Leather shoes - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 11-22-2004, 10:21 AM
Veggie Regular

I'm new to this but excited about it. I was wondering...how do some of you manage to find non leather shoes? Tennis shoes are fine for everything, just about, but working and more formal situations require a more formal shoe. It seems like just about everything is leather - or has some leather in it! Do some of you just bypass this one at times? Be honest.

I found a great coat the other day. I won't go into the details of why this coat is so cool, BUT it has a small leather strap/belt like trim in the back. I have to think about it. I'm taking a trip and this coat is just perfect.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-22-2004, 10:42 AM
kat
Veggie Regular

I usually just get cheap shoes. For example I paid £10 for a smart pair of black shoes and they are great for work or casual wear. No leather in it. Of course, it's still a worry that they are that cheap- as cheap labour is likely to be involved. I guess you can't win them all though!

Kat
#3 Old 11-22-2004, 10:44 AM
Veggie Regular

I love shoes. With practice you can find non-leather shoes of all styles and sizes. If you have $$$ you can find non-leather shoes online at places like www.mooshoes.com

Otherwise, you can always try Payless Shoe Source.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 11-22-2004, 02:02 PM
Veggie Regular

i am sometimes disappointed when i find something truly adorable that has a bit of leather trim or real fur instead of faux (though that's rare), but i do pass it by. Usually with the term "crap!" coming out after i check the label. i always buy what i really want, which is leather free (unless there are truly NO alternatives).

usually, i can easily find whatever i want. i'm a shoe 'ho' and i have many pairs. they're all super sexy and no leather. it's possible. i buy a lot of chinese laundry brand, and there are others--but i can't remember what they are off the top of my head. but i'll check around.
#5 Old 11-22-2004, 04:04 PM
Veggie Regular

It really depends on what type of style you're looking for. Target has a lot of non-leather shoes, Payless, Hot Topic ( I know...but I love some of their shoes ), Marshalls, T.J. Maxx, Zappos.com, ect. Stop by the "shoe hussy" thread in the Product Review forum for some inspiration!
#6 Old 11-22-2004, 04:13 PM
Veggie Regular

I usually can get my dressier shoes at Payless, Wal Mart, Target, Kmart, and just regular mall stores. I just look for the little sticker that says "Man Made Materials"
#7 Old 11-22-2004, 04:44 PM
Banned

payless. i'd rather get shoes form mooshoes but don't have the $$. plus the plastic fantastic lasts surprisingly long. no leather shoes for me.
#8 Old 11-22-2004, 06:32 PM
Veggie Regular

Thanks. I guess I haven't beenlooking long enogh. Good pointers.
#9 Old 11-22-2004, 06:51 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm having problems with this. I've had the same leather loafers for a really long time. Probably since before I became vegetarian but I really don't remember. I know I got them while I was still in high school, and I'm almost 23 now, so as you can see I like things that last a long time and I don't buy shoes often. They're getting really worn out by now. The heel is worn down in the back, so it's crooked. They're starting to get uncomfortable b/c of the imbalance in the heel. I want another pair of comfortable high-quality loafers that will last me a long time. It seems like most of the ones I find are just cheap plastic that doesn't breathe. I'm going to be doing a job during which I'm on my feet all day and that just isn't going to cut it. The only place that has something that looks like what I'm aiming for is MooShoes, but they don't carry my size (7.5) and it's expensive. I'd be willing to pay it if I knew they had something that was going to fit me, but it doesn't look like they do. In order to find out I would have to pay shipping and then wait and if they don't fit pay shipping again to send it back. Shoes are really the most frustrating thing because there are so few high quality alternatives to leather, (especially in free standing stores where you can actually try the shoes on before you pay for them!) and it's important for my feet for me to have high quality.
#10 Old 11-22-2004, 08:11 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrodolfox View Post

I love shoes. With practice you can find non-leather shoes of all styles and sizes. If you have $$$ you can find non-leather shoes online at places like www.mooshoes.com

Otherwise, you can always try Payless Shoe Source.

Is there something you're not telling us? Are you the real bearded lady?
#11 Old 11-22-2004, 08:34 PM
Veggie Regular

Kenneth Cole Reaction. They're pricey, but he usually has at least one pari of totally synthetic/fabric/man made sole shoes per season. Last year I found really nice loafers that I believe were leather free. Nordstrom is god-like when it comes to finding non-leather shoes, and the sales people are fantastic at helping you and finding your size
#12 Old 11-24-2004, 09:18 AM
Veggie Regular

I am in love with microfiber, it works with my clothes, and doesn't show the pet fur that's everywhere in my life. I found them at LLBean and at Payless. I also have microfiber for my wallet, purse, etc.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page