Hair Loss & Sleep - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 10-04-2008, 10:01 AM
Veggie Regular

So I've been having two odd symptoms lately, and I'd like some opinions on whether I should ask a doctor or if it's nothing.

Firstly, I seem to be losing my hair. I'm only seventeen! A while back I noticed that my hair kept falling into my food... I concluded my hair was just too long, so I cut it short... but nothing has changed. People at school are always picking hair off my clothes, which is extremely embarassing... And my hairbrush is always covered in hair now, which has never been the case in the past. My hair is just everywhere but on my head. And since I have very thin hair already, you can imagine this is disturbing to me!

Secondly, I'm sleeping, a lot. Last night I slept twelve and a half hours, and would have kept sleeping if someone had not woke me up. It seems that no matter how late I sleep in, by seven-eight o'clock I'm ready to pass out. The sleep is sound, too--no waking up, no nightmares... And I rarely wake up anymore if someone doesn't get me up. It's extremely unusual for me. I've always been an insomniac and a fitful sleeper.

My diet probably hasn't been the best lately--I've had very little appetite, I feel like I've been eating a lot of bread just to fill up, but I've been taking a multivitamin. Also, I got off of birth control about a month ago, so I'm not sure if that would affect my body like this.

Opinions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 10-05-2008, 08:54 PM
Veggie Regular

def go to a doc for some simple blood tests...

you could have anemia or thyroid issues, for example.

in the meantime, try to add some more fresh fruits and veggies toyour day. even if its through a smoothie that you can sip all day. you may not be eating enough, in general. have you noticed any weight changes? be sure to report any of this to your doc.

but DEFINATELY go to the doc!
#3 Old 10-06-2008, 06:47 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucidAnne View Post

def go to a doc for some simple blood tests...

you could have anemia or thyroid issues, for example.

in the meantime, try to add some more fresh fruits and veggies toyour day. even if its through a smoothie that you can sip all day. you may not be eating enough, in general. have you noticed any weight changes? be sure to report any of this to your doc.

but DEFINATELY go to the doc!

Weight changes... Uh, yeah. I'm swelling up like a balloon, or it feels like it. I've gained about ten pounds in the last three months, which is a lot for me, as I hover around 105. None of my clothes fit anymoooore.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 10-06-2008, 07:22 PM
Banned

sounds a bit underactive-thyroidy to me too. get ye to the doctors.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page