
Veggie Regular

I am on my second round of Insanity, currently in week 2. I love
it

May you be held in compassion.
May your pain and sorrow be eased.
May you be at peace.

My Blog: www.allie4animals.wix.com/veganliving
#7 Old 04-23-2012, 08:52 AM

Day 1 complete. I did Chest & Back and Ab Ripper. I kinda slacked a little on the ab ripper, I bruised my tailbone during roller derby practice yesterday. Some of the exercises I could do sitting on a pillow and there were a couple I could only do a few reps of before it started hurting too much.
#8 Old 04-25-2012, 05:02 AM
Veggie Regular

Totally disappeared, sorry. I started, and then got some kind of stomach bug and was out of commission for nearly a week, and then this week I just haven't been able to get myself out of bed on time. Leaving for yet another weekend out of town for a funeral, so I'm planning to restart next Tuesday.
#9 Old 04-25-2012, 09:46 AM

Eeek! Sounds like you're having a rough time. I hope things get better soon.

Days 2 & 3 are done. Plyo yesterday and then Shoulders & Arms and Ab ripper this morning. I downloaded a p90x app for my nook that keeps track of weights and how many reps you've done and checks of each day as you've finished the workout. Pretty cool, last time I didn't keep track of which weights I used and how many reps, so I'll get to see how much I'm improving each week and at the end of the 90 days.
#10 Old 04-25-2012, 10:29 AM
Veggie Regular

Is there a cheap way to come up with P90X type workouts without having to fork over a bunch of money for DVDs?

I just got a Weider 200 Power Tower (still have to put it together, maybe tonight). I'd really like incorporate some workout routines with it.

#11 Old 04-25-2012, 10:37 AM
Veggie Regular

I do not know about this but checkout hulu maybe, I get a few of my workouts off that.

"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."
 Marilyn Monroe
#12 Old 04-25-2012, 11:38 AM
Veggie Regular

I have sort of devised my own thing to do 4 times a week.

Can anyone recommend any additional exercises?

I have:

Squats
Squat Thrusts
Push ups
Crunches
Start jumps
Sit ups

thanks!
#13 Old 04-25-2012, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forster View Post

Is there a cheap way to come up with P90X type workouts without having to fork over a bunch of money for DVDs?

I just got a Weider 200 Power Tower (still have to put it together, maybe tonight). I'd really like incorporate some workout routines with it.

You could probably search online and find a breakdown of each workout. Most of them could be done without the videos.
#14 Old 04-26-2012, 07:47 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forster View Post

I just finished day 11 of Insanity. I love it!

Forster - I feel you on the money situation. I signed up a couple of days ago for a 10 day trial at a fitness video streaming site (Gaiamtv.com) and as long as you cancel BEFORE the 10 days are up, you will definitely not be charged. They don't have P90X but they have Shiva Rea, Jillian Michaels, Kickboxing... I'm not sure if I'll get a subscription since I might just forget to use it, but if I find something I like, it's definitely cheaper than beachbody dvds. The only reason I have Insanity is because a friend was gracious enough to lend it to me. :P

I think I'll just stick with Insanity for now...my mind is too prone to jump to a billion things at once.

EDIT: For another free solution, Bodyrock.tv is amazing.
#15 Old 04-29-2012, 11:52 AM
Veggie Regular

Ok my sister is making me do insanity. Our plan is to reward ourselves with a spa day after we do 60 days. We start tomorrow. Currently, I'm only running 2 miles 2-3 days per week and I'm feeling pretty out of shape. Sis otoh is super fit right now. (I can still swim faster than her though ) will update as things go along.
#16 Old 04-29-2012, 11:55 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by a Balloon a Balloon View Post

I have sort of devised my own thing to do 4 times a week.

Can anyone recommend any additional exercises?

I have:

Squats
Squat Thrusts
Push ups
Crunches
Start jumps
Sit ups

thanks!

Well yeah, get some cardio for your heart and lungs! Run, jumping jacks, swim, bike, aerobics class, cardio kickboxing... I could go on
#17 Old 04-29-2012, 12:08 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElaineV View Post

Well yeah, get some cardio for your heart and lungs! Run, jumping jacks, swim, bike, aerobics class, cardio kickboxing... I could go on

I do lots of cardio generally, football training, jogging, cycling etc. But I agree its important. I wonder what my lung capacity is..... would love to know that.
#18 Old 05-01-2012, 05:20 AM
Veggie Regular

Ok, restarted today. Did the 1st workout of P90X lean, Core Synergistics.
#19 Old 05-01-2012, 08:36 PM
Veggie Regular

Did day two of Insanity. Burned 436 calories. Body hurts.
#20 Old 05-02-2012, 11:52 AM
Veggie Regular

Day two P90X done, Cardio X. Also stretched for half an hour (yesterday, too).
#21 Old 05-02-2012, 06:10 PM
Veggie Regular

Did day 3 of Insanity. During workout burned 373 calories. It was 40 minutes so that's about right. I didn't push as hard as I did on day 2/ made some modifications to exercises ("girls" pushups, for example).
#22 Old 05-03-2012, 11:49 AM
Veggie Regular

Did day 3 of P90X, Shoulders/Arms and Ab Ripper. My weights were really light (it's all I've got) and so I felt like I wasn't doing anything, and after 20 mins I was just so bored I fast forwarded through to the ab section. But I did an eight-minute major cardio routine to make up for it. I know eight minutes doesn't sound like much, but it was hard! 20 sec burpees, 10s rest, 20s mountain climbers, 10s rest, 20s high knees, 10s rest, 20s jumping jacks, 10s rest, then repeat three more times. It's actually pretty hard. Also stretched for half an hour afterwards.

Tomorrow is yoga day, which I'm looking forward to. That's a fun one!
#23 Old 05-05-2012, 12:32 PM
Veggie Regular

Finished week one of Insanity. Only 8 more weeks to go.
Today I burned 400 calories. I had no problem with the first set. But the stuff that goes up and down with push-ups and stuff, that kills me. I take some breaks, modify, etc. I just make sure my heart rate is where it's supposed to be. So far, the only soreness I've had was the morning of day 4. I took a walk and stretched, then the workout was "cardio recovery" so it was more stretching. I felt great after. I was worried about day 5 because that's the day I do this really active playtime with my son (jump on trampolines for an hour) so I thought I wouldn't have enough energy to do both that and my workout. But I pulled through and it was fine. I guess I'm in a little better shape than I thought I was
#24 Old 05-05-2012, 01:26 PM
Veggie Regular

Did Yoga yesterday, and Legs/Back today. Today was also supposed to have the Ab Ripper routine, but I was done, haha. I started it and there was no way, so I stopped. I couldn't even get myself off the floor. Not sure what happened, because my abs are fairly strong already, but oh well. Tomorrow is Kenpo, and then a rest day. I won't be able to do my Tuesday workout (out of town for a conference and won't have access to a DVD player), but if I remember I'll do some cardio on my own in the hotel room.
#25 Old 05-06-2012, 05:06 PM
Veggie Regular

I am going to start Insanity again tomorrow. It has been a while since I've done it.

Dragging hubby along kicking and screaming to do it with me.
#26 Old 05-11-2012, 01:25 AM
Veggie Regular

Still going. Today is yoga day (yay!). Yesterday I swapped Cardio X in for the Shoulders/Arms. I just don't want to do a workout that I find completely boring; what's the point? My main goal right now is cardiovascular and pulmonary strength anyway; I can work more on muscle strength later. I also had the goal of being able to do 20 pushups by the end of the year (and I'm doing lots of pushups for practice!) and the Shoulders/Arms video would help with that, but I'm doubtful I'll reach that goal anyway. Would rather focus on my heart and lungs and get to that later.
#27 Old 05-15-2012, 04:58 AM
Veggie Regular

Week two done, starting week three today.
#28 Old 05-16-2012, 07:41 PM
Veggie Regular

Finished 2nd week. Partway through week 3. Feeling some soreness now. But had improvement!
#29 Old 05-17-2012, 12:07 AM
Veggie Regular

You people are insane.
#30 Old 05-20-2012, 02:21 PM
Veggie Regular

Didn't get through all of week three because of illness but still starting week four.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page