Cramps/Vegan? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 01-02-2006, 10:47 AM
Veggie Regular

I've been trying to go vegan and I've been vegan for about two days now (started on jan. 1st). I just started my period as well, and it seems like I'm not getting cramps as bad as I usually do, usually I'm popping tylenols and stuff like every 2 hours because I'm like doubled over in pain. but this time the first day of my period I only took two aleve and I was fine, and today I havent had to take anything.

Anyone noticed this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-02-2006, 10:51 AM
Baby Love

I'm not sure if I noticed a vegan connection myself, even though we seem to be on the same dietary and hormonal schedule ... For me, the cramps get a lot worse from too much soda and salty junk foods.
#3 Old 01-02-2006, 11:02 AM
Veggie Regular

I've heard a lot about vegetarianism reducing menstrual problems as well as menopausal difficulties, and I too have noticed an improvement. It's said that there is no word in Japanese for "hot flash," because Japanese women simply don't experience menopause the way western women do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 01-02-2006, 02:05 PM
Veggie Regular

I get the same cramps but my PMS is not as bad. I think it has something to do with eating soy.
#5 Old 01-02-2006, 02:58 PM
Veggie Regular

No cramps at all anymore for me, but I get very moody.
#6 Old 01-04-2006, 05:59 PM
Veggie Regular

I notice that I get lighter cramps when I eat healthier. I have also taken other steps to be confertable that have helped me. I will often walk my dog if I'm feeling tired, and that gives me an energy boost.

If your eating a lot less fatty and high sugar foods, then you should be more comfertable.

But did you say that it's only been two days? I don't think that two days would have changed it that much, I'd say that it would take at least a month. But, if you notice less cramps, then good for you!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page