Green Menstrual Products and Veganism - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 02-06-2013, 06:36 PM

Hey, I was just wondering about everyone's thoughts on sponge tampons. I am in the process of using more eco friendly products for my menstrual, and I bought some cotton pads. I was thinking about getting the sponge tampons instead of the moon or diva cups because its seems like it would hurt less to take in and out. However, a sponge is a living organism, and I am vegan, so that is out of the question...

I was just wondering if anyone uses any of these products and if so if you could share some insight on it. Any suggestions or opinions would be great. Thanks. smiley.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-13-2013, 09:54 PM
Zelda Freak

Hey there, here is a thread all about this here at VB https://www.veggieboards.com/t/138744/how-to-have-perfect-periods

~ Jennifer

* Find VeggieBoards:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
 +

* Find me:
+
+
#3 Old 02-13-2013, 11:21 PM
I ♥ Vegan Guys ◕‿◕

I wouldn't personally use a sponge...just to be on the safe side.

There are Lunapads which are basically washable menstrual pads.  I have a diva cup......can't quite use it...or more like don't know how, but I have it and I think it's a really good idea,  but ummm, yeah, don't know how to insert it.......

"Why should man expect his prayer for mercy to be heard by What is above him when he shows no mercy to what is under him?" ~Pierre Troubetzkoy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 02-14-2013, 06:55 AM
Veggie Regular

had a second of "wait, what ?" at the "green menstrual products" part...

https://
https://www.autistici.org/en/index.html  https://riseup.net/en

https://pay.reddit.com/r/privacy/wiki/index

#5 Old 02-19-2013, 03:30 PM

Thanks for the replies, and thanks to the link to the other thread. I decided on mooncup/lunacup because the sponge things just kind of freak me out a little. Also, to 4everaspirit, I would recommend the mooncup over the divacup because it is smaller and it might be easier to insert. That is why I decided on that one instead of the divacup. 

#6 Old 04-15-2013, 04:17 PM

This response is kinda late but I use the diva cup and love it. When I first wanted to make my periods more green I opted for luna pads because the thought of using a diva cup was scary and painful! (or so I thought...) Luna pads are great, and I still use them when I'm not on the go, I also use their pantiliners as a backup when wearing the diva cup (although I've never really had any leak issues.) Anyways after reading/hearing SOOO many amazing reviews on the diva cup I gave it a try (found it for half off online!) and it's the best! There's no pain with insertion or removal and like a tampon, it make take one or two trials before you get the hang of it, you can keep it up to 12 hours even with heavy flows, and you can't feel it at all. It's so convenient and a huge money saver too. But if it's still not your thing, luna pads are another great alternative, much better than conventional menstrual products.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page