I wear makeup. I don't need it, but I like it. I take very good care of my skin and here, in no paricular order, is my top 10 must list for great no-makeup faces:
1. cleanse twice a day
2. exfoliate (mildly) once a day
3. MOISTURIZE!!! with SPF, Sooooo important! The sun is your skin's enemy! Don't forget your eyes and lips!
4. Eat a healthy well balanced diet
5. Drink enough water!
6. Keep your hands off your face as much as possible and be gentle when you do touch your face, especially around your eyes.
7. Avoid smoke (if you smoke, quit, it's killing you)
8. Go easy on the alcohol
9. Sleep enough. When you're tired, it shows.
10.Minimize stress (excercize, meditate, don't sweat the small stuff, etc...)
If you hate makeup, but need a little color to perk up your look some days, try Benetint, by Benefit. Its a cheek and lip stain and goes on like water and feels like nothing at all. It looks natural and pretty.