Feeling extremely fatiqued just before menstration? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 09-30-2004, 08:22 PM
Baby Love

I've been trying to track my less than wonderful physical state so I can do something to feel better. I've blamed everything from food to water to stress. I even had blood tests which came back perfect. I seem to be eating and drinking 'normally' and maintaining a fairly constant stress level. This leaves me still without an answer. Recently, I noticed that this craptitude may be related to my cycle. It seems like I always feel really really fatiqued a week or so before my period. This is pre-cramps and the like. Do you think that something like severe fatique and near fainting could have something to do with PMS? It seems somewhat far fetched, but not completely out there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 09-30-2004, 08:34 PM
Beginner

i don't know how severe is severe for you and i don't get fainting spells near or not, but i am totally exhausted bodily and mentally about two days before i get mine.

i wonder if it is farfetched...i remember being pregnant and totally tired the first few months especially so wouldn't it be similar in pms, as a hormonal thing? just a thought...
#3 Old 09-30-2004, 09:42 PM
Beginner

i get really fatigued a few days, or sometimes a week before, and also during the first few days of my period. i think it's normal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 09-30-2004, 09:44 PM
Veggie Regular

I do get really tired just before my period, and on the first day of it I can't see anyone, I just have to run home from work and curl up in bed and sleep/read/hide.

Not to sound like a freak (not sure why I always manage to do so but...) 85% of us carry parasites around inside us, and they usually don't affect us negatively but chronic fatique is one of the symptoms that they're getting out of hand. check out www.curezone.com for more info - it seems really gross and kind of surreal at first but it makes a lot of sense, and you get used to it. And you could try getting hydrotherapy (colonic). I know, I'm obsessed with the colon. Sue me. There's a reason why your abdomen is called your "home" in some eastern cultures
#5 Old 09-30-2004, 09:46 PM

i think it's totally normal, considering what your body is going through... i notice i need more sleep and crave different foods. jinga, it sounds like you're pretty in touch with what your body is up to... that's your best bet! just listen to her!
#6 Old 09-30-2004, 11:52 PM
Veggie Regular

I get completely worn out and exhausted too. I feel like all the life has just been sucked out of me and I have the hardest time pulling myself out of bed.

Generally, I increase my caffeine intake to insane amounts about a week before my period so I can function throughout the day.

I wish I had some advice for you, but I'm kind of in the same boat.
#7 Old 10-01-2004, 06:39 AM
Veggie Regular

I get that, too. I usually do lighter workouts, since I can get dizzy sometimes if I really push myself during that time. I also try to eat a little more, and include iron rich foods.
#8 Old 10-01-2004, 07:22 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinga View Post

I've been trying to track my less than wonderful physical state so I can do something to feel better. I've blamed everything from food to water to stress. I even had blood tests which came back perfect. I seem to be eating and drinking 'normally' and maintaining a fairly constant stress level. This leaves me still without an answer. Recently, I noticed that this craptitude may be related to my cycle. It seems like I always feel really really fatiqued a week or so before my period. This is pre-cramps and the like. Do you think that something like severe fatique and near fainting could have something to do with PMS? It seems somewhat far fetched, but not completely out there.

I don't think it's far fetched at all. About a week before my period, I feel utterly exhausted. I need to get more sleep than usual. What does help, however, is to eat well, get enough sleep and try and get some exercise.
#9 Old 10-01-2004, 08:17 AM
Veggie Regular

I get exhausted the first day, and sometimes the day before and the day after that. I hate it because it's the middle of the week and I feel completely useless and I don't want to get out of bed, but if I missed work that much I'd be in trouble.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page