Odd consistency... of vomit? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 02-27-2008, 07:25 PM
Veggie Regular

Yes, this is a "woman's health issue" because the vomit occurred during menstrual pain, lethargy and nausea. So today, my period started, and like usual, I felt icky. This was about two hours after I had eaten lunch. Eventually I got to the vomiting part, which usually signals the end of the worst. (Funny how that works.)

But this time, the vomit was really dry. As in, the food came up in virtually the same consistency in which it went down. Usually there's some stomach juice or whatever that comes up with it, and it doesn't have a hard time on its way up. This time, I was choking and gagging on the stuff. Toward the end, some of it was liquidy-ish. I thought this was quite odd especially given that I had consumed a decent amount of water--probably 360 ml.--after eating my food. Now, before vomiting I had urinated, but still.

I feel fine now, but I'm wondering what I did differently this time that made my rice/tomato/mango/spinach leftovers return to me in the same condition.

Q: How many poets does it take to change a light bulb? A: 1001...one to change the bulb, 1000 to say it's already been done.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-28-2008, 04:10 AM
Veggie Regular

Just a thought but if you'd drunk a reasonable amount of water, wouldn't this have an affect on the digestive juices and therefore slow down digestion?

Also re sickness, have you ever had this looked into? I'm interested because i also suffer from severe feelings of nasaua around that time, thankfully i've never been sick, though have come close. Just curious as to the cause and what possible solution there is to it.
#3 Old 02-28-2008, 04:49 AM
kat
Veggie Regular

I used to get that on the first day of my period, and once I passed out from the pain! (I had no pain killers in the house) I assumed it just came from my stomach going into a spasm from the pain. Luckily I don't seem to get them anymore, though I was randomly vomited about a week before my last period. Being sick did seem to help calm the pain!

I'm not sure why it would be so chunky, possibly to with how much food had been digested and how long ago. Really not sure! If I knew the problem was coming I would try and avoid food, so it would be liquidy, though most of the time there wasn't that much warning!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 02-28-2008, 08:41 PM
Veggie Regular

well, i vomit quite a bit. haha. so ive run the gamut of types...

if it came up dry, and you are not dehydrated, it might just be that the food didnt even get to your stomach to churn up. often when this is my case, i feel "off" soon after i eat....either too full, or not digested enough, etc...then soon enough, it will come back up like no digestion took place yet at all, even tho it could have been hours later.

sometimes sipping water helps after i eat, but try not to overload the amount of water before or after you eat.
#5 Old 02-28-2008, 09:21 PM
Veggie Regular

Oh that doesn't sound like a fun way to vomit at all. Not that vomiting is ever all that fun, but that just seems like it'd be really uncomfortable!

I got my rags yesterday and I feel awful today. Really headachey and fatigued which is weird. But it could be due to the half-bottle of wine and 2 cigarettes I had last night though I think it's more than that.

I've just been feeling a bit off in general lately :/

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page