Period lasting too long. - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 01-25-2006, 04:17 AM
Beginner

Ok here's the deal. I had my normal period last week right on schedule and everything and then it went away like normal and I just had a tiny bit of spotting on the last day, not even enough to wear a pad or anything for. Then I wake up and period is back but very very light. Today it is a little worse, just bad enough to wear a pantyliner. Anyone else ever have this problem or know what might be going on?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-25-2006, 04:35 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMistweave View Post

Ok here's the deal. I had my normal period last week right on schedule and everything and then it went away like normal and I just had a tiny bit of spotting on the last day, not even enough to wear a pad or anything for. Then I wake up and period is back but very very light. Today it is a little worse, just bad enough to wear a pantyliner. Anyone else ever have this problem or know what might be going on?

Has there been any change in your diet? If so that could be why.

Also if you just were put on or taken off of birth control that will mess with your cycle.

I don't think it's anything to worry about, I've had my period twice in one month, the teeniest change in your lifestyle (eating differently, medication, exercising) can mess with your cycle... but if it does continue or you are worried about it, seeing a doctor won't do any harm.
#3 Old 01-25-2006, 04:47 AM
Beginner

Everything is still normal in the eating and exercising and pretty much everything department. I play Dance Dance Revolution religiously and eat before work everyday and a few snacks at work but I get enough calories from the one meal to keep my weight in the high healthy range and BC is the same. I have been trying new recipes out of my new veggie cookbook though. Think that could do it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 01-25-2006, 07:01 AM
Veggie Regular

My longest period to date was 18 days. Not spotting....full on period. I was on all kinds of medicine for an attack of poison ivy that could have landed me a leading role in The Bride of Frankenstein's Monster, (we're talking blisters on the insides of my eyelids) so I always assumed it had something to do with that medicine. How long have you had normal, regular periods? Before this odd one, I mean.
#5 Old 01-25-2006, 10:14 AM
Veggie Regular

hmmm...every now & again, this happens to me too.i blame it on the hormones.but if you're worried, have a chat with your doctor
#6 Old 01-25-2006, 04:39 PM
Veggie Regular

It happened to me too, every once in a while, when I was still getting monthly periods (I'm on Seasonale now, so currently I'm only getting my period every three months). It IS frustrating, thinking your period is done, and then having it start up again and last two or three more days. I tend to think it's normal, but if you're worried, go ahead and tell a doctor about it.

*this space not for sale*
#7 Old 01-25-2006, 04:59 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMistweave View Post

Everything is still normal in the eating and exercising and pretty much everything department. I play Dance Dance Revolution religiously and eat before work everyday and a few snacks at work but I get enough calories from the one meal to keep my weight in the high healthy range and BC is the same. I have been trying new recipes out of my new veggie cookbook though. Think that could do it?

New foods in your diet can probably do it, unless you're bleeding heavily or more than normal I wouldn't worry about it too much. Maybe try adding a small snack before bed would be good.
#8 Old 01-25-2006, 11:07 PM
Veggie Regular

Happens to me all the time. As far as I know it's normal.
#9 Old 01-25-2006, 11:23 PM
Veggie Regular

Its never happend to me.If it continues please go to the Dr.

I have really heavy periods and guess what helps!..Take a B-VIT..amazing ~

Try a B and see if it goes away! Good Luck Sweetie!
#10 Old 01-26-2006, 01:10 AM
Beginner

I have had a period do this before and it was last year in January it lasted for three weeks but that was from getting in a car wreck and having a misscarriage which is not the reason now and I know it's not I already checked with a friend and plus I am a on time BC taker I take it at the same minute of the day and use condoms so I know that is not the case lol. It's just weird cause it is like I am having the same period I had last week, it started out light and then got worse. It's like I am having my heavy day today...and it sux.
#11 Old 01-26-2006, 01:13 AM
Beginner

Oh and thanks Bumble I'll try either food with vitamin b in it or else I have vitamin B pills too so I'll do one or the other possibly both. I'd do anything to get this to go away.
#12 Old 01-26-2006, 03:22 AM
Beginner

Well new discovery. I'm pretty sure I lost about a pint of blood in 50 minutes. I went to put a new pad on at 3:30 am and at 4:20 am It was full to the leaking point. I think this might be a little bit overboard on the scale of heavy periods. I need a new scale.
#13 Old 01-26-2006, 10:32 AM

That is heavy flow, but it's not likely that it was a pint of blood. (I've had some experience here )

However, if this continues for much longer, definitely go to the doctor. The general guideline, at least here in the US, is that soaking through a (heavy) pad in an hour or less for a day = need to see a doc.

Also, I know you said you were careful, but don't rule out a miscarriage. Sperm can be sneaky little buggers, heh.

One thing you might consider too, even if this clears up today, is keeping a chart of your flow, notes, etc. I know it sounds kinda gross, but it's hard to remember the exact dates/flow later, and having that information can sometimes prove helpful. Include things like: how heavy the flow was, if there's any particular change in color or odor, if there are clots, the dates you have sex, what time you take your bc each day, if you have cramps/discomfort, if you have any other symptoms like headaches or blurred vision, tiredness, etc. You might also consider keeping track of what you're eating.

It's a lot of work, but it's more fun than the uber-periods.

The ones I pity are the ones who never stick out their neck for something they believe, never know the taste of moral struggle, and never have the thrill of victory. - Jonathan Kozol
#14 Old 01-26-2006, 11:09 PM
Beginner

I always keep up with stuff like that and the whole mega period thing stopped after three hours of feeling like I had massive trauma going on in there. It wasn't that bad it was just that it pretty much did nothing for 49 minutes and then all at once it came out in one minute lol. And the clot thing not trying to be overly graphic but one or two looked like they were the size of a baseball around. Not the whole thing just that wide.
#15 Old 01-26-2006, 11:29 PM

I'm glad you're feeling better. If the clots are an unusual thing for you, that's probably why you felt "trauma" like. (blech)

The ones I pity are the ones who never stick out their neck for something they believe, never know the taste of moral struggle, and never have the thrill of victory. - Jonathan Kozol
#16 Old 01-26-2006, 11:52 PM
Beginner

They're not unusual, I do get them but not that big.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page