Do I look unhealthy to you? - Page 2 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 68Likes

#31 Old 08-20-2015, 03:58 PM

You look absolutely beautiful. I've just started going vegan and the first thing my family said was that I should go to my doctor to make sure there were no interactions with my medication. I'm on birth control and anti-depressants, and while I'm still taking them, I'm feeling a lot better mentally making this active change in my life than I have in a long time. I am going to discuss this with my doctor and psychologist when I see them next, but going on a vegan diet so far has been an amazing change for me health-wise.
LedBoots likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 08-20-2015, 04:49 PM

Thumbs up you all look great & healthy! Believe in yourself!

I'm older and vegan........... it is never too late!
I too get comments similar to what you all are saying...
But then I get just as many nice compliments!!
Wish I knew how to put a photo of myself on here and you can see how being a vegan
keeps even the 60s 70s year olds healthy too. I see so many with diabetes it's like
an epidemic or something. That was another factor of why I went vegan. Not to mention
my kids who are all vegan. It is truly a healthy way to live. And I just had my blood work done and I'm healthier then I was 4 years ago!
#33 Old 08-20-2015, 05:36 PM
jmb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docbanana View Post
Attachment 11369
Attachment 11377

Here are 2 photos, one in 2008, the other last week. I went from a BMI of 44.4 to 24.8 (morbidly obese to high end of the normal BMI range)

Despite outward appearance, I was actually healthy in both photos, from the standpoint of not having any active disease that a doctor needed to treat me for (though when heavier I was not taking good care of myself and was on a bad trajectory, health wise).

I'm doing better today but still have some areas where I'd like to grow! We all do, I suppose!
Congrats to you and your health!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#34 Old 08-20-2015, 06:13 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Vegan View Post
I see so many with diabetes it's like an epidemic or something. That was another factor of why I went vegan. Not to mention my kids who are all vegan. It is truly a healthy way to live. And I just had my blood work done and I'm healthier then I was 4 years ago!
so true. type II diabetes is an epidemic. it used to be a relatively rare thing. now even young kids are showing signs of what they used to call "adult onset type diabetes."

my bloodwork improved, too. it was because i made better choices.
#35 Old 08-20-2015, 06:16 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Vegan View Post
I'm older and vegan........... it is never too late!
I too get comments similar to what you all are saying...
But then I get just as many nice compliments!!
Wish I knew how to put a photo of myself on here and you can see how being a vegan
keeps even the 60s 70s year olds healthy too. I see so many with diabetes it's like
an epidemic or something. That was another factor of why I went vegan. Not to mention
my kids who are all vegan. It is truly a healthy way to live. And I just had my blood work done and I'm healthier then I was 4 years ago!
To attach a photo there are two ways i am aware of.

One is to select the "go advanced" button (below the reply to thread box) when replying to a thread. Once in that screen, scroll to the bottom and you will see a "manage attachments" button. Click on that and it will allow you to go to your documents on your computer and select the photo you want to upload. Once you do that, then click "upload" and then close the window. To make sure your photo will work, you can click preview post to see if it shows up. I'm terrible at giving written directions lol so I hope that made sense. If you store your photos in an online program like Flickr or Photobucket, you can copy the URL to that photo. When you post in the reply box here, look for a yellow picture symbol at the top of the reply box. Click on that and it gives you a prompt to enter the URL. Again you can preview your post to make sure it works. I hope this helps!

In the end, only kindness matters. - Jewel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#36 Old 08-20-2015, 06:46 PM
Veggie Regular

OP, you look great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collated Style View Post
Can you share some pictures of yourselves (all PG please) so I can show that vegan = healthy.
Sure. Here's me and the missus. Just your typical pale, sickly, weak-looking vegans. By the way, I'm 51 and she's 44.

#37 Old 08-21-2015, 02:59 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kona View Post
OP, you look great!

Sure. Here's me and the missus. Just your typical pale, sickly, weak-looking vegans. By the way, I'm 51 and she's 44.

Your ages are similar to mine and my partner. He is 51 and I am 43. Nice looking couple!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#38 Old 08-21-2015, 03:11 AM
Veggie Regular

These are recent pics of me. Not the greatest quality but I am not a huge fan of the camera lol. In the first I am at an outdoor movie event wearing my vegan T shirt. My husband is standing next to me but for the sake of his privacy I cut him out (no other reason lol). I love to cycle to work and the gym and mountain bike in the woods so I had to include a pic of me with my bike too. I don't think I look too bad for 43. My health isn't perfect per say. I have long standing but well controlled treated hypothyroidism I've had for 27 years (I am on a lower dosage of thyroid med in the 4.5 years I have been vegan than I was before though). I have osteoporosis diagnosed since 2006 due to a variety of reasons (NOT from strictly being vegan). I can still lift fifty pounds over my head and carry a canoe so my bones, while not in great shape, are not THAT bad. Otherwise though, blood and other tests have proven that I have excellent cholesterol, triglycerides, glucose levels etc. My hemoglobin and iron are smack in the middle of normal range. Vitamin D levels are good. Heart/vascular system are working mighty fine. I have a thick head of hair, no wrinkles, and I am active daily. I can kick some butt at the gym too.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Me With Vegan Shirt on.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	11433   Click image for larger version

Name:	81615 Mission Creek Mountain Bike Ttail Elaine Bike Photos 006.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	166.3 KB
ID:	11441  

#39 Old 09-04-2015, 10:20 PM

wow all you guys look GREAT!!!
no whey jose likes this.
#40 Old 10-27-2015, 11:56 PM

You are gorgeous............ awesome personality you have.... I would like to be like you.... How you have maintained yourself?

Tags
fit , healthy , women’s health , womens health

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page