Period before pill ended - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 04-21-2012, 03:44 PM
Veggie Regular

Hi,
Just a small bit worried about my period.

I have been on the pill a few months now, and when I still had one pill left to take in the pack, I got some light spotting - my period would usually come 2 or 3 days after I start the 7 day break.

So yesterday my period was very light and it is today as well. In general, after going on the pill my periods can be very light anyway.

What makes me most worried is that about a week or two ago, I had a crampy pain in my stomach that would come and go and felt very bloaty. I went to the doctor, he took a urine test, and said it all looked good and if it was still there in a week to come back. It cleared up the next day and I felt perfect again, so I stopped worrying about this. He did ask me was I sexually active, and I presume there was a pregnancy test on the stick.
Maybe I'm just being paranoid about this, and I should wait a few days to see if my period starts properly, and if not, to worry then.

Is this a common thing?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 04-21-2012, 07:44 PM
Veggie Regular

I am on the shot. You get it every 3 months. A few times about a month or a little bit less befor i was supposed to get my next shot i would get a period until i went to get my next shot. (imagine a month long period not fun) i thought something was wrong to obviously, i got all kinds of tests done and there was nothing wrong. My dr said my body might just not be used to the birthcontrol yet, although ive been on it for like 3 years now. But thats probably all it is your body just isnt used to it. I also think if you read the pamplet it will probably say something about light spotting is normal
#3 Old 04-21-2012, 08:09 PM
Veggie Regular

Periods can be irregular for the first few months (particularlythe first 3) you're on the pill. It's also possible that you're having breakthrough bleeding. If you have been at all inconsistent about taking pills, that could be a cause as well. With low dose pills, you really have to take them at the same time every day to prevent irregular bleeding. If you missed pills at all, this could be a cause, although you would be protected from pregnancy as long as you didn't miss more than one in a row and followed the appropriate "catch up" instructions. If there's any concern at all, a pregnancy test is certainly recommended, but as long as you're taking pills consistently, you are still protected from pregnancy despite some irregular bleeding.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 08-22-2012, 09:51 AM

I used to get random spotting, irregular periods and random cramps all the time on the pill, as do many other women. If the doctor isn't concerned, I wouldn't worry too much about it! 

#5 Old 08-22-2012, 11:37 AM
Banned

sounds pretty normal to me.  been taking oral bc for a long time and this sometimes happens.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page