Who is having their period right now?

• Me!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not me!

Votes: 0 0.0%

Who's having their period right now?

4K views 58 replies 36 participants last post by  ~Linda~ 
#1 ·
Seems like a bunch of us are on the same, or close, cycle.

INQUIRING MINDS WANT TO KNOW!!!

#27 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy SF View Post

I've noticed something. There are a LOT of threads in the Women's Forum (now Women's Health Forum) about menstruation. Are we females REALLY that pitiful when it comes to our monthlies? It is just an excuse to rant and vent when the hormonal raging and cramping get to be too much? What is about bleeding from our vaginas that bring us all together in commiserated misery?

Just wondering.
I wouldn't call it pitiful, its not that bad to vent about it sometimes.

#31 ·
Sorry to hear that, Frenchie.

I think it's not too surprising or weird that there are a lot of threads about menstruation in here...considering this is a women's health forum.

Brah, rock on with your Divacup. I had to fly yesterday, the first day of my period, and it wasn't even that bad! Yaaaaaaaaaaaaay Diva.

And I fully expect my period to be over by tomorrow. They only last like 3 days when I use this thing.

#32 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy SF View Post

I've noticed something. There are a LOT of threads in the Women's Forum (now Women's Health Forum) about menstruation. Are we females REALLY that pitiful when it comes to our monthlies? It is just an excuse to rant and vent when the hormonal raging and cramping get to be too much? What is about bleeding from our vaginas that bring us all together in commiserated misery?

Just wondering.
I think it's kind of funny...and neat!

Sort of reminds me being back in high school health class, cracking jokes with girl-friends about Aunt Flo; the Crimson Wave; etc, etc...lots of other quarky personifications of OUR BLEEDING VAGINAS!!

Cheers!

#36 ·
Just finished last night. Every month with my Divacup just gets better and better.

(It started out great, and I love it more every month because I'm another month removed from the hassle of pads, tampons, and all the other annoyances.)

#41 ·
i'm on the tail end of mine. I started mine on friday. it should be finished tomorrow. it's a very light day today. might be done tonite, but i'll wear coverage tomorrow anyway.

I like getting my period. I don't think there's anything wrong with talking about it or being interested in it. It's a huge part of being an adult woman--for most women anyway. And then there's all those changesto get it and changes when you don't get it for whatever the reasons are. So, there's lots to know.

Frenchie:

i'm sorry about your loss. Are you looking at FAM? if you were pregnant and miscarried, it's likely that your next few months won't be 'normal' or 'ovulatory'--but that doesn't mean that they won't be eventually. Just don't pin all of your hopes on 'next month' when it makes perfect sense that your body may have to readjust a lot.

GOod luck with everything!

#43 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elena99 View Post

So you could go from one period where you use a pad (or tampon?) and have it be longer than three days, and then you use a Diva cup and it's 3 days?
Yeah. When I used tampons, my periods were 5-7 days long. Now, they are 2-3 days long.

I think it may be some sort of reflexology thing having to do with keeping the cervix more open or something...I have much less intense cramps using the Divacup too, so.

#46 ·
This is my first time using the Diva Cup- and I am loving it as well. While I wouldn't say it makes my cramps BETTER, it at least doesn't increase the amount of cramping, like tampons tend to do to me. Which is a plus.

I'm hoping that it will be of general help to my discomfort during my periods after my body adjusts to not being on hormonal birth control. I used to have extremely painful cramps, a super heavy flow, etc. and this will hopefully help me to deal with those. Birth control was really the only thing that helped me, but I am willing to stop it because I am just sick and tired of the hormones... Anyway, I'm loving it so far!

#48 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by bethanie View Post

Mine started today. Does it have anything to do with moon cycles?...the similarity in scheduling we're experiencing? I know I at least spend a lot of time outdoors...

B
I'm pretty sure, Bethanie. I don't take any form of oral contraceptive and most of my buddies and I are hooked up, so we form some kind of worldwide lunar network. Awesome. Let's go out and HOWL at it.

#50 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoebird View Post

I like getting my period. I don't think there's anything wrong with talking about it or being interested in it. It's a huge part of being an adult woman--for most women anyway. And then there's all those changesto get it and changes when you don't get it for whatever the reasons are. So, there's lots to know.
I don't think there is anything wrong with talking about/being interested in periods, but that does not mean that I, personally, like it. Periods to me basically mean pain. And I am not particularly fond of pain. :p However, I am ridiculously fascinated with my reproductive system and its processes...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.