Hormones/clumsiness - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 03-15-2006, 05:45 PM

Do any of you feel like your hormonal fluctuations influence your level of clumsiness? Now, I'm not the picture of grace at any given time, but I usually keep myself from harm. I've noticed over the past few months that there are always a couple of days where I can't seem to walk and chew gum at the same time.

In the past three days, I've burnt myself with a curling iron, somehow managed to slightly sprain my wrist while goofing with the kiddos, walked into a closing subway gate (which hurt like hell), nearly killed myself trying out a new machine at the gym, and walked right into a stranger on the sidewalk.

Der.

<<<prays she lives until tomorrow

The ones I pity are the ones who never stick out their neck for something they believe, never know the taste of moral struggle, and never have the thrill of victory. - Jonathan Kozol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-15-2006, 07:38 PM
Veggie Regular

Oh good, I thought it was just me. Now that you mention it, I notice that around the time of month I usually feel kinda drowsy... but in a dopey "I took too much benadryl" kind of way, rather than feeling plain old tired and fatigued. And that definitely pushes my clumsiness to the next level. On top of it, I'm EXTRA irritable... I'm like a bubbling volcano some days. So take an already b*tchy me, add some drop-the-same-thing-6-times-in-a-row, plus some stub-my-toe and a dash of bump-into-whoever's-behind me and you've got the perfect recipe for the most annoying, stressful week ever! I swear, it's like a one-man 3 Stooges act (for anyone watching... certainly not for me!) It's like... damn, I hurt my hand! Ow, I bit my tounge when I was saying "damn"! Aw man, biting my tongue caused me to drop this glass and shatter it everywhere! Crap! I just stepped on the broken glass and now there's blood on the floor and my foot is going to fall off! Argh! I knocked over the chair while stumbling around in pain! and so on.... hmph!
#3 Old 03-15-2006, 09:19 PM

I have heard other women say this is true for them, but I'm not sure for me. Mostly because I'm pretty much a spaz all month long.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 03-20-2006, 01:44 AM
Veggie Regular

i've heard this before... supposedly right before a period and when you first become pregnant, you have a day or 2 of clumsiness. at my old job any time i'd be dropping things all day at work someone would ask if i was pregnant :P

I'm singin' here to get rid of fear
Hope it disappears right here with the rain
But I know life is pain, not like a fairytale
Meaningless to pray, so just goin' on my way
~Miyavi "Torture"
#5 Old 03-22-2006, 08:23 PM
Veggie Regular

How odd that you mention this, I've been keeping track of my injuries for the month of March. Most of them were at the start of the third week...
#6 Old 03-22-2006, 09:29 PM
Veggie Regular

I've definitely noticed this, and it stinks.

Katt- you had me laughing out loud!

I'm on a hormone-balancing mission, I'll update if I find any miracles.
#7 Old 03-22-2006, 11:24 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katt Fink View Post

I notice that around the time of month I usually feel kinda drowsy... but in a dopey "I took too much benadryl" kind of way, rather than feeling plain old tired and fatigued...

Oh my gosh can I EVER relate to this!! I know I get extra tired around my period but had never really thought of it like this... glad to know it's "not just me"!

Sorry Kat, the rest of your post made me laugh out loud!! Poor you!! I can sympathize!!
#8 Old 03-30-2006, 10:38 PM

It's true. It happens to me all the time.

And when my sister was pregnant, she became extremely klutzy.
#9 Old 04-08-2006, 10:27 AM
Beginner

Keep sharp objects away from me right before my period starts. Just last week (day 27) The day started by poking myself in the eye with a mascera wand. Anyone who has done this knows it is a disaster. Not only does your eye hurt but it is watering so your eye makeup is running now too! Then I tripped over my own feet while wearing platform sandles and almost ate big $%@. I fell "into" my cubicle at work just catching myself before I took myself out on the filing cabinet next to my desk. That was all before 8 am.
#10 Old 04-15-2006, 07:16 AM
Veggie Regular

I thought I was the only one... Add being a regular ole' butterfingers, being in slight pain, being a b*tch most of the time anywayand you have a great mix for the perfect week.

R
#11 Old 04-19-2006, 07:56 PM

Ah..so glad I'm not the only monthly klutz.

<<<checks the calendar. Ah! Run for your lives!!!

The ones I pity are the ones who never stick out their neck for something they believe, never know the taste of moral struggle, and never have the thrill of victory. - Jonathan Kozol
#12 Old 04-19-2006, 08:07 PM
Veggie Regular

No but I have noticed that it increases the chance of people around me getting hurt
#13 Old 04-20-2006, 12:12 PM
Beginner

Oh my god!!!! thats me... i just never put the two together. Only I also have trouble speaking on these days. I switch around parts of words... like the other month i said " billy please stop cheeking the square" when i meant to say stop SQUEAKING the CHAIR... those are the days when everything falls out of my hands and i walk into walls
#14 Old 04-23-2006, 05:18 AM

my boyfriend says i must have been due on my period for over the past 12 months lol

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page