Hormones? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 06-02-2005, 07:10 PM
Veggie Regular

For months now i've had the feeling like i'm losing control of myself and questioning everything. Sometimes it gets to the point that I can barely breathe and I start sweating really bad. Now its back and worse, I don't know how to stop it but it seems like a downward spiral. I can't seem to calm down and i'm extremely emotional (more than usual) and physically I feel sick and out of it. I am a little stressed out but normally it won't get to me much and when it does it won't last very long. Could this be my hormones going crazy and if so how do I fix it (I don't want to take medicine or anything, if I can pin point it and stop it i'll be fine). Its like endless PMS...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-03-2005, 12:11 PM
Veggie Regular

could it be something not related to fertility cycle hormones? such as anxiety or the like?
#3 Old 06-03-2005, 01:45 PM
Veggie Regular

I think so, but i thought maybe its hormones because its never been this bad before. I don't take birth control anway.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 06-03-2005, 02:26 PM
Veggie Regular

well, i didn't imply that you did take the pill--our bodies naturally produce hormones to regulate fertility. it could be that you're out of balance in that. But it could also be that you have other problems that aren't related to the cycle.

Have you considered talking to a councellor?
#5 Old 06-03-2005, 03:46 PM
Veggie Regular

carried,

I was experiencing similar things a while back--I talked to my internist and the first things he did was to make certain it wasn't my heart or my lungs; He ran blood tests and did an EKG and he sent me to a pulminologist. Turns out I was pretty healthy, so we decided it was likely a side effect of the stress I was feeling. Kind of like anxiety attacks, but not full-blown ones.

Are you feeling particulary stressed about anything in your life right now? I know how overwhelming even little things can seem when you have a part of your life that's making you anxious.
#6 Old 06-03-2005, 05:11 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoebird View Post

well, i didn't imply that you did take the pill--our bodies naturally produce hormones to regulate fertility. it could be that you're out of balance in that. But it could also be that you have other problems that aren't related to the cycle.

Have you considered talking to a councellor?

I'm sorry, I didn't know what you meant or that our bodies were capable of that. Maybe I should go to the doctor and have things checked out, i've never been. Thank you for your help
#7 Old 06-03-2005, 05:26 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by veggiewriter View Post

carried,

I was experiencing similar things a while back--I talked to my internist and the first things he did was to make certain it wasn't my heart or my lungs; He ran blood tests and did an EKG and he sent me to a pulminologist. Turns out I was pretty healthy, so we decided it was likely a side effect of the stress I was feeling. Kind of like anxiety attacks, but not full-blown ones.

Are you feeling particulary stressed about anything in your life right now? I know how overwhelming even little things can seem when you have a part of your life that's making you anxious.

I'm sorry, I didn't know what you meant or that our bodies were capable of that.Thank you for your help zoebird

Veggiewriter,I am pretty stressed out more than I have been in a long time, that could be whats wrong. Last time this happened I was stressed out too but I stopped myself before things got too bad. I'm fine today,but tomorrow I could be crying all day for no reason or something i've made up in my mind.It really sounds like hormones to me but I don't know much about these things. I think maybe if I changed my diet to less crappy food and took my vitamins like normal it would go away. Its just doing it that is the hard part, but i'll have to do something because I hate feeling unstable. Thanks for your help
#8 Old 06-05-2005, 03:14 PM
Beginner

i've had the same thing but becuse i just had a baby. Hes a month old, they told, me, mine was postpartum, have panic attacks, they had put me on zoloft but i stopped taking it, cause it wasn't helping, they told me to get out, more make sure i eat drink lots of water, get plenty of sleep and get out more.

HTH
#9 Old 06-06-2005, 12:13 PM
Veggie Regular

carried: Stress is definitely a factor in making us feel the way you're describing...

I totally understand...

What works wonders for me - and it's not the cure-all for everyone - is really watching what I eat - I get a little psycho about it - no preservatives, no processed foods, no sugar, no caffiene... all common sense, but sometimes we forget - and it's HARD to eat that "healthy" all the time... well worth it though - I've found that makes a huge difference in being able to handle feelings like stress, anxiety and being overwhelmed...

ALSO - excercise!! You don't need a gym membership or fancy equipment - just get out, get some fresh air, take a walk, get a change of scenery.. execise actually regulates your hormones somewhat too - so if it IS that, excercise will help there too....

Both of these things actually take some motivation, that can be the hard part, when I'm feeling stressed I definitely lack the motivation to do what I need to feel better, but find it within your self somehow - you'll feel so much better for it...

I don't mean to sound simplistic, it's a LOT of work... but the benefits, in how you feel, will be worth it...
#10 Old 06-06-2005, 12:23 PM

Hi,

It could be hormones, anxiety, or even anxiety with depression. I have trouble with PMS and find that regular exercise and no caffiene help a lot. No coffee, tea, soda, or chocolate. Even sugar and processed carbs (white bread, cereals, etc.) make me anxious sometimes. Calcuim has also been shown to help, along with the B vitamins and I think magnesium. I read it can take up to 3 months to make a difference, so you want to be sure you keep doing these good things.

I would make an appointment with your doctor though to rule out any medical issues. If it's pretty bad it probably is anxiety or PMDD (pre-menstrual disphoric disorder, which is an extreme form of PMS)

I really wish you the best. Take care!
#11 Old 06-06-2005, 12:32 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tofu-N-Sprouts View Post

carried: Stress is definitely a factor in making us feel the way you're describing...

I totally understand...

What works wonders for me - and it's not the cure-all for everyone - is really watching what I eat - I get a little psycho about it - no preservatives, no processed foods, no sugar, no caffiene... all common sense, but sometimes we forget - and it's HARD to eat that "healthy" all the time... well worth it though - I've found that makes a huge difference in being able to handle feelings like stress, anxiety and being overwhelmed...

ALSO - excercise!! You don't need a gym membership or fancy equipment - just get out, get some fresh air, take a walk, get a change of scenery.. execise actually regulates your hormones somewhat too - so if it IS that, excercise will help there too....

Both of these things actually take some motivation, that can be the hard part, when I'm feeling stressed I definitely lack the motivation to do what I need to feel better, but find it within your self somehow - you'll feel so much better for it...

I don't mean to sound simplistic, it's a LOT of work... but the benefits, in how you feel, will be worth it...

Thank you, i'm pretty sure its my diet. Last year I felt the same way I do now and I stopped eating prcoessed foods and caffiene and I felt great. I've slacked off a lot now though. I do workout a lot, since I don't have a car I have to walk everywhere unless I can catch a ride with friends or my parents. Its just stress and bad eating habits, i'll be fine and I feel better right now. Thank you for your help
#12 Old 06-18-2005, 07:11 PM

I was having many of the same problems, heavy periods, depression, and anxiety attacks. My doctor put me on anit-depressants which seems to make things worse. I then talked to a nutrionalist which suggested taking, vitamins, and using a natural progesterone cream. It really helped. Its 100% vegan too. I buy it through a membership I signed up for its safe and I get it at a wholesale price. If you want more info, just email me at [email protected] and I can send you some more info. Good Luck.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page