Hair..Growth...Pills?! - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 03-18-2006, 11:59 PM
Veggie Regular

I cut my hair really short, I want it to grow longer but my hair grows like, really slow.

so i found this site that said that "Sea Kelp Pills"? help your hair grow really fast, that it works for 12 weeks and then your hair grows normally agian.

has anyone tried this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-19-2006, 11:47 PM

No, and it sounds like bunk. jmho. Average hair growth is about a half inch per month give or take.

Although some swear that prenatal vitamins can help...
#3 Old 03-30-2006, 10:40 PM

Biotin. You can get pills - I think there are animal sources but I know Swiss Chard contains Biotin. I'm sure there are other veggie sources...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 03-30-2006, 11:49 PM

Nexxus sells biotin. The Vita - Tress shampoo and spray conditioner, biotin oil, and the pills.
#5 Old 04-01-2006, 01:54 AM
Veggie Regular

MSM-- dietary Sulpher also found in cruciform vegitables (but not in significant amounts) is great for hair growth, strong nails, great skin. I was taking a glucosamine/chondroiten/MSM becasue of arthritis and I had injured my cartelage (not vegan by the way) and started to feel better. I read about their sources and what they were for, and the MSM seemed amazing. My hair was nearly falling out last year-- coming out in big chunks (serious). Now it is re-growing thicker and seems faster, my skin has cleared up (mainly) and looks much younger. Sulfer (MSM) is important for collegen building, wound healing, and a lot of other important cellular functions and is also an anti imflammitory-- from my experience, It takes at least a half a year to really show. I am also eating a lot more cabbage and food with sulpher in it.
#6 Old 04-01-2006, 04:06 AM
Veggie Regular

My daughter takes biotin and she has great hair. Not sure whether or not it grows faster. I'm going to look into this MSM....very interesting!
#7 Old 04-04-2006, 03:27 PM
Veggie Regular

My mom takes biotin to make her nails grow faster because she has one fungus toe (long story) Since being on biotin my mom's nails are as hard as rocks and she said her hair is a lot thicker and healthier. Her pills are vegetarian formulated so i say its a safe bet!
#8 Old 04-08-2006, 01:54 AM
Veggie Regular

i'd look into it more before taking anything if i were you. look into side affects, drug interactions as well as evidence that it really works. seems silly to risk your health or waste your money by ordering some mystery wonderpill online or something like that, just to have longer hair.

my suggestion: go to a good hairstylist, have them reshape your style regularly as it grows out so you don't have the yucky in between stage, and ask them to show you different ways to style it at the current length. find a style that suits you and learn to like it til it grows out on its own.

I'm singin' here to get rid of fear
Hope it disappears right here with the rain
But I know life is pain, not like a fairytale
Meaningless to pray, so just goin' on my way
~Miyavi "Torture"
#9 Old 04-08-2006, 06:08 PM
Veggie Regular

There's a vegan joint health supplement which contains glucosamine, MSM, and CMO, if you want to try MSM. I took it for a month and it helped my knees.

http://www.veganessentials.com/catal...mo-by-deva.htm

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page