Official TTC/Fertility Support Thread - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 21Likes

#1 Old 08-18-2015, 08:25 AM
Super Moderator

Official TTC/Fertility Support Thread

This thread is for women who are trying to conceive and to discuss fertility.

Good luck, ladies!

no whey jose likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 08-18-2015, 09:04 AM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Babbies! C'mon ladies, get crackin'!
#3 Old 08-18-2015, 09:52 AM
Veggie Regular

So I have seen mention of fertility apps ... what are these? Are they any cop?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 08-18-2015, 11:05 AM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shallot View Post
So I have seen mention of fertility apps ... what are these? Are they any cop?
Yes, they are great! (I work in an OB office and love when the patients have these apps as they are great trackers!)
http://www.fitpregnancy.com/pregnanc...fertility-apps
#5 Old 08-18-2015, 12:07 PM
Super Moderator

Do you use a period tracker, Shallot? I do and it tracks my fertility too. The app notifies me when I'm in the window for ovulation.

no whey jose likes this.
#6 Old 08-18-2015, 12:15 PM
Super Moderator

This is Period Tracker Lite (free on my iPhone in the US):

My cycle is 27 days on average (the app tells me). You can add notes about how you felt on certain days, track intimacy dates, stuff like that. I know when I'm ovulating because I feel changed and sharp pain, but this helps me know when it's coming up. You can change notifications so you know when your period is coming and when your fertility window is open. I love it.

Last edited by danakscully64; 08-18-2015 at 12:18 PM.
#7 Old 08-18-2015, 12:16 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LedBoots View Post
Babbies! C'mon ladies, get crackin'!
We're trying, we're trying!

If not a baby, maybe more cats.

LedBoots and no whey jose like this.
#8 Old 08-19-2015, 03:36 AM
Veggie Regular

I've just used my google calendar - and track my periods that way. I then know when I'm due to ovulate (because I'm pretty regular) and it sends me a little reminder. And of course the pee sticks.

So this month my period was early (which can happen when I get super stressed - which I am) - and I've not had the usual up and down of PMS.

I'll have a look at the apps and see if they will simplify things. :-)
#9 Old 08-19-2015, 04:26 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
I've just used my google calendar - and track my periods that way. I then know when I'm due to ovulate (because I'm pretty regular) and it sends me a little reminder. And of course the pee sticks.

So this month my period was early (which can happen when I get super stressed - which I am) - and I've not had the usual up and down of PMS.

I'll have a look at the apps and see if they will simplify things. :-)
The one I used was called Clue: http://www.helloclue.com
#10 Old 08-19-2015, 06:02 AM
Veggie Regular

Interesting! Can you share this with your other half - my fiance travels a bit for work and we've missed about 4 months due to his work schedule.
#11 Old 10-28-2015, 12:00 AM

get rid of infertility problem.... this problem will not let your baby come in the society...
#12 Old 10-28-2015, 08:10 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitaSofat View Post
get rid of infertility problem.... this problem will not let your baby come in the society...
Say what?

no whey jose likes this.
#13 Old 11-10-2015, 03:39 AM

I am saying that infertility is the problem that don't let you conceive a baby.
#14 Old 11-10-2015, 04:03 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitaSofat View Post
I am saying that infertility is the problem that don't let you conceive a baby.
Yes, we understand this. It's not so easy to "get rid" of infertility.

no whey jose likes this.
#15 Old 11-11-2015, 05:30 AM
Veggie Regular

Even finding the root cause of infertility is a bit of a problem...

We're off to the IVF clinic this weekend to get results (from blood tests). We've already established that my vit D levels are fine (wohoo) that his vit D levels are shocking (oops). We've established that I don't weigh enough (yes I know - I'm working on it - I've gained 7 kg / 15.5lbs since last winter). I need to relax more - or rather I need to stop being an anxiety ridden mess of a human being with a sprinkling of neuroses on top.

To ensure that all of this will work out really well ... I'm having a bad time at work, my Uncle has passed away, the wedding venue website got hacked and sent out bogus billing info, my Father has been in and out of hospital, I still can't sleep, stuff keeps breaking in the house ... etc. You know life keeps happening.

So I am now more stressed and have lost 3kg (6.5lbs). We're also taking a 3month break from 'trying' so that at least that isn't weighing on my mind.
#16 Old 11-11-2015, 06:33 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Even finding the root cause of infertility is a bit of a problem...

We're off to the IVF clinic this weekend to get results (from blood tests). We've already established that my vit D levels are fine (wohoo) that his vit D levels are shocking (oops). We've established that I don't weigh enough (yes I know - I'm working on it - I've gained 7 kg / 15.5lbs since last winter). I need to relax more - or rather I need to stop being an anxiety ridden mess of a human being with a sprinkling of neuroses on top.

To ensure that all of this will work out really well ... I'm having a bad time at work, my Uncle has passed away, the wedding venue website got hacked and sent out bogus billing info, my Father has been in and out of hospital, I still can't sleep, stuff keeps breaking in the house ... etc. You know life keeps happening.

So I am now more stressed and have lost 3kg (6.5lbs). We're also taking a 3month break from 'trying' so that at least that isn't weighing on my mind.
Are you ovulating like clockwork? I know being underweight can prevent ovulation.

I'm sorry you're going through some rough stuff in your life. Definitely take a break from trying and focus on other things. I'm still here for support

Shallot likes this.
#17 Old 11-11-2015, 10:48 PM
Super Moderator

Hugs @Shallot
Shallot likes this.
#18 Old 11-12-2015, 01:12 AM
Veggie Regular

Thanks guys. :-) I was feeling very whingey yesterday. Am in much better spirits today.

Still menstruating like clockwork, I think I'm still ovulating but with only home kits for testing I can't be 100% sure ... I know from experience where my BMI/weight cut off is for no more periods.

I think that what I need is a few weeks or months of stuff not happening.
#19 Old 11-12-2015, 02:05 PM
Super Moderator

Has your partner been checked yet? (I know we may have discussed this before in another thread, I can't remember).

#20 Old 11-14-2015, 08:05 AM
Veggie Regular

So we have all our results and we are within normal parameters for our ages ... so essentially it's what they call 'unexplained infertility'. I have one more appointment (with a gyno) to go for the internal stuff and after that we're looking at IVF. Groan.
I just don't want to think about any of this. it's exhausting.
#21 Old 11-15-2015, 03:05 PM
Super Moderator

#22 Old 12-31-2015, 01:29 AM
Veggie Regular

So I had a whole new slew of blood tests ... groan ... because the GP wanted to get a bunch more (progesterone, iron, thyroid & AMH again).

He's normal. I'm normal - nothing has come back out of the unusual. This is all good. I am ovulating (progesterone levels are consistent with ovulation). We're doing the horizontal tango at the right time.

After new year we go back to the GP to have my tubes looked at I guess ... he can't do another sperm test (because he's had a fever - and you're supposed to wait two weeks to get back to normal).

It's perplexing me. I don't understand what we could do differently. There has to be a problem somewhere or I'd be pregnant. So now I'm worrying about what could be wrong internally and about my lack of weight gain (not thyroid related - I've just had that checked - again).
#23 Old 12-31-2015, 02:41 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
So I had a whole new slew of blood tests ... groan ... because the GP wanted to get a bunch more (progesterone, iron, thyroid & AMH again).

He's normal. I'm normal - nothing has come back out of the unusual. This is all good. I am ovulating (progesterone levels are consistent with ovulation). We're doing the horizontal tango at the right time.

After new year we go back to the GP to have my tubes looked at I guess ... he can't do another sperm test (because he's had a fever - and you're supposed to wait two weeks to get back to normal).

It's perplexing me. I don't understand what we could do differently. There has to be a problem somewhere or I'd be pregnant. So now I'm worrying about what could be wrong internally and about my lack of weight gain (not thyroid related - I've just had that checked - again).
Hugs, @Shallot . I can't know what you're going through, but I certainly hope you find out what's wrong. I have heard of couples who try for ages and then suddenly fall pregnant when they aren't! It's not a lost cause.
#24 Old 12-31-2015, 04:59 AM

Hey Shallot, I had the same thing. Unexplained infertility. Very frustrating, I remember thinking that it would be easier to just know that something was totally broken and kids would never happen! I went through IVF (easy stuff, much easier than the actually fertility testing, which it sounds like you've already done) and eventually I did have twins via IVF! Most times IVF does eventually work, and most successful IVF does result in twins.
My twins (girl and boy) are now 7 years old.
I know it is hard waiting and not knowing. Easy for me to tell you to relax and take it easy. I just wish I could go back in time and let myself know that all would work out.
Best of luck to you
#25 Old 12-31-2015, 06:53 AM
Veggie Regular

Thanks ... it would be 'easier' if there was a 'smoking gun' because then we could try to fix the problem.

As it is ... It's just more appointments.

I'm going to drown my sorrows in tea ... am off the booze again after Christmas.
#26 Old 01-05-2016, 11:17 AM

So, this isn't really related to the ongoing conversation, but it does relate to the overall topic of the thread. I just want to take a moment to whine about the fact that early pregnancy symptoms and PMS are nearly identical. My partner and I aren't officially TTC until after I get in for a pre-conception check up (which I'm avoiding because I hate going to the doctor, and I feel like I should be more organized with our family and personal medical histories before I go in.) Anyway, despite not officially trying, we may have jumped the gun a bit. I'm pretty sure I'm just getting my hopes up, turning molehills into mountains and all that, but it would be so nice if I knew how to tell the difference between intense PMS and actual early pregnancy.
#27 Old 03-23-2016, 03:15 AM
Veggie Regular

After some spectacular fun and games with results not being where they should I have finally been through all of the tests. I've had enough blood taken to feed a vampire army (slight exaggeration but honestly feel a bit like a pin cushion these days). I hate hospitals - really really hate them. They make me panic (I've had a spectacularly bad experience as a very young child and yes I've had therapy and no it's not as bad as it was - because I'm totally able to go to a hospital and not wig out if it's for someone else) and so repeated hospital visits leave me drained and emotional. Fun times.
#28 Old 03-23-2016, 08:38 AM
Beginner

Hi Shallot, I'm sorry to hear about your experience. Glad that you are finally done with all the tests...hopefully now that it is done, you don't have to go back to the hospital anymore. It sounds like the hospital is stressful for you. So, now that you've done all the tests that you can do, at least now you can concentrate on making yourself happy and stress-free.

When I was having fertility issues (5 unexplained miscarriages) I found that success stories were calming and encouraging and made me feel a bit better. When I was feeling down, I read almost every success story here http://natural-fertility-info.com/new-success-stories. As an aside, my co-worker had trouble conceiving for years and it wasn't until after she gave up trying and got a new job that she became pregnant with her son! Wishing you the best!

Jenn
Shallot likes this.
#29 Old 04-04-2016, 10:13 PM
Veggie Regular

Location: Melbourne, Australia. A haven of a country! But my heart is where my earliest years were spent in California and Canada as well...
I'm so excited to be in this thread! ehehe
This is my 3rd month trying and only my 4th month of having a cycle at all (in a row, I mean. I used to get them once in a while...).
I'm not sure if it was the undiagnosed Coeliac disease I'm now looking after or if it was all the soy (that I happened to stop when I stopped eating gluten. Started drinking milk again. I heard later that soy can stop periods. My mood swings also stopped...but various reactions to dairy started up again) but periods have actually been happening! Exciting! Except that I've become super-anal about what foods I'm eating to not lose it again. No soy. Forcing in slightly-sickening dairy. Etc. and as per the doctors orders I even tried eating meat. And hated it. So back to veggo I went and this month am even without the dairy. So just eggs and plant foods.

But now this month I'm sadly 2 days late and a no show. Cramps but no bleeding and negative pregnancy tests. So on one hand am gutted and feel broken but on the other hand it's almost like now I'm back at the bottom and might just eat what I want because I have nothing to lose...

Has anybody else found diet has made a difference to things?
#30 Old 04-04-2016, 10:14 PM
Veggie Regular

Location: Melbourne, Australia. A haven of a country! But my heart is where my earliest years were spent in California and Canada as well...
Wow, that sounded quite flippant. Interesting considering when I didn't get a positive result OR a period (either feels like a victory these days) I cried in the bathroom for 2 hours. Ha. Glamorous...
I just liked feeling like I was a working body and like the future was shiny . Also like I was doing something right to bring it back. But clearly it was totally random...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page