Health Education: Learning to feel comfortable with your own body - Page 4 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#91 Old 02-15-2005, 07:25 PM
Veggie Regular

I like...hmmm

1. I love my breasts, i used to hate them because i was the only 'developed' one in my group. But its just fun to look like a saloon whore sometimes.

2. My lips, they're just so soft and lovely.

3. My cheeks, they're naturally rosy so i never need to use blush

4. My calves that look damn fine in a skirt

5. My wacky sense of humour (i'm a card)

6. My brain, its got me pretty far

7. My neck and collarbone, for some reason whenever my bf kisses it, our just caresses it i get SO turned on! (weirdness)

8. My smile, because apparently it looks very natural when i pose for pictures. And after spending thousands of dollars on it i should cherish it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#92 Old 02-16-2005, 09:01 AM
Veggie Regular

OK ladies I did my homework...

Nose- Because it's cute and has a nosering. It lets me smell everything from the yummy pesto, soup or chili simmering on the stove, gorgeous flowers from Mr. vggiegirl...or whether there's too much smoke in the oven, or if my kitties aren't feeling well

Eyes- Because they are green and Irish and quite expressive. Whether I'm engrossed in Scrubs or NYPD Blue...a good cookbook or a great novel...a copy of the Onion

They let me cry when I need to cry, they sparkle when I'm happy but barely glimmer when I'm sad.

Feet- Despite the beating they've taken from my no shoes, hippie dress wearing days...I love my long slender toes, the same as my grandma had. They may not be perfect or smooth, but they get me to where I'm going and they are rubbed often and vigorously by my bf

Breasts- Normally I hate them. But lately, as I lay naked in bed, I like how they look in the light of the TV or a candle or just the street lights. When I raise my arms up just so, they look stunning

They aren't as firm or perky or smooth as I wish, but they are healthy and that's the most important thing.

Arms- Tattoos, moles, freckles, slender wrists...I love my arms. Whether I am holding my kitties in them, or carrying laundry, or hugging my man..they aren't bad
#93 Old 02-16-2005, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vggiegirl View Post

OK ladies I did my homework...

Nose- Because it's cute and has a nosering. It lets me smell everything from the yummy pesto, soup or chili simmering on the stove, gorgeous flowers from Mr. vggiegirl...or whether there's too much smoke in the oven, or if my kitties aren't feeling well

Eyes- Because they are green and Irish and quite expressive. Whether I'm engrossed in Scrubs or NYPD Blue...a good cookbook or a great novel...a copy of the Onion

They let me cry when I need to cry, they sparkle when I'm happy but barely glimmer when I'm sad.

Feet- Despite the beating they've taken from my no shoes, hippie dress wearing days...I love my long slender toes, the same as my grandma had. They may not be perfect or smooth, but they get me to where I'm going and they are rubbed often and vigorously by my bf

Breasts- Normally I hate them. But lately, as I lay naked in bed, I like how they look in the light of the TV or a candle or just the street lights. When I raise my arms up just so, they look stunning

They aren't as firm or perky or smooth as I wish, but they are healthy and that's the most important thing.

Arms- Tattoos, moles, freckles, slender wrists...I love my arms. Whether I am holding my kitties in them, or carrying laundry, or hugging my man..they aren't bad

Aw, I felt so good reading that. I really love the positive things people have to say about their bodies in this thread...we're none of us supermodels.

This may inspire me to feel more confident.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#94 Old 02-16-2005, 01:56 PM
Veggie Regular

V422005 - my girlfriend has a big soft round belly, and large sagging breasts, and probably cellulite too, but I haven't looked or noticed.

And I think she's beautiful. I have no interest in a supermodel. Honestly.

And I, I have a big round belly too, and large sagging breasts, and I KNOW I have cellulite, and scars and strech marks all over my body. I have literally several feet of scars all over from various surgeries, accidents and mishaps...the longest is 19.5 inches long and up to an inch wide in spots.

But you know what? I think I'm beautiful too. I think I'm beautiful because I think I'm a good person. I believe that I have inner beauty, and I believe it shines through.

I believe my large size is evidence of a generous nature and a thousand years of my ancestresses working hard. (Not all my size is flab, I am also very thickly muscled, but it all LOOKS like flab, LOL) My wiggly jiggly arms fit perfectly around someone who needs a hug, and my shoulders are wonderfully padded for crying or leaning on.

My scars and stretch marks are evidence of my strength in the face of adversity, evidence of a life that was actually LIVED. I'm about to turn 30, and I'm starting to show some wrinkles around my eyes, and I'm adding those in to my list of assets. My wrinkles will show the world that I smile more than I frown.

I have a big gap in my front teeth that I used to get teased about constantly. Now I like it. It gives my face character, it makes me different and unique, and it makes my smile memorable. As a kid I rarely smiled with my teeth showing, now I flash toothy grins everywhere, and you know what? They're contagious. People smile back. So that too, is part of my beauty.

I like my nose, even though it's tiny and kind of a "stub nose". I like it because it's funny, and I can smash it flat without hurting it, because I have very little cartilage in it. It's a fun party trick, and a fun way to make a couple bucks on bets. LOL

I like my lips because of the effect they can have on my loved ones when I touch them with them.

I like my eyes, because when I smile my big toothy grin, I'm told they sparkle.

I like my hair...it's long and straight and turquoise blue. Tomorrow it might be green, or red, or purple.

I like my skin, because it always heals. I've been poked, prodded, sliced open, tattooed, pierced, torn up, scraped up and you-name-it, and yet my skin always miraculously heals, sometimes leaving a scar behind as evidence, sometimes not.

I like my feet, even though they look a little funny. They're short and wide and hard to find shoes to fit, and calloused from spending 99% of my time barefoot. But without my feet I would never know the earthy joys of squishing my toes into mud.

I even like my bad hip and back, even though they cause me pain on a daily, chronic basis. They have taught me humility, and empathy, and that sometimes going slow opens more opportunities than going fast.

But most of all, I like my hands. They can be hard and powerful when I need to work, or soft and gentle when I'm cradling a baby. They can express my emotions, and sometimes they even can produce artwork.

#95 Old 02-16-2005, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop View Post

V422005 - my girlfriend has a big soft round belly, and large sagging breasts, and probably cellulite too, but I haven't looked or noticed.

And I think she's beautiful. I have no interest in a supermodel. Honestly.

And I, I have a big round belly too, and large sagging breasts, and I KNOW I have cellulite, and scars and strech marks all over my body. I have literally several feet of scars all over from various surgeries, accidents and mishaps...the longest is 19.5 inches long and up to an inch wide in spots.

But you know what? I think I'm beautiful too. I think I'm beautiful because I think I'm a good person. I believe that I have inner beauty, and I believe it shines through.

I believe my large size is evidence of a generous nature and a thousand years of my ancestresses working hard. (Not all my size is flab, I am also very thickly muscled, but it all LOOKS like flab, LOL) My wiggly jiggly arms fit perfectly around someone who needs a hug, and my shoulders are wonderfully padded for crying or leaning on.

My scars and stretch marks are evidence of my strength in the face of adversity, evidence of a life that was actually LIVED. I'm about to turn 30, and I'm starting to show some wrinkles around my eyes, and I'm adding those in to my list of assets. My wrinkles will show the world that I smile more than I frown.

I have a big gap in my front teeth that I used to get teased about constantly. Now I like it. It gives my face character, it makes me different and unique, and it makes my smile memorable. As a kid I rarely smiled with my teeth showing, now I flash toothy grins everywhere, and you know what? They're contagious. People smile back. So that too, is part of my beauty.

I like my nose, even though it's tiny and kind of a "stub nose". I like it because it's funny, and I can smash it flat without hurting it, because I have very little cartilage in it. It's a fun party trick, and a fun way to make a couple bucks on bets. LOL

I like my lips because of the effect they can have on my loved ones when I touch them with them.

I like my eyes, because when I smile my big toothy grin, I'm told they sparkle.

I like my hair...it's long and straight and turquoise blue. Tomorrow it might be green, or red, or purple.

I like my skin, because it always heals. I've been poked, prodded, sliced open, tattooed, pierced, torn up, scraped up and you-name-it, and yet my skin always miraculously heals, sometimes leaving a scar behind as evidence, sometimes not.

I like my feet, even though they look a little funny. They're short and wide and hard to find shoes to fit, and calloused from spending 99% of my time barefoot. But without my feet I would never know the earthy joys of squishing my toes into mud.

I even like my bad hip and back, even though they cause me pain on a daily, chronic basis. They have taught me humility, and empathy, and that sometimes going slow opens more opportunities than going fast.

But most of all, I like my hands. They can be hard and powerful when I need to work, or soft and gentle when I'm cradling a baby. They can express my emotions, and sometimes they even can produce artwork.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page