Mysterious improvement that I'd like to keep going with... - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 08-22-2012, 12:59 AM
Veggie Regular

Hi thread!

So I'm just wondering if anybody could suggest a cause..other than random fluxes of life.. for several symptoms of mine suddenly lifting, so that I can keep doing them and not go backwards? Odd question, but so it goes.

Basically, I suspect maybe it's diet related or something because things were fine and then suddenly I had VERY heavy periods, and hormonal cystic jawline acne all month long for about a year and a half, after having none. 

2 months ago, this stopped. Clear skin even around TTOM, extremely light ( perhaps concerning? Or maybe it's all just relative ) and short periods. 

Does this often just 'happen' or is it more than coincidence that I changed a few things. For one thing ( I don't like over thinking foods because I had a chronic problem with it when I was younger, hence not jumping the gun on this conclusion ) , I don't really eat soy anymore and it correlates quite well with this. I also drink coffee infrequently ( but still drink a lot of tea and eat much dark chocolate ) . I'd actually like to include more soy because I'm trying to bulk up a bit ( no, I know there are other protein sources and I'm okay with that but I really do life tempeh, soy milk, etc. ) but am a little bit worried that that IS what it is. 

Does soy raise oestrogen? Someone said it blocked and lowered natural oestrogen? Doesn't testosterone or androgens cause acne? Anybody had experience in any of this? 

Peace, xx

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 08-22-2012, 01:00 AM
Veggie Regular

Oh, I should add that I felt great for a while there but have been having daily headaches that I put down to muscle tension and some weird depression stuff that I never used to. 
Hot flushes and insomnia that I had for years are gone though. 

Gar. 

#3 Old 08-22-2012, 01:08 AM
I ♥ Vegan Guys ◕‿◕

I dunno. Sorry, sometimes our bodies just go through hormonal cycles. I know in meno pause you will get very heavy periods... Acne can be a part of chemical and hormonal imbalances, or bacterial .. As long as nothing is direly wrong and you don't feel ill I wouldn't worry it about it too much.  >_> Hopefully your system will get back to normal.

You might want to make sure you are getting an adequate amount of b12 though, as well, it's imporant and sometimes not consumed by veggies. I remember someone telling me that a veggie went to the doctor about headaches or something, and the doctor recommended a vegan b12 supplement, and then her headaches were gone.

There are both sides to soy. No one really knows for sure. I like soy a lot...I dunno...but I have been noticing a lot more facial hair lately...hope it's not the soy lol.

Depression is usually caused by life situations and stress. If you need to talk about anything, I'm here, and you can message me anytime ^_^

"Why should man expect his prayer for mercy to be heard by What is above him when he shows no mercy to what is under him?" ~Pierre Troubetzkoy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 08-22-2012, 11:41 AM
Banned

sounds like soy was the culprit.

when i ate soy my periods were horrible!  also had jawline acne (and back) that cleared up after stopping soy intake.

you can test it out and try eating soy again and see if those things flare up again.

#5 Old 08-22-2012, 11:47 AM
Super Moderator

I'm not sure what the culprit was, but I'm glad you're feeling better smiley.gif

I agree with luvourmother, it might be interesting to test it out and see if you get the same reaction again. Then you'll know for sure what your issue was at least.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page