Flavored condoms - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 12-15-2004, 12:41 AM
Veggie Regular

I presume it wasn't such a good idea to use them for intercourse... because now my cootchie is screaming at me.

...How long will it take for the pain/irritation/offset Ph to die down? What was I thinking?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-15-2004, 01:57 AM
Veggie Regular

Sorry I can't help.

Hope your feeling better
#3 Old 12-15-2004, 08:19 PM
Veggie Regular

Allright, I'm serious this time. It hurts to pee. Like, I'm afriad to drink too much water...

Does this warrant immediate (like, tomorrow morning) gyno attention... Or should I wait a few days to see if it'll die down?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 12-15-2004, 08:22 PM

I'm not sure. Could it be you are having an allergic reaction? Watch if you have a discharge or abdominal pain. I probably would go have it checked out. The female organs are very delicate. Can't be too careful.
#5 Old 12-15-2004, 08:26 PM
Veggie Regular

I get that reaction whenever I use condoms with spermicide. It sucks.. I just take a hot bath and whine until it goes away.
#6 Old 12-15-2004, 08:31 PM
Baby Love

How long has it been? My allergy to spermicide was awful the first 24 hours ... then it led to an infection which lasted about a week. You should probably call your doctor today or tomorrow and tell them about the situation. They can give you advice as to how long to wait and 'observe', what to watch for, etc. If they think you need to come in, they'll tell you.

Feel better!
#7 Old 12-15-2004, 08:32 PM
Baby Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie View Post

I get that reaction whenever I use condoms with spermicide. It sucks.. I just take a hot bath and whine until it goes away.

Ouch. The hot bath/shower always makes the itchiness worse for me
#8 Old 12-15-2004, 08:38 PM
Veggie Regular

Almost 24 hours. It was last night, around midnight. I tried a real hot, long shower... to I don't know, clean up? Didn't help.

I guess I'll call the advice nurse in the morning. Dern finals week, too. Heh. Bad choice of a study distraction, eh?
#9 Old 12-15-2004, 08:50 PM

Ugh. You live somewhere cold too. I was going to suggest wearing skirts to let the air circulate more. Maybe wearing loose clothes will help or at least help it not get worse?
#10 Old 12-15-2004, 08:52 PM
Veggie Regular

I've definetely been in pajamas all day. One good thing about the job/student life I have... I probably could live in pajamas and no one would care.
#11 Old 12-15-2004, 11:40 PM
Veggie Regular

you should go to a doctor, if it persists. likely it turned into a yeast or bladder infection or something.

yucky.
#12 Old 12-16-2004, 09:14 AM

I agree with desolationangel. It could be something very serious. For the very first time I use a condom, it irritated like crazy!!!
#13 Old 12-16-2004, 09:16 AM
Veggie Regular

Pur apple cider vinegar on your cootchie-coo, Sugar...seriously. It alkalizes the area could set things right. If that offers no relief, go to the gyno. Sounds like an allergic reaction.
#14 Old 12-16-2004, 01:43 PM
Veggie Regular

Thanks, Foxy! That's the kind of help I needed. Hehe... I'll go try it. If I don't feel proper by this evening, I'm going to the doc first thing in the morning.
#15 Old 12-16-2004, 02:46 PM
Veggie Regular

feeel free to use the left over apple cidar vinegar as a great hair conditioner. (thanks ruthie! she gave me the suggestion for getting rid of "cradle cap" which it didn't, but my hair's not been softer or shinier in years!)
#16 Old 12-16-2004, 03:50 PM
Veggie Regular

Doesn't it also help brighten red highlights? And get rid of lice? Vinegar is magic for your head.
#17 Old 12-16-2004, 03:55 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxy View Post

Pur apple cider vinegar on your cootchie-coo, Sugar...seriously. It alkalizes the area could set things right. If that offers no relief, go to the gyno. Sounds like an allergic reaction.

Maybe I'm missing something here. Vinegar is acidic, not alkaline. It's normally 5% acetic acid. Why would that alkalize the area?
#18 Old 12-16-2004, 04:17 PM
Veggie Regular

The normal vaginal environment is supposed to be acidic, with a pH of 3.8 to 4.2.

Sooo... I presume the ACV is more alkaline than that, though not necessarily over a ph of 7. I don't think I'd want my coochie to be the equivalent of milk or anything! Heh. It's supposed to be a bit acidic down there.
#19 Old 12-17-2004, 10:06 AM
Veggie Regular

When I wanted to scream after using my first (and last) spermicidal condom, I applied cow's milk to the area, and it helped. I'm sure no one here would do that, but it might give a clue to the acid vs. alkaline mystery.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page