Are bras needed?. - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 12-26-2007, 08:23 PM
Veggie Regular

I was browsing the thread on bras and wondering, because I don't wear bras*.

I don't own any regular bras and never have. I do not even know what size my "udders" are..

I don't have any philosophy reason to object to wearing bras, I just somehow never got into it and kept wearing undershirts.

They do look uncomfortable with those narrow "biting" straps, a hassle to get dressed with and take off.

*I have a couple of sports bras that I used to wear when I was into weight lifting. Since I'm weight lifting again, think I'll dig them out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-26-2007, 08:25 PM
Beginner

Um, necessary or not, I think they are much more comfortable than going without. It might depend on what shape your boobs are, though.
#3 Old 12-26-2007, 08:28 PM
Veggie Regular

I am more comfortable in a bra than not. It does take a while to find a good bra that fits well though. I also have large breasts. If I had small breasts I might be more comfortable going out without one.

http://megatarian.blogspot.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 12-26-2007, 08:29 PM
Veggie Regular

I personally feel it's necessary to wear a bra most of the time I'm not home. I certainly always wear them when giving a massage!

"Yes! Live! Life's a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" Auntie Mame
#5 Old 12-26-2007, 08:31 PM
Veggie Regular

My doc said mine were big for my size/weight...whatever that means.

It helps me do better massages, I'd sure try them for that reason. Always trying to give the best massage I can.
#6 Old 12-26-2007, 08:37 PM
Veggie Regular

You have large breasts and don't wear a bra while massaging clients?

So, you give free massages and do not wear bras but are busty for your size/weight according to your doctor.

Eclipse, you are a very unusual person!

"Yes! Live! Life's a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" Auntie Mame
#7 Old 12-26-2007, 08:45 PM
Veggie Regular

Umm yes?....I suppose it comes from what one is used to.
#8 Old 12-26-2007, 08:46 PM
Veggie Regular

I have pretty large breasts and feel uncomfortable when I''m not home if Im not wearing one. I'm not a big fan of my nipples sticking out either.
#9 Old 12-26-2007, 08:47 PM
Veggie Regular

Better massage while not wearing a bra.... Hmmm that is interesting!
#10 Old 12-26-2007, 08:49 PM
Veggie Regular

:boing boing boing boing boing boing:

i bounce a lot when i don't wear a bra but if i am home i don't wear one that's for sure. also i might sometimes just throw on a tee and run to the store or something without a bra. i don't always feel udderly compelled to wear one hehe
#11 Old 12-26-2007, 08:52 PM
Veggie Regular

I dont exactly have huge tits, but things like going up and down stairs without a bra is uncomfortable!

ive never got why women sleep in them though
#12 Old 12-26-2007, 09:03 PM
Veggie Regular

If all my bras are dirty, I can get away with a camisole underneath a shirt.

Then again, I wear a wire-less A cup.

"you know, nowhere in the bible does it say that jesus was not a raptor"

www.animal-adoptions.org

#13 Old 12-26-2007, 09:32 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse View Post

Umm yes?....I suppose it comes from what one is used to.

I suppose so.

When I was in massage school (and even now when I take continuing ed and when I teach massage to beginning students especially), both men and women were required to wear undergarments. We had to sign a contract that agreed to that, amongst other things. It's actually a requirement of licensing here too.

#14 Old 12-26-2007, 09:45 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savannah View Post

:boing boing boing boing boing boing:

i bounce a lot when i don't wear a bra but if i am home i don't wear one that's for sure. also i might sometimes just throw on a tee and run to the store or something without a bra. i don't always feel udderly compelled to wear one hehe

lol. was the pun ("udderly") intentional??

as for me, i always wear a bra when going out, even though I have tiny boobs. its not physically uncomfortable not to wear one but i feel accustomed to it for some reason.
#15 Old 12-26-2007, 10:20 PM
Veggie Regular

<--- Never ever ever is without a bra...unless something 'fun' is happening.

Sorry, I'm scared to death of saggage...

I've seen pics of women who live shirtless in third world countries...and thiers look like fried eggs handing from a nail.

I was cursed/blessed with d-cups, and they were 'perky' until my friends and I all got our nipples pierced on a whim... ...I went the whole weekend without a bra, and my boobs have never been the same since.

I figure, as long as thier held up, there's not much stretching on the skin.

Give thanks to Mother Earth for Her greatest gift...

...gravity.

For without it, we would be lost.
#16 Old 12-26-2007, 11:02 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelyPerv View Post

I've seen pics of women who live shirtless in third world countries...and thiers look like fried eggs handing from a nail.

Hehe, those pics were probably taken in more rural areas. I live in a third world country, and if you go out without a bra and it's obvious, people will definitely stare at you. I'm only without a bra when I'm sleeping.

"May all that have life be delivered from suffering."
~ Buddha
#17 Old 12-26-2007, 11:46 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm somewhat small, so I can sometimes manage without a bra if I'm wearing a tight tank top underneath a sweatshirt or something. Otherwise I always wear a bra when out. My nipples tend to get pointy and I don't want them to be obvious to everyone!

It's not in what you say, it's in what you do (Oasis)

Feeling bored? Why don't you wander over to my blog sometime. http://thebohemiankitchen.wordpress.com
#18 Old 12-27-2007, 12:01 AM
Kiz
Veggie Regular

I have C cups and usually wear bras when I am doing something active. They are not huge but it's just more comfortable for me than the bounce. I usually go braless when I am slothing at home. Can't see anything wrong with going braless if you are comfy with that. I personally hate undies (knickers, panties) and don't wear them if I can get away with it. I'm terrible for going commando, do it all the time.

Love the post? Why not buy the T-shirt!
http://www.kiz-shop.de/index.php?page=categorie&cat=8
http://www.kiz-shop.de/index.php?page=product&info=94
#19 Old 12-27-2007, 12:02 AM
Kiz
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by *AHIMSA* View Post

I suppose so.

When I was in massage school (and even now when I take continuing ed and when I teach massage to beginning students especially), both men and women were required to wear undergarments. We had to sign a contract that agreed to that, amongst other things. It's actually a requirement of licensing here too.

That is very peculiar. Who cares but the person who's body it is if they have undies and a bra? And how did they know? Did they lift up your skirt and check or something? Some good,-quality T-shirt bras don't show, may as well be bra-less with a perky pair for all it looks like from the outside.

#20 Old 12-27-2007, 12:19 AM
Banned

I love bras! But then again, I love undergarments (bras, panties, stockings, socks, lingerie). I wear them to bed a lot as well but they aren't the same ones I wear during the day, they are softer and not as cleavage-inducing. Not wearing a bra when you have large breasts can create a major wardrobe malfunction, imo, since they usually sag (even implants can sag) and don't fill out tops well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiz View Post

I personally hate undies (knickers, panties) and don't wear them if I can get away with it. I'm terrible for going commando, do it all the time.

I am the same way. I love frilly panties and wear those at home or with skirts but I am comfortable going without as well. And I can't wear normal panties with pants...either thongs or commando. I despise panty lines.
#21 Old 12-27-2007, 12:28 AM
Veggie Regular

(in regards to above posts about going panty-less)

I've only gone commando once...actually it was about four days straight. All of mine were dirty, and I hadn't realized that half of them were stolen at the laudramat...

I didn't really mind it, in fact I thought about doing it more often...but at the end of the four days I wound up with a bladder infection...and just assumed that it was the rubbing of my pants seams that caused it.

Anyone else had that problem?

Perhaps I'll try it again...

Give thanks to Mother Earth for Her greatest gift...

...gravity.

For without it, we would be lost.
#22 Old 12-27-2007, 12:33 AM
Veggie Regular

I always end up feeling sore when all my bras are in the wash. And I don't go out without one 'cause they bounce with every step, and not in a fun way.

And for the sake of accuracy, I'm a 36 D. Not the biggest girl I know, but enough to wish they were smaller.
#23 Old 12-27-2007, 12:49 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiz View Post

That is very peculiar. Who cares but the person who's body it is if they have undies and a bra? And how did they know? Did they lift up your skirt and check or something? Some good,-quality T-shirt bras don't show, may as well be bra-less with a perky pair for all it looks like from the outside.

I agree that there are all sorts o rules and legislations that are in place that are peculiar.

In this case, the wearing an undershirt/bra thing makes a lot of sense to me though. Bodywork is a field that requires close contact between bodies. It's a profession that already has a questionable reputation. Customers don't need to have the therapists' nipples staring out at them or have breasts bouncing around before, during or after their treatment to distract them or give them the wrong idea.

#24 Old 12-27-2007, 12:52 AM
Kiz
Veggie Regular

Well, yes, I'd be wearing undies too. I'm just curious how they enforce the regulations.

#25 Old 12-27-2007, 06:56 AM
Veggie Regular

I wish mine were smaller so I could go braless when I'm out. I don't like bras all that much. I wear one when I'm out and about, while exercising and if we have company over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelyPerv View Post

Some of them are, yeah. I actually was watching a show on Discovery a day or two ago and this one tribe has very active women. They are in really good shape and though gravitits are in effect, it's not as much as lots of the other tribes I've seen. I guess from them working the muscles behind the breast.
#26 Old 12-27-2007, 07:04 AM
Veggie Regular

I suppose it depends on size and saggage issues. I'm a DD and there's just no possible way I could go bra free without taking out people around me...lol.

Lynn

https://www.facebook.com/vigilant20

https://www.facebook.com/FrugalVegetarianRecipes

#27 Old 12-27-2007, 07:22 AM
Veggie Regular

I am not comfortable at all walking around without a bra on. I might end up slapping someone in the face if I didn't wear a bra!
#28 Old 12-27-2007, 07:29 AM

I'm just a 32D and the only time I'm comfortable without a bra is when I'm in bed. I can't imagine trying to run for a bus or something without one, ouchy.
#29 Old 12-27-2007, 08:02 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggplant View Post

I am not comfortable at all walking around without a bra on. I might end up slapping someone in the face if I didn't wear a bra!

I feel the same way. I almost always wear a bra... except for at night when I sleep and sometimes when I lounge around in my pajamas in the morning.
#30 Old 12-27-2007, 08:10 AM
Veggie Regular

you wear one when you bathe?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page