Vitex/chasteberry - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 3Likes
  • 1 Post By Beets&Beats
  • 1 Post By LedBoots
  • 1 Post By Beets&Beats

#1 Old 08-10-2016, 02:00 PM
Veggie Regular

Location: Melbourne, Australia. A haven of a country! But my heart is where my earliest years were spent in California and Canada as well...
Vitex/chasteberry

My naturopath wants me to try this.
Have you? Good/bad experiences?
Seems like it can go either way which makes me nervous because things COULD be better but they could be a lot worse!
I would like cycles shorter than 47 days and to balance out whatever is unbalanced.
But I would NOT like even later ovulation or mood swings and stuff that apparently happens to some takers. People seem to either love or hate and I know you don't know til you try but I'm trying to gauge which is more common...

I don't get PMS or anything so the only 'complaint' is the late (read: infrequent) ovulation suggesting slow-to-rise LH apparently...which is what Vitex helps, they say...

Too risky? Don't mess with the only mildly broken? Or... ?

Scary. But so many changes I've made lately did turn out to make things better not worse.
My gut says actually it would be better to walk less and drink less coffee because I did have one 39 day cycle when I was doing that... but it could've been a fluke...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 08-12-2016, 11:13 PM
Not such a Beginner ;)

I agree with your gut on this one.
#3 Old 08-13-2016, 03:20 AM
Veggie Regular

Location: Melbourne, Australia. A haven of a country! But my heart is where my earliest years were spent in California and Canada as well...
Ah, Ledboots. You have been the voice of reason in all this, you have.

Not taking the stuff they recommended and I also failed miserably at not eating too many lectins and phytoestrogens today because my goal was just eat alllll the things. Ha.

I'll find a balance. And no further hormonal questions shall be posted until I do...
LedBoots likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 08-13-2016, 03:51 AM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beets&Beats View Post
Ah, Ledboots. You have been the voice of reason in all this, you have.

Not taking the stuff they recommended and I also failed miserably at not eating too many lectins and phytoestrogens today because my goal was just eat alllll the things. Ha.

I'll find a balance. And no further hormonal questions shall be posted until I do...
Oh I am not trying to get you to stop posting hormonal questions, I am interested! But of course my nurse hat comes on and I have to say Do the Proven Thing First. 😂
#5 Old 08-13-2016, 04:43 PM
Veggie Regular

Heh. I love that hat! And I love to wear many hats also. Life is interesting when you wear many hats.

But not interesting when it's flooded with boring questions. Hormones are totally new to me so... meh.
And something is up with them today! This week, really. Or not. It's not hormones. It feels so deeply biological but I'm pretty sure it's just hitting a mental breakingpoint...
I'm a pretty calm human but yesterday was on absolute knifesedge and burst into tears randomly several times over not small things but NO things. Just driving along?!

This morning I logged into Facebook to message faraway-partner (back in several days. Wheeeee!) and the 'news' bar had this huge thing about infertility and how much responsibility actually rests with lifestyle etc. and how much it destroys couples and all sorts of negative rubbish I usually roll my eyes at but cue tears again. Helpful, really. Made me notice how seriously I'm taking everything and how much it's stolen my brain. So I quit. In my head. Particularly doing all the little things GPs and Naturopaths and research suggest are most helpful because what is MOST helpful is chilling the frick out, realising I only got cycles back this year anyway and my body has been through a lot the last 2 decades, but also just eating heaps and (the real hard one) walking for an hour a day tops. I honestly think that would make a difference and that there's something to the fact that I just can't not. It's the FIRST THING every wise educated human has said to temporarily cut back on but the last thing I've been willing to change. Today is day 1. An hour of hiking through the hills that surround my place is plenty and beautiful and more is not necessary right now. I can do this. Actually, I can't not do this. For some reason, yesterday I could barely move. I had to run around chasing a broken brakelight but today I'm more than happy not to move. This last week I've been so intensely slowed down. My body. My brain etc. Thyroid issues run in our family but I know it's not that. I think it's psychological. It came out of nowhere. But gotta resolve it.

Ah. Cue tears again. Not totally sure why. But this has to stop. hehe
#6 Old 08-13-2016, 09:42 PM
Not such a Beginner ;)

((((Hugs)))) B&B! I'm glad your partner will be back soon!
Beets&Beats likes this.
#7 Old 08-14-2016, 02:53 AM
Veggie Regular

Nyaw thanks. And me too! It's been a great day here actually. I like this stillness. I'll get used to it. One hike through the trees was plenty and the rest of the time I got work done and watched Spirited Away! ha. I think the random tears have something to do with cycle. I don't get emotional beforehand and I don't get cramps beforehand but around the tail end 7 day mark I get cramps and shaking legs and weirdness. My cycle is just weird. Or I am. For not just letting it and life be. Maybe both...

I hope your weekend has been lovely. Seems things have shifted for a lot of people
LedBoots likes this.
#8 Old 11-22-2017, 10:27 AM
nat

I take it and it helps my severe pms cramps but nothin else sadly. I get brutal periods.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page