• 1 Post By Capstan
  • 1 Post By mrgrimm
  • 2 Post By lookforstars
  • 2 Post By Celestine
  • 1 Post By Beautiful Joe
  • 1 Post By Lorina

#1 Old 08-24-2015, 08:34 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to Lorina
(May contain triggers.) Struggling mentally...

I'm sorry. I have no idea what I'm about to write so I'm going to include a trigger warning but I'm really struggling mentally right now.

I just don't want to be here anymore. I feel it's all pointless. I feel nothing. I wish I felt something I just can't. It's like profound nothingness.

We never really touch anything.

I don't expect anyone to understand. Don't even know why I'm writing this, especially here. I can't be bothered. Sorry.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 08-24-2015, 09:21 PM
Vegan since 1991

Hi Lorina,

You are not alone - a great many people understand this feeling. You are experiencing severe depression, and I guarantee that therapy can help you to feel better - maybe not perfect, but better.

If you've had a bad experience with therapy in the past, I beg you to try again. Every psychologist is different. You just need to try a different one, someone who fits your needs.

Right now, please call one of the phone numbers at this (U.K.) website. You may not think that this will help you. Or, you may not think that you are suffering quite this badly. I can assure you that now is the time for you to call. Your life is too important for you to suffer any further: http://www.suicide.org/hotlines/inte...-hotlines.html

_________

Specific recommendations for a healthy diet include: eating more fruit, vegetables, legumes, nuts and grains; cutting down on salt, sugar and fats. It is also advisable to choose unsaturated fats, instead of saturated fats and towards the elimination of trans-fatty acids."
- United Nations' World Health Organization
http://www.who.int/topics/diet/en/

Last edited by David3; 08-24-2015 at 09:30 PM.
#3 Old 08-24-2015, 09:43 PM

Thanks David. I'll call crisis. Maybe you're right. Xx

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 08-25-2015, 12:49 AM
Super Moderator

((Hugs))

Let us know how you get on, Lorina.
Capstan and Lorina like this.
#5 Old 08-25-2015, 01:00 AM
Impeach the gangster

So sorry you're feeling down, Lorina. That's no fun at all. Believe it or not, there are people in the world who care about you. Yes, make the call. And keep in touch. Hope you're smiling soon.

Lorina likes this.

"There is more wisdom in the song of a bird, than in the speech of a philosopher...." -Oahspe
"The thing is, you cannot judge a race. Any man who judges by the group is a pea-wit. You take men one at a time." -Buster Kilrain, The Killer Angels -Michael Shaara
"Anyone who doesn't believe in miracles isn't a realist." -Billy Wilder
#6 Old 08-25-2015, 04:37 AM
Beginner

Are you able to get some exercise? Maybe go for a nice walk into the woods to see the natural beauty of this amazing and diverse planet we live on. Take some big deep breaths of fresh forest air, and get some sun on your skin!

Being around people, in a people world with all the people junk and madness, is enough to get any right minded individual into a rut of negativity...gotta escape that in positive way
Lorina likes this.
#7 Old 08-25-2015, 05:39 AM

Yeah i really understand that numb feeling you get, it's horrible. I do hope you managed to seek some help and that you are hopefully feeling a little better now. I was in your position about 4 months ago, and trust me it definitely can get better. And anyway, every being deserves a healthy happy life - and that includes you. Look after yourself hun x
LedBoots and Lorina like this.
#8 Old 08-25-2015, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorina View Post
I'm sorry. I have no idea what I'm about to write so I'm going to include a trigger warning but I'm really struggling mentally right now.

I just don't want to be here anymore. I feel it's all pointless. I feel nothing. I wish I felt something I just can't. It's like profound nothingness.

We never really touch anything.

I don't expect anyone to understand. Don't even know why I'm writing this, especially here. I can't be bothered. Sorry.

I think that there are more people than you realize who can relate to your feelings (myself included). Whatever else you might feel, keep in mind that there are others who have been down similar roads to yourself and came out OK.

But, you must keep this discussion going. You might feel a strong instinct to withdraw from other people... this, among all other things, is what you really have to fight against. Keep talking about it, and keep talking to us. You might also feel that this is pointless, futile; but nothing could be further from the truth. You, like all other people, deserve a shot at happiness. And you've just taken a step towards that by posting this.

Can you explain what your daily life is like, I wonder? It's good to talk. : )
LedBoots and Lorina like this.
#9 Old 08-25-2015, 10:47 AM

Thank you all... It's nice to feel cared about. I suffer with my mental health sometimes because along with my physical health problems (I have some form of chronic fatigue but they don't know what) I also have BPD (Borderline Personality Disorder, not Bi-Polar disorder) so my disposition changes all the time. My life is pretty boring in general. I really don't do a lot because often I can't. I'm at home with my animals. They keep me busy and sane most of the time and I'm glad I have some companionship but sometimes it all gets too much. Definitely as mrgrimm said, it's difficult not to get dragged down with all the insanity we see around us.

Thank you for the encouragement to keep talking. Honestly I would have just never replied if not for that.

I'm actually meant to start therapy soon but all these things take so long often you will have a few major episodes before you get the help you need. I called crisis and feel a bit better. I just got really tired and fell asleep until like 3:30pm. Often I think the fatigue side of things is more caused by the mental health side of things than the other way around. I'm so sorry to make this all about me Xx

Last edited by Lorina; 08-25-2015 at 06:33 PM.
#10 Old 08-26-2015, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Thank you all... It's nice to feel cared about. I suffer with my mental health sometimes because along with my physical health problems (I have some form of chronic fatigue but they don't know what) I also have BPD (Borderline Personality Disorder, not Bi-Polar disorder) so my disposition changes all the time. My life is pretty boring in general. I really don't do a lot because often I can't. I'm at home with my animals. They keep me busy and sane most of the time and I'm glad I have some companionship but sometimes it all gets too much. Definitely as mrgrimm said, it's difficult not to get dragged down with all the insanity we see around us.
I confess I'm not familiar with BPD. When I went through a phase of depression, my moods were quite erratic and at points it felt impossible to retain relationships because my friends couldn't understand why I was so unpredictable and took it personally. If your position is similar to what mine once was, then I can really relate to that. I think social contact is an incredibly important thing, but it can be so difficult to cultivate (and it's hard enough communicating in an age where people have their faces pressed against their smartphones most of the time!).

What kind of animals do you have?

Quote:
Thank you for the encouragement to keep talking. Honestly I would have just never replied if not for that.
Then I'm very glad I responded. : )

Quote:
I'm actually meant to start therapy soon but all these things take so long often you will have a few major episodes before you get the help you need. I called crisis and feel a bit better. I just got really tired and fell asleep until like 3:30pm. Often I think the fatigue side of things is more caused by the mental health side of things than the other way around. I'm so sorry to make this all about me Xx
That sounds great, although I'm sorry you have to wait. Let us know how it goes.
#11 Old 08-26-2015, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestine View Post
I confess I'm not familiar with BPD. When I went through a phase of depression, my moods were quite erratic and at points it felt impossible to retain relationships because my friends couldn't understand why I was so unpredictable and took it personally. If your position is similar to what mine once was, then I can really relate to that. I think social contact is an incredibly important thing, but it can be so difficult to cultivate (and it's hard enough communicating in an age where people have their faces pressed against their smartphones most of the time!).

What kind of animals do you have?

Then I'm very glad I responded. : )

That sounds great, although I'm sorry you have to wait. Let us know how it goes.
I think the word erratic sums up the condition quite well. And it's very difficult to be around a person with BPD because they sort of end up sabotaging relationships. I say they as if it doesn't also apply to me but it does. And you're right it's difficult for me as it is to form relationships but even more so with the disconnect so prevalent in society at the moment.

I share my house with a ferret named Leo, a cat named Socks and a hamster named Nibbles, although Nibbles is 3 so I don't know how much longer he'll be with us, and Socks is 20.

Thank you for your care and concern. I'll let you know what happens if I ever start therapy lol xx

#12 Old 08-26-2015, 10:08 AM
Veggie Regular

Mental health issues are such a struggle, and, as you noted, so extremely fatiguing.

I hope that you won't have much longer to wait to begin therapy, and that it will be beneficial. *hug*
#13 Old 08-26-2015, 12:46 PM

Thank you Beautiful Joe. *Hug for you too*

#14 Old 08-27-2015, 05:12 AM

I went to my GP today who has changed my medication. The new one contains lactose... bit of a concern to me. Apparently they can't offer me anything else... xx

#15 Old 08-27-2015, 08:22 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
I went to my GP today who has changed my medication. The new one contains lactose... bit of a concern to me. Apparently they can't offer me anything else... xx

Your life is at stake. Do what is needful.
LedBoots likes this.
#16 Old 08-27-2015, 10:01 AM

Ok. I am going to although I'm not comfortable with it. Thank you xx

LedBoots likes this.
#17 Old 10-27-2015, 11:58 PM

So how are you feeling now??

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page