Moon pads? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 10-28-2008, 01:55 PM
Beginner

i went to a heath food store and i saw Moon pads it said that they were reusable pads! thats cool! has nay one used them before? they had 1 pad and 2 inserts for 10.99 and 3 pads and 6 inserts for 32.99... what good for a whole cycle especially if you have a heavy flow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 10-28-2008, 02:23 PM
Veggie Regular

Interesting concept....

I can't stand to use pads though, so if I go eco friendly on the feminine side I will be sticking with the moon cup!

(Still can't stand the sight of my own blood though )

God loved birds, he created trees.
Man loved birds, he created cages.
#3 Old 10-29-2008, 12:06 AM
Veggie Regular

I use re-usable pads, too, but then again, I'm not bothered by the sight or feel of my own blood at all. It makes incredible sense to use them since the average woman will use thousands and thousands of disposables in her life! Plus, they're softer.

I can see how they can be a bit intense for some maybe, since you do have to soak them right before washing. That is quite bloody. But it makes great plant food!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 10-29-2008, 04:48 PM
Veggie Regular

I have a BUNCH of them. I've been using them for nearly three years now. Some of them I bought, and some my mom and I made together. Since it's just terry cloth on the inside of the pads, we used some old handtowels that we cut up. Since I used to have very heavy flows, we made a lot of really thick inserts so I didn't have to worry about soaking through within a minute of standing up. We also made some of them a lot longer for night time use. They weren't at all hard to make.

I LOVE them. I use them all the time. I have some conventional disposable pads for emergencies when I know I won't be able to carry around a bloody pad after changing, but I hate hate hate using that plastic crap. Much prefer feeling soft flannel against myself. I'm also a lot more aware of a smell when I use disposable pads.

Luckily, period blood doesn't seem to freak me out. (I once passed out after cutting my finger while chopping broccoli...a LITTLE cut.)
#5 Old 10-30-2008, 07:07 AM
Veggie Regular

I use a keeper, and have cloth pads I bought off of Etsy that I use as keeper backup, overnight during my period (I sometimes have trouble with the cup shifting at night, somehow, so I just don't use it overnight... I also don't tend to bleed out overnight), and as pantiliners. They are so much more comfortable than the disposables! And really not a lot of trouble. I rinse in cold water and pre-treat with some detergent and throw them in the hamper and then they just go through the wash with everything else on laundry day. I do prefer the darker colored pads though for staining purposes. I really want to start making my own! I need to figure out how to use the sewing machine my friend gave me...

http://megatarian.blogspot.com
#6 Old 11-01-2008, 11:31 AM
Veggie Regular

I have looked at them online, because i would like a thin pantiliner type thing, because I have to wear a pantiliner every day for regular discharge. I just don't like the idea of them wrapping around my panty like they do. Wouldn't that just make it feel thicker? I need something really really thin.
#7 Old 11-01-2008, 11:46 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginaCeltarum View Post

I have looked at them online, because i would like a thin pantiliner type thing, because I have to wear a pantiliner every day for regular discharge. I just don't like the idea of them wrapping around my panty like they do. Wouldn't that just make it feel thicker? I need something really really thin.

I buy from Naturally Natalie's. She sells winged pads and wingless ones.
#8 Old 11-01-2008, 02:55 PM
Veggie Regular

Thanks for the link. I have been thinking of making some myself, which would probably be cheaper, but I don't have a sewing machine here at the dorm. I'm not sure how hand-sewn ones would hold up.
#9 Old 11-01-2008, 03:31 PM
Veggie Regular

I just got an idea! I could make some using material from underwear I don't wear anymore. That way, I know it will feel comfortable.
#10 Old 11-07-2008, 09:51 PM
Veggie Regular

I honestly could not stand the thought of using a reusable pad. Not because it's reusable, just because the ones I tried (I got a free sample one when I first bought a Keeper cup, which I no longer use due to a slight latex allergy) were hugely thick and really uncomfortable.

Also, I have not worn pads since the very first year I started my period. I don't even like disposable ones.
#11 Old 11-07-2008, 11:43 PM
Contributing Member

Here's some links to patterns and directions to make your own. Looks interesting, I might try to make some.

Pads01

Pads02

Pads03

‎"One meal, soon forgotten, in exchange for a whole life." Author Unknown
"Fur is worn by beautiful animals and ugly people"

#12 Old 11-08-2008, 12:28 AM
Veggie Regular

what a great idea!! i might just have to try this out sometime
#13 Old 11-09-2008, 11:44 PM
Veggie Regular

Well I never thought of making my own! How fun would that be?!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page