VeggieBoards

VeggieBoards (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/)
-   Physical Fitness (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/34-physical-fitness/)
-   -   Leslie Sansone's Power Walk (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/34-physical-fitness/106077-leslie-sansones-power-walk.html)

shannon1976 11-12-2009 01:23 PM

Anyone doing Leslie Sansone's walk at home aerobics? I was doing this for a while and then I stopped...Trying to get into it again because it was working for me, and I like it that you can choose 1-5 miles and if you wanted to do the walk with weights, with a power band.

GhostUser 11-12-2009 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon1976 View Post

Anyone doing Leslie Sansone's walk at home aerobics? I was doing this for a while and then I stopped...Trying to get into it again because it was working for me, and I like it that you can choose 1-5 miles and if you wanted to do the walk with weights, with a power band.

OMG Yesss.....its been a life saver for me and my awful knees....I can do these at home at my leisure....with no knee pain....a total plus...I have been doing the walking work-outs for years and I love that you can choose between 1-5 miles and there are many differeent dvds with different songs but the same workout....I have used the band, weights, balls,....some are fat burners ect....I love that you can do them w/o the band or weights or whatever....My Mom orginally bought these on VHS from QVC after I had a severe knee issue and i was in rehab/physical therapy for it and thought these would be great at home and she was soo right and I was happy to find her products at best buy and walmart when they needed replacing on dvd or I needed a new band......I am really happy with these products and the results....hippie walking

shannon1976 11-13-2009 08:09 AM

Yeah, I originally had some burned copies (sorry Leslie!) and then bought the 1-5 mile workout. She is awesome and as corny as it sounds, it really does help that she tries to give you more self esteem by saying "yeah that's right!" like she can see you and when she says that it is halfway through you know you can make it through the last part. I wish that I could convince the MIL that she can do these workouts too but she insists that she cannot.

GhostUser 11-13-2009 05:07 PM

my Mom had her hip replaced and slowly got back to walking she can do the mile again and I am happy for her

my fiancees Mom wanted the dvds we bought them for her and she WATCHED them and never used them again.....sheesh!!

Good Luck getting your MIL to use them

I agree she is very motivating....and I like that the people on the tapes are like pals to work out with whenever i want

icepick 11-14-2009 05:40 PM

Does anyone have this one? I'm think about buying it.

5 Mile Fat Burning Walk

http://www.lesliesansonevideos.com/5mile_fatburn.htm

GhostUser 11-14-2009 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icepick View Post

Does anyone have this one? I'm think about buying it.

5 Mile Fat Burning Walk

http://www.lesliesansonevideos.com/5mile_fatburn.htm

yes I have it...I have most of them and I like it alot....even with knee troubles It works great for me

icepick 11-14-2009 07:22 PM

I'm trying to figure out which Leslie Sansone DVD is the most advanced without having to use acessories. I can use a weighted backpack or vest for added resistance.

ficbot 11-14-2009 09:14 PM

Anything from the Walk Slim series is fast, they have intervals with jogging. I like Leslie a lot but I recently pared down and sold some since so many are similar. The ones which are a bit more unique are:

Walk Slim (it has jogging intervals)

5-Mile Fat-Burning Walk (5 one-mile walks, set up so you can do a walk a day)

Walk Strong (two with this name, both have strength intervals alternated with walking)

Walk & Kick (kickboxing intervals alternated with walking)

Walk & Jog (jogging intervals alternated with walking)

Power Walk (much more upper body stuff and uses weighted gloves)

Tori~CL 11-15-2009 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenni-anti-fur View Post

yes I have it...I have most of them and I like it alot....even with knee troubles It works great for me

Question..can you do this in a small space in your house or does it take a lot of room to move?

Elinor 11-22-2009 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tori~CL View Post

Question..can you do this in a small space in your house or does it take a lot of room to move?

Tori, you don't need a lot of room. With some of the tapes you walk forward and back a couple of steps, and in some you do double side steps. If you don't have the room, you just walk in place or do singles.

karenlovessnow 11-22-2009 02:09 PM

I have a few of her tapes and found them to be beneficial, although after a few weeks of listening to her, she starts to get a tad annoying! lol The workout is very good...what you get out of it depends on how much you put into it. But that's the beauty of it...you can adjust the workout according to what kind of a day you are having. On the mornings where I don't get a good night's sleep, I just tone it down a bit.

jenna 11-22-2009 05:01 PM

i've used her stuff for years. i currently only have the 'walk slim' one - 1, 2, 3 and 4 miles and it has a stretch band with it. i'd like to get her other ones.

GhostUser 11-22-2009 09:42 PM

exactly when I am not feeling well or sleepy I just have a slow down day as I call it where I do less or do it slower...