Health Education: Learning to feel comfortable with your own body - Page 2 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#31 Old 06-16-2004, 09:35 PM
Veggie Regular

OK, I'll try.

1. My hair- Its very resilent even after a gazillion dye jobs

2. My boobs...now that I have gained weight, they're back!

3. My legs - they are thin and shapely

4. My brain - Ahh, yes....

Ok, I got four!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 06-16-2004, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavlovskitty View Post

My vagina will never be quite the same after my VBAC, but again, the power there! I love the affect it seems to have on other people. My vulva is wonderful also. It now shows the results of said VBAC, but I've always loved the look.

what is VBAC?? sorry if thats offensive.......i feel dumb.
#33 Old 06-16-2004, 11:49 PM
Veggie Regular

1) my eyes: they're dark dark brown. A boy I liked once told me that girls with brown eyes and natually blonde hair were the most beautiful girls in the world because it's uncommon. He's probably forgotten that by now, but I don't think I ever will.

2) my eyelashes. they're long and curled just enough. I love the comments I get when I put mascara on.

3) this is a really lame one, but the skin on my breasts is the biggest expanse of unscarred skin on my body other than my face. (including my back. that's scarred too.) It's lame because I only like it because I hate the scarred skin on the rest of my body. it's like saying "I love it because it's not TOO ugly." I'll think of a better one later.

that's honestly all I can think of right now. I'm having a bit of a low self-esteem day today, so maybe I'll like more of me tomorrow. It did get me thinking more positively though. thinking about the bits I know I like instead of the bits I hate.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#34 Old 06-16-2004, 11:57 PM
Veggie Regular

ooh! thought of a better one for #3

3) my hips. My modern dance teacher calls me "miss flexi-hips" and says she would kill for my turnout (for those who don't dance, it means I can turn my feet, from the hips, past 180 degrees, which is a good thing for a dancer.)
#35 Old 06-17-2004, 06:21 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel Girl View Post

what is VBAC?? sorry if thats offensive.......i feel dumb.

Offensive? Nah - not after telling you how much I love my vulva

VBAC - Vaginal Birth After Caesarian.
#36 Old 06-17-2004, 06:46 AM
Veggie Regular

1) My eyes - green, big and can express almost every emotion.

2) My butt! Bootyskaking, baby! Nah, seriously. When it's fit I really like it, because it's round and high, but still firm and fit. I can't believe I said that!

3) My feet - they are so small and dainty. They look great in strappy sandals.

4) My nose - yeah, I know. It's just that it's not a "normal" nose, but still it seems to fit in my face perfectly.

5) My legs - they're not very long and they're not very thin, but they work and I love using them. Besides, they're smooth. No bumps, cellulite, stretchmarks or anything, I like that too.
#37 Old 06-17-2004, 11:01 AM
Veggie Regular

I can do this...

1) my eyes- they are bluish-green with a hazel circle around my pupil and a deep greenisn navy ring around my iris

2) my calves- they are really muscular and have a nice shape and made my ankles look thin... I love 'em!

3) my arms- particularly my delts and triceips, again nice and muscular and strong.

4) my ears- they are tiny and cute

5) my fingernails- they are strong and don't break easily and they grow into the perfect shape.
#38 Old 06-17-2004, 11:28 AM
Veggie Regular

O.K. I will try.....

1) My eyes- Blue, green, gray almost clear sometimes. They change color slightly.

2) My breasts-They are larger than my frame should have them.

3) My belly-It is cute, I love bellies anyway.

4) My legs-They are very long.

5) My ornamentation-O.K. so the piercings and tats are not naturally on me but, I love how they accentuate the parts they are on.

"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."
 Marilyn Monroe
#39 Old 06-17-2004, 11:44 AM
Veggie Regular

I'm doing another 5

My Butt-Its bubbly and cute!!

My Calves-They're naturally petite.

My Boobs-Or "Noobs" as I call them, because they are small, meaning 'No Boobs'

My Tongue-That baby almost got me into the GB of World Records.

My Collarbone-It pertrudes out, naturally, and it matches very well with my long neck.
#40 Old 06-17-2004, 11:48 AM
Veggie Regular

Ok, here goes nothing:

>my wrists. They look like the wrists out of Grey's anatomy, or something. VERY fine boned, little pointy, very delicate. I look wearing beautiful bracelets because I just feel so feminine then. I guess a lot of it is bone frame, and in the end, of course, you can't control that, but I like my wrists all the same.

>my neck/ shoulder area. It's very pale, because I don't spend a lot of time in the sun, and it has no freckles or marks. I used to be a bit of a cutter, and that area was spared, and it's like an expanse of pure clean skin. It has soft downy hairs, white and light and soft, and it looks, I dunno, I just like that area. I like to wear off the shoulder ballet inspired tops. Nothing too revealing, but still very pretty.

>my eyes. They are lotus or almond shaped. They slant upwards. I always wanted them to be a darker blue, but they are a nice colour all the same.

>my arms. Thin but now they are more toned because I've been swimming. They look like they couldn't exert much power, but trust me - from days in karate - they can pack a whallop!

>I guess I should mention that I'm happy with my bust, I guess - LOL. It's small, and again, I'm glad. I wouldn't want them to be big. I'm not someone who has a 'mothering' body...I'm very small, very fine boned, and my body doesn't seem to hold onto fat (doc's said it's about 12 or 13%, and more like 10% when I do Karate). But all the same, given that I don't ever want kids, I like the look. Twiggy-ish.

-Linz
#41 Old 06-17-2004, 03:16 PM
Banned

I guess I love almost my whole body...after years of criticizing it!

Legs - My legs are muscular and slim, with a nice butt atop!

Stomach - One of my favorites, it is also muscular and slim. Good color, too. Kind of naturally tan.

Arms - Slim and muscular...again! Is this boring yet?

Breasts - Well, they aren't the best, but they are a good size and proportionate to the rest of my body.

Eyes - Dark brown and shiny when I'm happy/excited. Few men have seen my glimmer.

Oh, and my hands, wrists, and fingers, because without them, I wouldn't be able to type 300 wpm on my steno machine for these fast talkers!
#42 Old 06-17-2004, 03:33 PM
Veggie Regular

*jumps around* can I add another to my list!!??? Can I!??

I LOVE MY RIGHT SHOULDER. It now sports a new, and nearly finished tattoo. My shoulder was nice anyway, but now I reaaaally love it.
#43 Old 06-17-2004, 08:17 PM
Banned

This is a great thread, by the way!
#44 Old 06-17-2004, 08:19 PM
Veggie Regular

It is a good thread. I'm just wondering if anyone has gotten professional photos done of themselves, boudoir or otherwise.
#45 Old 06-17-2004, 08:20 PM
Banned

Naked photos?!
#46 Old 06-17-2004, 08:21 PM
Veggie Regular

not necessarily naked, more sexy. What is empowering?
#47 Old 06-17-2004, 08:22 PM
Banned

Oh, okay. Hmm...I don't have any of those. I bet that would be fun, though.
#48 Old 06-17-2004, 10:43 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm having a "I hate everything about myself" day, but you ladies inspire me.
#49 Old 06-18-2004, 05:25 AM
Veggie Regular

Ooh. Fun.

1. My hair - I suppose this is the most complimented feature of mine, mainly because there is so much of it.. and it's actually rather pretty and healthy (though I'm due for a trim).

2. My eyebrows - I've always liked the shape of them

3. umm.. my bellybutton?

4. My teeth! They're straight and strong and I've never needed braces. I probably won't need to get my wisdom teeth removed either, yay!

5. My hips - they're nice and wide.

Extra: All of my "girl" parts.
#50 Old 06-18-2004, 05:42 AM

Oooh, I wanna play. I need to be positive for once

1) my hair! I get compliments on how healthy it looks all the time. And when I let it dry naturally, it's nice and wavy!

2) My body shape. I have an hourglass.

3) my eyebrows. My mom loves them, and I've gotten random compliments about them.

4) My lips! They're pouty and they're a pretty pink color.

5) umm.. my eyes! They're brown, and I like the shape.

I tried to find the best suited emoticons for each one..
#51 Old 06-18-2004, 05:55 AM
Veggie Regular

1 - hair - naturally golden blonde, thick, wavy, lighter in summer

2 - hourglass figure (and that includes the boobage. Thanks for the reminder, Fafa.)

3 - fingernails - strong, healthy, and grow like weeds (I'm constantly trimming them so they don't interfere with my typing.)

4 - skin (porcelain - I'm fighting myself to not follow that with something negative.)

5 - arms (I'm liking them more and more every day as the muscles become more defined. I'm stronger than I look, but that's changing.)
#52 Old 06-18-2004, 07:15 AM

I'm just going to do one at a time.

I love my hands. They're chubby little things, but they are very strong and capable. They have always been how I have earned a living--cutting hair, running a cash register, typing, etc. Also, they are quite talented and graceful. Yay hands!
#53 Old 06-18-2004, 08:36 AM
Veggie Regular

Here's a pic of me in my favourite outfit I took it of myself, so it's not great

ETA - Poo, I posted the same one twice Fixed.
#54 Old 06-18-2004, 08:39 AM
Veggie Regular

Cool dress! Is it new or vintage?
#55 Old 06-18-2004, 08:43 AM
Veggie Regular

New... I got it at Target.
#56 Old 06-18-2004, 09:27 AM
Veggie Regular

Cissy, If we had the same face, we could ve twins. I love the dress!
#57 Old 06-18-2004, 01:34 PM
Veggie Regular

okay, I'm getting there... believe it or not I've been thinking about this a lot...

4) my freckles. There are less of them now than when I was younger, but people still squeal abot how cute they are

5)my ears. they're abnormally tiny, and every once in a while someone will notice and the whole room has to touch them and say they're cute.
#58 Old 06-18-2004, 06:13 PM
Veggie Regular

My friend took some rather racy in an artsy way of my for her photography class. They where in black and white. And if I do say so myself I look HOT! I really want to get a copy from her.

"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."
 Marilyn Monroe
#59 Old 06-18-2004, 08:01 PM
Veggie Regular

Cissy - beautiful! Oh to be a teenager again..

And I forgot to add two things.. I have dimples which people seem to love, and I'm also very tall which used to be annoying but I actually think is quite cool now.
#60 Old 06-18-2004, 10:19 PM
Veggie Regular

Just thought of something else to add. I like my overall figure, it's slim and athletic looking. I'm not very curvy (especially not my hips) but it's nice to eat all I want and not gain anything. and my chest may be a bit small, but it's in perfect proportion to the rest of my body. It's also always been easy for me to do sporty things (except running) oh yeah and thanks to all my recent strength training, every part of my body is becoming more muscular, nice and tight. even my thighs! Hooray!

It's not in what you say, it's in what you do (Oasis)

Feeling bored? Why don't you wander over to my blog sometime. http://thebohemiankitchen.wordpress.com

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page