Easy period! - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Beets&Beats

#1 Old 08-09-2016, 02:39 AM
Veggie Regular

Location: Melbourne, Australia. A haven of a country! But my heart is where my earliest years were spent in California and Canada as well...
Easy period!

Yay!

I just wanted to post a positive post in place of some of my crampier 'Why do I suddenly have a 10 day heavy cycle?' posts...

Maybe it took a while for being veg again to sink back in but this month, I had medium flow for half a day and light/medium the rest of the time which is TOTALLY MANAGEABLE. Plus It's only day 3 and I think it's easing off.

As per the last few months I've also had NO pms, no insomnia. Sleeping well, no cramps, in a great mood!

Slightly concerned that a) I don't quite know what made it like this but it's a fluke and that b) next one will be lighter and they'll stop all together which really doesn't help the whole trying to conceive thing but...

I'm just being a worry wart control freak.
Letting it go and appreciating flow (no pun intended). Thanks for the PMs and the thread help. Having more than 2 cycle a year at all is new to this 31 year old and awesome.

Now to see if maybe it can not be a 47 day regularity...
David3 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 08-09-2016, 03:45 PM
Veggie Regular

Location: Melbourne, Australia. A haven of a country! But my heart is where my earliest years were spent in California and Canada as well...
Ah, balls.

I'm actually a little concerned this morning. It stopped yesterday afternoon. Which given that it started halfway through the day before yesterday makes it about 2 days with 1 day 'medium' and 1 day 'light' and normally it's heavy for 8 and light for 2.

I shouldn't be concerned I guess....? Has anybody else had this happen? I actually had a scan just after the last cycle to check for various hereditary things and they noted that my lining was 'more than ample' so it's not scant because I'm malnourished or something... where has this 'ample lining' gone?

I could make a doctor's appointment but it seems silly considering I'd actually gone 2 months ago to see why they were 10 days long and heavy for the last 5 or so...

I'm sure it's fine... fine....
#3 Old 08-09-2016, 05:27 PM
Vegan since 1991

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beets&Beats View Post
Ah, balls.

I'm actually a little concerned this morning. It stopped yesterday afternoon. Which given that it started halfway through the day before yesterday makes it about 2 days with 1 day 'medium' and 1 day 'light' and normally it's heavy for 8 and light for 2.

I shouldn't be concerned I guess....? Has anybody else had this happen? I actually had a scan just after the last cycle to check for various hereditary things and they noted that my lining was 'more than ample' so it's not scant because I'm malnourished or something... where has this 'ample lining' gone?

I could make a doctor's appointment but it seems silly considering I'd actually gone 2 months ago to see why they were 10 days long and heavy for the last 5 or so...

I'm sure it's fine... fine....

You might find it extremely informative (and stress-relieving) to make an appointment with a Registered Dietitian who specializes in maternal nutrition, and in vegetarian nutrition. Such dietitians have detailed understanding of nutrition, fertility, and pregnancy.

You can ask your physician to refer you to such a Registered Dietitian, or you can choose one yourself through the Association of UK Dietitians: http://www.freelancedietitians.org/ (are you in the UK?).

_________

Specific recommendations for a healthy diet include: eating more fruit, vegetables, legumes, nuts and grains; cutting down on salt, sugar and fats. It is also advisable to choose unsaturated fats, instead of saturated fats and towards the elimination of trans-fatty acids."
- United Nations' World Health Organization
http://www.who.int/topics/diet/en/

Last edited by David3; 08-09-2016 at 05:32 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 08-12-2016, 12:00 AM
Veggie Regular

Y'know what? I'll do that. I saw a dietician with the whole Coeliac thing but not a vego one or one with fertility in mind. Not in the UK but it's possible. Thankyou, and good point!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page