chemical free pads? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 02-09-2005, 09:13 PM
Veggie Regular

For my last period, I picked up some all natural pads, *i think they were Natracare??????* and fell in love. It's hard to explane, but pads use to "hurt" before. Anyone else use these cummfy pads? They are very expensive, but I deffently am willing to pay.

Also, I've heard that the big brands poor lots of chemicals or something like that on the pads, and I don't want to be applieing to a sensitive skin place for a couple of days. I have heard that they cause you to blead more in your period to, is that right?

Anyone?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-10-2005, 11:36 AM
Veggie Regular

Alot of these things are bad becuase they are so bleached out.I prefer tampons on any given day~so I know nothing about pads

#3 Old 02-10-2005, 12:03 PM
Jes
Veggie Regular

I use Natracare tampons. Dioxins? There? No thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 02-10-2005, 12:43 PM
Veggie Regular

glad rags are cloth, reuseable (washable) pads and they are the best investment! I bought my current set 5 yrs ago and they're still in great shape! I paid $45 for them. Lets do the math

12 periods per year for 5 years equals 60 periods

60 periods for $45 equals $1.33 per period on pads.
#5 Old 02-10-2005, 02:55 PM
Beginner

when it comes to anything that deals with such a sensitive area of the body IMO chemical free is DEFINATLY the way to go
#6 Old 02-10-2005, 03:22 PM
Beginner

i'm not sure if this is of any interest to anyone but i saw a DIY cloth pad tutorial for anyone who doesn't want to shell out for them (and has material/sewing machine etc:

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=18462.0
#7 Old 02-10-2005, 03:51 PM
Veggie Regular

I bought my cloth pads from a lady on eBay. Definitely a worthwhile investment.

I use Natracare when I use tampons.
#8 Old 02-10-2005, 03:56 PM
Veggie Regular

Hmm...what about medical-grade silicon? That's not *so*...toxic...is it?

I mention this b/c methinks a Diva Cup would be a more worth while investment than nature pads...

(I'm currently in the process of using up stock and deciding on a new 'alternative').

Cheers.
#9 Old 02-11-2005, 02:00 PM
Veggie Regular

a lot of people use the reuseable diva cup. i think it's environmentally friendly and from what i can tell, it doesn't cause any reactions in most people (latex allergies and the like aside).

But, i don't use any type ot tampon at any time because i just don't like them. Also, i would make my own pads, except i don't have the skillz. so, i bought what was available to me at my HFS. I support the environment, the alternative company, the organic products, and my local small-business HFS. hooray! works for me.
#10 Old 02-19-2005, 04:56 PM
Veggie Regular

j89, i know what you mean about those other pads hurting. i can't use tampons anymore bc i had toxic shock syndrome in the early 90's...soooo, i use soft old washcloths. supercomfortable, easy and they get tossed in the wash. on light days, old bananas. not bananas, bandanas.

i know someone who uses lil' handsewn pads, they're cute, all flannel and flowered...
#11 Old 02-19-2005, 07:19 PM

Diva cup! I can't rave enough! I love it. LOVE IT. less than $30. LOVE IT!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page