The Gripe About Your Period Thread - Page 52 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 7Likes

#1531 Old 08-07-2011, 08:50 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by yally View Post

I was sort of late, but not in any really unusual way (my cycle can be anything up to 42 days), but I was worrying anyway, especially due to lack of any pre menstrual symptoms.

So this morning I sat on the loo and chanted 'period period period' and I have magics and there it was and I was like 'yay!' and now I am all like 'oh god no!'.

That's exactly how I was last week!! I have been tracking my period on Femilia.com for 2+ years and my cycle has never been longer than 33 days. It was the 35th day with no symptoms and I was seriously starting to panic.
But I got it and I literally almost cried in the bathroom
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#1532 Old 08-08-2011, 01:32 AM
Veggie Regular

i have a "horror movie" in my pants this month....

its terrible, havent been this sick in awhile, started with being late and feeling like vomiting for a week then it arrive with a bang and i have been curled up in a ball of the pain.

better today but hell!!! looking forward to getting pregnant and not having to deal with periods for awhile.
#1533 Old 08-08-2011, 01:51 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasandra View Post

looking forward to getting pregnant and not having to deal with periods for awhile.

Hate to break it to you, but being pregnant isn't easier than having periods. Just ask my sister, who's been sick non-stop for the last 9 weeks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#1534 Old 08-08-2011, 02:01 AM
Veggie Regular

i will deal with it when it happens but for now, being pregnant is my happy place...
#1535 Old 08-08-2011, 04:35 AM
Veggie Regular

what do you guys do for the pain? lately I find that pain pills makes my stomach burn, and I do eat a good meal before I take them.

anyway to deal with the pain without taking pain pills?
#1536 Old 08-08-2011, 12:38 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:

i will deal with it when it happens but for now, being pregnant is my happy place...

Hopefully you have an easy pregnancy. Maybe that's why my oldest sister keeps having more kids, her pregnancies are easy

Quote:

what do you guys do for the pain? lately I find that pain pills makes my stomach burn, and I do eat a good meal before I take them.

What kind of pain pills do you take? Advil?
#1537 Old 08-08-2011, 12:56 PM
Banned

Quote:

I can't take anything, unfortunately. I can't take Advil I can't take with my kidney disease, and I can take Tylenol but Tylenol doesn't work at all, not even the extra strength or whatever that one's called. I'm not sure if there's any other pills that are good for cramps and things, but it'd be a huge hassle to find any that I can take, because I always have to call my kidney doctor who has weird hours and fills them all up with back-to-back appointments, so I have to make an appointment and drive two hours (if there's no traffic) just to ask about one medicine.
#1538 Old 08-08-2011, 09:08 PM
Veggie Regular

my boobs hurt!

is that tmi?
#1539 Old 08-08-2011, 09:09 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney.jessica View Post

I can't take anything, unfortunately. I can't take Advil I can't take with my kidney disease, and I can take Tylenol but Tylenol doesn't work at all, not even the extra strength or whatever that one's called. I'm not sure if there's any other pills that are good for cramps and things, but it'd be a huge hassle to find any that I can take, because I always have to call my kidney doctor who has weird hours and fills them all up with back-to-back appointments, so I have to make an appointment and drive two hours (if there's no traffic) just to ask about one medicine.

i find putting my warm laptop on my torso works well. it stays hot and eases the pain. i always lay flat on my back. it also creates a great excuse to spend time on VB all day
#1540 Old 08-09-2011, 12:12 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkgarden View Post

my boobs hurt!

is that tmi?

Nah, girly thread, that's perfectly okay.
#1541 Old 08-09-2011, 12:30 PM
Veggie Regular

Lol well they do. And it's not even time yet. Damn thing takes over the whole month, not just a week. And I don't even want any babies!
#1542 Old 08-12-2011, 09:39 PM
Veggie Regular

hey gals,

hope everyone is feeling better today.....I am not feeling a bit crappy and pms-ed out....feeling moody and sad and weepy....and then the next minute all angry and everyone is annoying me....hehe.....

Peace

LOud & PRoud Veggie-Tari-Jenn~~(KNOT)~~ Vegan and NEVER Will Be.
Be Cents-able...Use Coupons!!~~PEace, LOVe & Beautiful COLORFUL RAinbows!!
#1543 Old 08-12-2011, 09:57 PM
Veggie Regular

mine is about to start and i've felt like crap all day. headache, cramps, and i've been a huge *****. here's to hoping tomorrow is better.
#1544 Old 08-17-2011, 09:37 PM
Banned

Got my period my first day of school. Got it the morning of the first day, in the middle of the night, but I wasn't awake so I found out in the morning and it wasn't the way I wanted to start my day, I was so upset and felt sick and was stressed about leaking on my clothes. Since Monday my back has also been really awfully aching, and I have really bad cravings for Jack in the Box milkshakes, Disneyland fudge, tub of redvines, and all sorts of junk food, most of them unvegan anyways I've been in an awful mood, too, especially about walking home from school in 101 degree weather for an hour when everything hurts, especially my back. Ugh I'm such a whiner today!
#1545 Old 08-18-2011, 11:46 AM
Veggie Regular

^Aww that sucks, I'm sorry. It always comes at the most inconvenient times!

I feel sicky today.

Misanthrope seeks misanthrope.
#1546 Old 08-18-2011, 12:01 PM
Veggie Regular

I was supposed to start mine today but I haven't yet. I don't even have any symptoms at all. (I'm can't be pregnant so it's not that.)
#1547 Old 08-18-2011, 06:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixie View Post

I was supposed to start mine today but I haven't yet. I don't even have any symptoms at all. (I'm can't be pregnant so it's not that.)

Lol, be grateful! I love when that happens. For the first two years of my period I couldn't track it or anything, but I never had any symptoms at all, not even the lightest of cramps or anything. Now I get awful symptoms but once in a while I'll get ones with either no symptoms at all, or only light cramping a few hours before it starts.

Anyways, I think my backaches that started with this period are just dehydration from walking home when it's been 100 degrees. It hurts in my lower back, but near my kidneys. Last period, I had some backaches for the first time, but they were more of wanting to sit or lay down all the day aches, while right now I have intense pain walking, lying, sitting, I just want to be asleep all the time, and even then I've been waking up from the pain if I move at all in my sleep, and my sleeping charts are showing I was going into lightest sleep state for ten or twenty minutes, waking up, falling asleep again, waking up, and it repeats all night and I do remember a few times of waking up from my back aching. I have that kidney disease that can get really bad if I get dehydrated at all so I know that must be it, so I'll just have to drink even more water than right now and hope I get better over the weekend, when I don't walk home. My period is probably just making the backaches worse, and my stomach aches, too, so I just want to be asleep all the time.
#1548 Old 08-22-2011, 01:51 AM
Veggie Regular

Ugh, it feels like there's something sharp in my side, and it hurts to move. Stress makes it worse, and I'm pretty sure my constant crying last week was stress + PMS. And I'm not even supposed to have it for another week!

Did you write the book of love, and do you have faith in God above,
If the Bible tells you so? Do you believe in rock Ân roll,
Can music save your mortal soul, And can you teach me how to dance real slow?
#1549 Old 08-22-2011, 07:26 AM
Banned

Painkillers have finally kicked in..

I think I might be able to start moving now...
#1550 Old 08-22-2011, 07:30 AM
Veggie Regular

Mine faked me out this weekend. Funny how wearing a swimsuit seems to make the blood flow.

I guess it was just spotting. Hopefully it will come soon, my PMS was HORRIBLE the last few weeks. I might inquire about the pill (yeah, its that bad).

"you know, nowhere in the bible does it say that jesus was not a raptor"

www.animal-adoptions.org

#1551 Old 08-22-2011, 11:25 AM
Super Moderator

Thank you period app, you were very accurate on your period due date. I worked out right before I started and I've had no symptoms leading up to my period. If I didn't have the app, I wouldn't have even known it was coming (extremely rare for me).
#1552 Old 08-22-2011, 12:47 PM

Thank you Diva Cup. It's almost like it never happened!

I'm sensitive, & I'd like to stay that way ~JK~
#1553 Old 08-23-2011, 11:00 AM
Veggie Regular

Hate it!

"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."
 Marilyn Monroe
#1554 Old 08-23-2011, 11:03 AM
Veggie Regular

Still. Spotting. ANNOYING!!!

I think if I had a period app on my phone I would just confuse it and make my phone explode with my irregularities. I'm seriously considering the pill now. Anyone else here on it?

www.animal-adoptions.org

#1555 Old 08-23-2011, 11:08 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by izjustagirl View Post

Thank you Diva Cup. It's almost like it never happened!

One of my friends has something similar and she loves it so much, she posts FB statuses about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post

Still. Spotting. ANNOYING!!!

I think if I had a period app on my phone I would just confuse it and make my phone explode with my irregularities. I'm seriously considering the pill now. Anyone else here on it?

I've been on it in the past, it just didn't work for my body (not talking about period regulation, I mean it made me moody and killed my sex drive). As for period regulation, it's wonderful. But if you have a pre-existing condition, it might not work. Have you talked to your doctor?
#1556 Old 08-23-2011, 11:13 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by danakscully64 View Post

I've been on it in the past, it just didn't work for my body (not talking about period regulation, I mean it made me moody and killed my sex drive). As for period regulation, it's wonderful. But if you have a pre-existing condition, it might not work. Have you talked to your doctor?

I'm seeing my dr's Thursday and Friday. I really want something that will help with the HORRIBLE PMS/PMDD symptoms that I never fail to get a week or 2 before my period. I'm horribly moody (WITH mood/anxiety medications), anxious, and a lot of my ED problems get worse. Its really starting to bother me. As soon as I start bleeding, it stops and I'm happy again. I thought maybe the pill would even out my hormones and even out my monthly mood roller coasters.

My doctor was wary of putting me on it in the past because of my weight. I don't think that's an issue now.

www.animal-adoptions.org

#1557 Old 08-23-2011, 11:15 AM
Super Moderator

It wouldn't hurt to try! If my symptoms were that bad, I'd be on the Pill.
#1558 Old 08-23-2011, 12:33 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by danakscully64 View Post

It wouldn't hurt to try! If my symptoms were that bad, I'd be on the Pill.

I'm definitely going to ask about it this week. I was on Ortho-tri-cyclen from the ages of 14 to 17 for ammenorhea and all I remember is getting horrible nausea. But now they make the lo-dose ones so maybe that won't be a problem anymore.

www.animal-adoptions.org

#1559 Old 08-23-2011, 01:22 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post

I'm definitely going to ask about it this week. I was on Ortho-tri-cyclen from the ages of 14 to 17 for ammenorhea and all I remember is getting horrible nausea. But now they make the lo-dose ones so maybe that won't be a problem anymore.

And if you're on one that is giving you horrible symptoms lasting longer than a month or two, don't be afraid to switch formulas. Not all BC pills are equal. Also, be very careful about doctors mindlessly writing prescriptions. A few times I told my doctor to switch me, only for him to write a prescription for the exact same formula under another name
#1560 Old 08-23-2011, 03:01 PM
Veggie Regular

Not in AS much pain as I am normally in, strange but good. I am at a normal level of annoyance not horrible, I feel like I will die pain.

"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."
 Marilyn Monroe

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page