Anyone else here have..... (big feet) - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 12-02-2005, 07:00 AM
Banned

BIG FEET!?

I do. OMG, for years I was teased about them and my friends say they don't look that big. I wear a women's size 11 (US measurements). One time a store clerk actually asked me "Are you SURE that is YOUR size????" and he laughed and I was so embarassed for years I would not even go back to that store. It is hard to find my size, but now I am to the point that I don't care. Yes I have big feet. It is who I am.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-02-2005, 07:02 AM
Veggie Regular

How tall are you?
#3 Old 12-02-2005, 08:26 AM
Beginner

I also wear women's size 11, and I frequently buy men's shoes. If your friends say your feet don't look that big, they're probably right. Your feet are big, in terms of shoe size, but they are just right in proportion to your skeletal structure.

Look on the bright side. A customer at a place where I used to work was a real tall and big guy, and he had constant ankle and back problems because his feet were too small for his body. (I think he wore a men's 6 or 7, and he was 6'.) His doctors were always perplexed as to how they could help him. He just needed bigger feet.

Of course, it is a royal pain in the neck (or feet) to try to find a good selection of women's size 11 shoes. By shopping around, I have been able to find what I needed, though. And companies like New Balance (which makes a lot of vegan sneakers) have a very good size selection, and I love their footwear. Plus, since I know I fit into their 11s, I can order styles online that I can't find in stores.

Don't worry about your feet. Love your body, including your tootsies. It's the body you have to wake up with for the rest of your life, so you might as well enjoy it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 12-02-2005, 08:45 AM
Banned

I am 5'7" or thereabouts. No I have since gotten over my shoe buying anxiety. I just hate it that 11's are hard to find. New Balance, you say? I will have to check them out when I buy new running shoes, thanks
#5 Old 12-02-2005, 08:50 AM

i have big feet too, size 11. I'm 5'8". I've always had a long wide foot. Not sure how cause the avg height of the women in my family is about 5'4", and they all wear size 7;s. HAHA I know this cause we all have a shoe fetish, and I usually go shopping with them. I have to agree with the New Balance shoes being a good buy. I just bought a pair of brown sneakers with the pink N logo. They are stylin, and oh so comfy.
#6 Old 12-02-2005, 09:11 AM
Veggie Regular

i wear size 10 womens. i'm only 5'6" or 5'7". but i have a large frame (e.g. broad shoalders, large head) so big feet go along with that. it's not too bad. most places carry up to 10. not that i have many shoes.

i buy boys boots and sneakers. the only "girl" shoe i have are mary jane clogs.
#7 Old 12-02-2005, 06:27 PM
Veggie Regular

I vary from size 10 to size 11. It could be worse. But yes, it is hard to go shopping for shoes. My mom and sister both have the same size, but they wear leather (yuck!). It was hard when I didn't wear vegan shoes, but now it's harder that I nead both big and vegan shoes.

I'm thankfull that I have a Pay Less Shoes Source near my house (in the mall), unfortuntly, there style this year includes a lot of leather and fir, but in the past (and hopefully in the future) they had almost all non-leather, and a lot of large shoes. Also, it was nice last year, because some of the shoes ran extra large, so I was able to comfertably fit into a size 9 1/2, which hadn't happend since I was 12. And, they have shoes sorted by size instead of style, so that it's not as painful (I hate to go into a store sorted by style, find a vegan style that I really like, and it ends up not in my size!)

Plus, they have the buy one get one half off almost every day. There shoes arn't even expensive to begin with.

But if shoe shopping is really painful, why not order shoes online? There are vegan shoe websights.
#8 Old 12-02-2005, 06:58 PM
Veggie Regular

I'd be concerned about the shoes at Payless having been made by people suffering really bad working conditions. Conditions in most shoe factories are really terrible...
#9 Old 12-02-2005, 10:01 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm a size 10 but I'm only 5'2! People are always like "How can you be so short but have such big feet?". I always say so I can kick people's asses.
#10 Old 12-03-2005, 11:47 AM
Veggie Regular

i'm also a women's 11... i've completely given up on buying women's shoes, because they either don't make them that big, or if they do, they're often ugly

(then again i've almost completely given up on buying shoes in general... my current pair of shoes is held together with duct tape )
#11 Old 12-03-2005, 05:24 PM
Veggie Regular

well i'm like 5'6 and 3/4" tall and i were a size 10
#12 Old 12-04-2005, 08:34 AM
Banned

You all made me feel so much better!. I do have a large frame and broad shoulders so I guess my feet do go with my frame.
#13 Old 12-04-2005, 08:53 AM
Veggie Regular

I wear a size 10 and I am about 5'7 and 1/2".

My shoe size doesn't seem to be an issue when it comes to choices with styles or availablity.

Nor is it a health issue....
#14 Old 12-05-2005, 05:02 PM
Beginner

I wear size 13 shoes and I'm 6'3"... haven't seen any stylish vegan women's shoes, so if you find any please send them my way!
#15 Old 12-05-2005, 06:02 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm just under 5'5" and wear a size 10
#16 Old 12-14-2005, 01:52 PM
Veggie Regular

i am 5'5.5'' (to be precise) and i'm a uk size 4 (i think thats about a 5 in us sizes.) but my sister is around 5'10'' and wears a uk size 9 (which i think is 10.5 in us sizes) i think its because she takes after my dads size and i take after my mums - she says about it being hard to find shoes too.

but at the end of the day, it doesn't matter about shoe size,body size,boob size etc.what matters is on the inside thats what i recon anyway

everybody has hang ups about their bodies (i for one, have loads!) but i can't change any of them...so think of a good feature and concentrate on that...so shannon1976, if anyone mentions your shoe size again,just say what bluegrrl79 says
#17 Old 12-14-2005, 07:30 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm 6 feet tall and my shoes are 8 1/2. I am very clumsy and fall down a lot.
#18 Old 12-15-2005, 03:37 AM
Veggie Regular

Sounds like there's a lot of us in the 5' 7" height catagory who wear size 10's or close... actually I wear a 9 most of the time, a 10 in 'dressy' shoes which I wear about once a year or so... yes, I'm "big boned" as well (I blame being "big boned" on a lot of things - heh)

I have very flat feet and bone-spurs in my heels so I am SUPPOSED to wear very expensive orthotic inserts in my shoes... I discovered quite by accident that Birkenstock's in the narrow footbed work even better than the stupid (and often uncomfortable) orthotic devices, so now I live in Birkenstocks practically all the time, even when it's snowing!!

Yes, I know most styles of Birki's are leather - but it's what works for me...
#19 Old 12-15-2005, 04:07 AM
Veggie Regular

I have size 40 or 41 in Dutch sizes, which would be either 9 or 10 in american shoe sizes. I used to think that I had really large feet, especially when I was about 13 or 14 years old. I was shorter then, but my feet grew faster then my body. Luckily, they stopped earlier as well. Now I think they look perfectly normal. Ofcource, Dutch women are relatively tall compared to most women in the world, so our feet would be correspondingly larger. But the people in the shoe store assured me that size 40 (so, size 9) is the average shoe size for dutch women. So, 11 wouldn't be that large at all.

What helps to cover up large feet, is wearing dark colored shoes, and long jeans or pants which will cover your shoes for a part. They really look smaller that way. Also, trie not to buy flat lokking shoes, they also will look large.
#20 Old 05-27-2008, 02:07 PM

I can relate to this question so much! Growing up i've always been soo conscious about my feet because I have 2 brothers that likes to tease me of how big my feet was. I have a twin brother and they said they use to compare my feet with my brother's feet when we were babies and said that my feet was big. I am asian and 4'11 small with a shoe size of 7.5 sometimes 8 depending if i'm wearing a very high heel, I'm very conscious coz my toes are long. It just doesn't look right and this actually prevented me from wearing sandals because I don't want them to see it but now I don't care what people think anymore. I will wear what I want to wear and I don't know if I am in denial or what *wink*, but my feet doesn't look that big anymore to me! *grin*
#21 Old 05-27-2008, 02:23 PM
Veggie Regular

5'7" - size 11 feet. There are few things I loathe more than shoe shopping. Now I buy everything online where you can typically select your size and see all the styles available in it, instead of seeing a style you love and then being disappointed 100% of the time that this style only comes in sizes for pixies. Even harder when there is a vegan footwear requirement, but the internetz has made it easier.
#22 Old 06-22-2008, 08:05 AM
Veggie Regular

At least your feet are in proportion to your body. I'm 5ft 7 and my feet are only a 3! Although I have quite a slim build, I need to lose a few pounds so I look quite tall and chunky with tiny little feet. they dont match.

Still, It means no one ever borrows my shoes! They come into my room, and I have all my heels displayed on my trunk at the end of my bed. I have about 8 pairs of heels, and people are always so annoyed when they find out they cant fit into any and wear them out!
#23 Old 06-22-2008, 05:45 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm 5ft 5 and my feet are a size 9/10. I thought I was doomed to be the only girl who couldnt share shoes. When I got to highschool 2 of my 3 best friends ended up having the same shoe size as me!!!

I've met a few more since then, but yeah. Oh man, I know this one girl who'se the same shoe size as me and she collects GORGEOUS shoes.. unfortunately she does not lend. (Though I guess, now that I think about it, they're likely leather so I guess I wouldn't want to borrow? Since it was never an option I never thought about it)
#24 Old 06-22-2008, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv4sheep View Post

At least your feet are in proportion to your body. I'm 5ft 7 and my feet are only a 3! Although I have quite a slim build, I need to lose a few pounds so I look quite tall and chunky with tiny little feet. they dont match.

Still, It means no one ever borrows my shoes! They come into my room, and I have all my heels displayed on my trunk at the end of my bed. I have about 8 pairs of heels, and people are always so annoyed when they find out they cant fit into any and wear them out!

I have small feet, too. It's annoying to have small feet because they're also hard to find. I wear a size 4 youth normally. It's hard to find shoes that fit that don't make me look like I'm 8 since I already look young!
#25 Old 06-22-2008, 07:29 PM
Veggie Regular

I always thought my feet were kind of big for my height. I'm 5'3" and wear size 8 1/2 or 9. I have really long toes and my second toe is longer than my big toe. This was a problem when I used to run. I lost my nails on those toes so many times they don't grow right anymore. I even tried wearing size 10 shoes but it didn't help. I also have arches that fall when I stand up, so I have to wear specially made orthotics or I have all kinds of problems with my feet, my knees, my hips, and I'm sure my back eventually without them.
#26 Old 06-22-2008, 10:19 PM
Veggie Regular

my sister in law is 11 years old and wears size 9 shoes already. i only wear a 7 1/2 or 8. she's still shorter than me but she's growing so fast that i think when she's full grown her feet will be big but the right proportion for her body. we think she will be about 6' when she finally stops growing. but she's still super skinny so she has long narrow feet. mine are like that too and it's hard enough getting shoes that fit at my size, if she stays on this track she'll have a real hard time buying shoes when she's full grown. she mostly wears flipflops in the summer and if they're not too big around and falling off, her toes and heels are hanging over the ends. everyone teases her a little bit about it now but when she's tall and thin with killer legs we'll all be jealous

I'm singin' here to get rid of fear
Hope it disappears right here with the rain
But I know life is pain, not like a fairytale
Meaningless to pray, so just goin' on my way
~Miyavi "Torture"
#27 Old 06-30-2008, 08:06 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFaile View Post

my sister in law is 11 years old and wears size 9 shoes already. i only wear a 7 1/2 or 8. she's still shorter than me but she's growing so fast that i think when she's full grown her feet will be big but the right proportion for her body. we think she will be about 6' when she finally stops growing. but she's still super skinny so she has long narrow feet. mine are like that too and it's hard enough getting shoes that fit at my size, if she stays on this track she'll have a real hard time buying shoes when she's full grown. she mostly wears flipflops in the summer and if they're not too big around and falling off, her toes and heels are hanging over the ends. everyone teases her a little bit about it now but when she's tall and thin with killer legs we'll all be jealous

Suddenly I don't feel so bad anymore about my size 9 on a 5'2" frame. My daughter is 11 years old too and we can share shoes now. She's still not quite my height yet (almost), so I don't know if her shoe size will determine her build later on, but if I'm any indication, she might not get that tall, although I find she is a bit tall for 11.
#28 Old 06-30-2008, 07:04 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm 5'3ish and wear a size 8 1/2. I don't wear shorts or capris or anything because I feel like my feet look huge.
#29 Old 06-30-2008, 10:18 PM
Veggie Regular

yeah my SIL seems tall for her age. next to her friends she's kind of a giant lol. she's the tallest girl on her soccer team also. it's probably good that she has big feet or as fast as she's growing she'd be clumsy and awkward (moreso) by now. but she dances and plays soccer and is always ALWAYS moving so she's pretty good on her feet. balance-wise anyway. when i'm downstairs and she's walking around in the kitchen it sounds like a stampede of elephants. for a dancer she's not very light on her feet

I'm singin' here to get rid of fear
Hope it disappears right here with the rain
But I know life is pain, not like a fairytale
Meaningless to pray, so just goin' on my way
~Miyavi "Torture"
#30 Old 07-01-2008, 12:59 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegrrrl79 View Post

I'm a size 10 but I'm only 5'2! People are always like "How can you be so short but have such big feet?". I always say so I can kick people's asses.

I love this post I'm a martial artist with big feet, so I can totally relate.

Anyways, I'm 5'8 with size 10. I don't care for shoes. I don't wear them if I'm not at work (I wear flip-flops most of the time or no shoes at home). I do have a problem finding my size in something I like. So when I find something, I buy a couple of pairs (last me years LOL).

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page