Pms is... - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 03-15-2007, 07:41 PM
Veggie Regular

hell. and this is a thread where us women can vent and rant and b**** and moan about it because god knows we need and deserve it during that certain time.

like today. i polished off a lot of soy ice cream and now weigh 5 pounds heavier than i did earlier in the day. roarrrr
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-15-2007, 08:10 PM
Veggie Regular

sneaky. Sometimes it gives me no warning and suddenly explodes in tears and shrieking at some sappy commercial before a movie, other times it doesn't show up at all, but I have to avoid all potential tearful situations just in case...
#3 Old 03-15-2007, 11:00 PM
Veggie Regular

Tiring, i've been extremely tired all week and hungry. All I want to do is sleep and sleep but for the life of me I can't. I also feel like crying for no apparent reason and watching movies that are romantic or sad makes me cry even more. I also feel like a hippo (no offense to the hippos but they are naturally big )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 03-15-2007, 11:00 PM

.... my license to eat as much cake or cookies as I want and not really care about what a glutton I'm being.
#5 Old 03-16-2007, 09:17 AM
Veggie Regular

exhausting. I always need a lot more sleep when I'm pmsing.
#6 Old 03-23-2007, 09:31 PM
Veggie Regular

frustrating and nauseating! My workouts are lousy (I can run as much as 30 sec/mile slower and it feels like I'm running through quicksand), my appetite disappears and frequently I'm sick to my stomach when I do eat, and sometimes I even get...errr...the runs. Thankfully it only lasts a day, usually. And I'm another one who is apt to get tearful.
#7 Old 03-25-2007, 08:21 PM
Veggie Regular

so horrible that you count down the days until you're in your 50's and don't have to worry about it every again.
#8 Old 03-25-2007, 09:44 PM
Veggie Regular

...uncontrollable chocolate cravings.... tearing up at reality tv shows and commercials....not being able to take a little bit of constructive critisicm.... going up a half size due to bloating...the way my boyfriend knows when I am about the get my period.

http://bringingyouohm.wordpress.com/

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavanto

'May everyone everywhere be happy
May the whole world be joyous'
#9 Old 03-25-2007, 11:17 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaali View Post

.... my license to eat as much cake or cookies as I want and not really care about what a glutton I'm being.

Same here. Except with fried food and salty, crunchy snacks.

PMS is usually when I make some beer batter and fry up some garlic-herb tofu!
#10 Old 03-26-2007, 01:54 PM
Veggie Regular

this reminded me of a badge i have that says - PMS: PUNISH MEN SEVERELY.

i'm not really a feminist by any means but it's quite funny i think.
#11 Old 03-26-2007, 02:12 PM
Veggie Regular

...here now, and coupled with a cold that won't go away is HELL!!
#12 Old 03-26-2007, 02:49 PM
Veggie Regular

...becoming less and less of a problem for me the more raw I eat.
#13 Old 03-26-2007, 06:50 PM

...reminding me that I should go back to a high raw diet.
#14 Old 03-27-2007, 07:56 AM

PMS makes me into such a monster. I'm a bloated, irritable, emotional, cramping mess.

Not to mention I turn into a vacuum because of my ravenous hunger. I'll eat everything in sight. I disgust myself sometimes
#15 Old 03-27-2007, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyper Tomatoes View Post

Not to mention I turn into a vacuum because of my ravenous hunger. I'll eat everything in sight. I disgust myself sometimes

I can relate. I just ate an entire family-sized bag of potato chips.
#16 Old 03-27-2007, 08:24 PM

PMS is.............horrifying for all involved :P I get the worst mood swings, I crave chocolate 24/7, I get really snappy over nothing, and stupid things upset me. Its so bad my doctor actually asked if I wanted to go on antidepressants for the mood swings I said no. I want to learn to deal with it without the drugs.
#17 Old 03-28-2007, 02:14 PM
Super Moderator

I just read in Women's Health magazine that a few days before your period (and i'm guessing through your period), you can weigh up to 5 pounds heavier. Your body retains water I hate the bloat feeling.

I've heard from many people that PMS doesn't exist... I don't know about that... i don't really experience. Because of hormone changes, I'm more likely to cry, but that's it. :P
#18 Old 04-02-2007, 03:44 AM
Veggie Regular

I dont think I know what PMS is =/ At least I cant relate to these descriptions..Oh well, Im lucky I guess!
#19 Old 04-02-2007, 09:03 AM
Beginner

Salty and Sweet. I want chocolate covered pretzels. From Ben and Jerrys "Chubby Hubby!" I can eat that whole thing in one sitting when I'm on my period.

I also get very short with my boyfriend.
#20 Old 04-02-2007, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by criticizedveggi View Post

I also get very short with my boyfriend.

I'm the same way - my BF wants to cuddle and smooch and get frisky. But I'm fat and bloated and just want to be left alone with my bag of chips and pint of ice cream
#21 Old 04-02-2007, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyper Tomatoes View Post

I'm the same way - my BF wants to cuddle and smooch and get frisky. But I'm fat and bloated and just want to be left alone with my bag of chips and pint of ice cream

!!!
#22 Old 04-07-2007, 01:19 PM
Veggie Regular

So I actually read up on this the other day and it is a real syndrome so not all women get it. Lots do but lots more don't. I'd like to know where they're hiding :-)

Anyway, I hate it! I get bloated, super exhausted, craving all sorts of chips and sweets (like cheetos, mmmm) and I have horrible mood swings, mostly just angry though. I get so extremely angry sometimes and it just comes from out of nowhere I think my hubby thinks I hate him.
#23 Old 04-07-2007, 02:20 PM

PMS is probably the worse thing I have ever experienced and it only gets worse with age. I am sooo moody, cry, anger...FAT, insomniac. I think that the insomnia is the absolute killer...you are so tired but CAN'T sleep

And the eating?!?!?! OMG! That's all I do!! They need a cure for this evilness!!!
#24 Old 04-07-2007, 02:55 PM
Veggie Regular

I get cramps but they're alright. I just find it funny that I mentioned to my girlfriend I don't get moodswings during PMS and she looked at me like I had gone a little bit insane and went

: "You DO!"

I was like "oh".
#25 Old 04-07-2007, 03:50 PM
Veggie Regular

...not an issue when you're 55!!
#26 Old 04-07-2007, 04:36 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by isowish View Post

I get cramps but they're alright. I just find it funny that I mentioned to my girlfriend I don't get moodswings during PMS and she looked at me like I had gone a little bit insane and went

: "You DO!"

I was like "oh".

That's what (girl)friends are for, I guess.
#27 Old 04-10-2007, 02:15 AM
Banned

Not an issue at 57, but I do remember I would tremble a lot and drop things. Mood swings, and be overly sensitive about everything.
#28 Old 04-10-2007, 04:37 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tROPICALgIRL View Post

PMS is probably the worse thing I have ever experienced... They need a cure for this evilness!!!

Aghhh! I hate PMSing... mine varies from month to month. Somewhere (don't remember exactly where though) I read that different symptoms come from excesses of either estrogen or progesterone (sp). Right now I'm an emotional wreck and my period is late (probably due to my new veganess ). Normally I can tell when the little devil is going to come because I get achy, bloaty, angry, and crampy about a week before, but my only sign is my random bursts of tears, ie twice at the Clapton concert... for no apparent reason! Gah!

The sweets are definitely killer. I don't eat these anymore, but has anyone ever tried Cheetos and chocolate pudding?
#29 Old 04-10-2007, 04:54 PM
Veggie Regular

I usually don't get cramps (yay) but I get sooo moody and emotional. I cry for every little thing, especially songs I really like. I'm apt to cry atleast 3 times a day while pmsing.

Definately not a good time to watch sad movies like Hotel Rwanda or The Notebook!
#30 Old 04-10-2007, 06:31 PM

Ack! Period, period, period. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

*rant rant rant complain complain complain*

I feel like ****.

I'm tired and moany and weepy and I feel like everybody's being a jerk.

:[

yeah, I'm done with my ranting.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page