crazy hormones - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 08-08-2004, 09:15 PM
Veggie Regular

Ok, so P.M.S has never really hit me too hard. A little bloating and slight mopey-ness. And I never really get crazy when I have my period. But I'm about 3 days into my period and tonight I frrreaked out. At first I started *****ing left and right. My sister's boyfriend told me to shut up at one point during the evening and I shouted "shut the f*ck up! Jesus F*ckin' Christ I hate you!" And my friend kept critiquing the channel i was on and I wanted to scream. Then i started freaking out about my cat (who we believe has this upper-respiritory thing due to feline herpes) and sobbing and saying "Carlos is gonna die." And then I just ended up doing this crying/laughing thing and everyone thought I was on crazy drugs or something. And while driving people home, when my sister's boyfriend accelerated and/or made quick turns I would start sobbing. You think this is hormones, right? Has anyone ever been hit this hard with them? I was acting really weird. Thankfully, I was around people who were close to me so they knew I wasn't a total psycho.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 08-08-2004, 09:36 PM
Beginner

Could be hormones. God knows I've had periods like that. Drives my boyfriend insane. He's learned over the years to smile, nod, and just wait for me to be a sane (ok, semi-sane) person again in a few days. He deserves a medal.

If it reappears next month, don't hesitate to discuss options with your doctor. If you've experienced significant changes in life recently (change in life situation or medication, or stress) that can definately make matters worse.

Trying to relax, put things in perspective, and attend to your needs (like sleeping or eating when the need arises even if it isn't "time") when you feel like that helps somewhat. Also repeating-"This isn't that big a deal. I'm just feeling wacky from all those hormones" may make a difference in perspective.
#3 Old 08-08-2004, 10:07 PM
Veggie Regular

i have no idea what it is

mine never gets that bad, i'll be a b*tch to my bf but he knows why and forgives me ..... and gives me hugs and stuff so that kinda helps

i also take lots and lots of painkillers and that makes me a little friendlier

maybe you're stressed out ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 08-09-2004, 03:59 AM
Veggie Regular

Are you getting enough B6? I had some similar reactions, but during PMS. I would feel like being violent one minute, and want to curl up in the fetal postion the next. Freaked me out. I ended up supplementing B6 separately starting about a week before, and that seemed to help in the following months.
#5 Old 08-09-2004, 08:30 AM
Veggie Regular

ive had a few moments similar to that..

wish i had some good advice, but i really dont know why it happens..my best guess would be hormones....

hope your feeling better now tho...
#6 Old 08-09-2004, 08:33 AM
Banned

god, I know the feeling you're talking about. It's terrible, isn't it? every bloody thing makes you just want to scream at the top of your lungs. EVERYthing is frustrating, little tasks seem impossible, the world seems like it's against you...its terrible.

unfortunately, when I'm going through that, I don't get much sympathy, because the people around me already think I'm psycho. So I don't think they notice that I feel even worse than normal...lately I've been feeling pretty much depressed and pms-y all the time, that's just when it gets worse. anyways, sorry.

My suggestion is, if you even so much as feel any frustration coming on, quietly remove yourself from the company of others. Read a good book, take a nice bath, spend some time with yourself. The frustration won't go away, but you're less likely to annoy yourself than other people are. If there is someone important, like a boyfriend, who you do want around because he can sit there with you and try to help you feel better, let him know how you're feeling and ask if he could be with you. If it still seems like everyone one and everything in the world is out to get you, put on some loud music and do mad dancing around your room! hope you feel better soon, hon.
#7 Old 08-09-2004, 06:33 PM
Veggie Regular

Thanks so much for the advice. I also had a lot of trouble sleeping last night (yikes) and couldn't konk out until 7 a.m. blergh. christy, I don't know about the B6, I haven't been taking my vitamins lately. (must do, must do...) Now that I'm reading my label, I see that it covers B6 five-fold.

Vicky, Porvida,
#8 Old 08-09-2004, 06:34 PM
Veggie Regular

I think my multi at that time had it, too, but I took it as a separate supplement. Probably not good, but it seemed to help. Placebo effect?
#9 Old 08-09-2004, 06:36 PM

I don't have much advice (but I must try the other's!) but you are not alone! I get SO emotional when I'm PMSing. I cry at the drop of a hat, during sappy commercials! Most of the time I jsut go for a good walk or run. Boosts endorphins and makes me feel as though I'm getting away from the situation, even if its just temporarily. It really seems to clear my head! I hope you feel better soon!!
#10 Old 08-09-2004, 08:42 PM
Veggie Regular

Wow! I've had my bad moments but PMS has never hit me that hard before. Maybe there are other factors making it worse (not sleeping enough, not eating right, extra-stress)?

I always take Pamprin during the first couple days of my period because it does wonders for bloating and pain. It's supposed to help with mood swings too, though I'm not sure if it does much for that...seeing how I don't usually have severe mood swings anyway. But maybe you could try it.

It's not in what you say, it's in what you do (Oasis)

Feeling bored? Why don't you wander over to my blog sometime. http://thebohemiankitchen.wordpress.com
#11 Old 08-09-2004, 09:14 PM
Veggie Regular

I sometimes get really emotional.

I once started crying during a tissue commercial!

Sorry, I don't have much advice for you except sleep, drink heaps of water and try to do stuff where you feel better and are not around too many people.
#12 Old 08-09-2004, 10:33 PM

I get that occasionally too. Thankfully it is pretty rare.

But yeah I have no advice.. But it's only happened once to you so it probably won't be a regular thing anyway!
#13 Old 08-10-2004, 08:29 AM
Veggie Regular

ha, thanks you guys...good to know I'm not alone. it was kinda scary

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page