Mittlelschmerz/ovulation pain - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 08-27-2010, 05:59 AM

Does anyone experience this? I've spent the past couple of years trying to sort out some girly problems, and just twice recently (so not like every time), I've had this pain that fades after just a few hours.

It feel just ever so slightly like someone is stabbing me, I mean, like doubled over praying for the sweet release of death, but then twenty or thirty seconds later it's gone. Last time it lasted maybe 8 hours, off and on.

That it goes away, seems to indicate that it's not appendicitis or something else lingering.

I've had messed up cycles literally my whole adult life, so just still working out what is "normal".

Oh, that I were a man.

The ones I pity are the ones who never stick out their neck for something they believe, never know the taste of moral struggle, and never have the thrill of victory. - Jonathan Kozol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 08-27-2010, 08:13 AM
Veggie Regular

Since I began having periods, my cycles have been like clockwork. The only exception was that I missed a period once, due to stress, but I was back on schedule the next month.

Yet, I always experience ovulation pain. It feels like someone is pinching me and I like to wear lose clothing during ovulation because any pressure makes the pain worse. How can it hurt to lay such a tiny egg?
#3 Old 08-27-2010, 09:13 AM
Veggie Regular

Yeah, I get that to varrying degrees, off and on. I've always had pretty much the crappiest experience one can have with periods. Irregular sometimes, way too heavy, mittelschmerz, and the funnest of them all - PMDD.

It's a grand time, hemorrhaging like you're about to die, while being so depressed and irrational and angry that everyone says you are "a different person" this time of the month - only they say it with extreme concern, not that "ahaha, she's PMSing, tee hee hee!" way they say to minorly *****y people...

Only to know two weeks later, you're going to be in pain again, because you're ovulating. Once (what I thought was) the ovulation pain was so bad I almost called an ambulance. I couldn't move, though, so I couldn't get to my phone on the other side of the bed. Nothing existed except the pain. I had a fever and cold sweats but I barely noticed because there was just this roiling agony happening in my pelvis. I tried to roll out of bed onto my knees so I could crawl to the other side of the bed, but I just fell on the floor. I tried standing up, and promptly fainted. I late realized I'd had an ovarian cyst rupture. Awesome!

In any case, I attempt to look at the bright side of my ovulation pain. And oh, there IS a bright side.

If I ever meet a fabulously wealthy man, and feel compelled to financially tie myself to him? I'll know preciesly when I'm ovulating and thus when to seduce him so I can have his baby.

See? Total upside!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 08-30-2010, 02:57 PM
Veggie Regular

I know that feeling well, Jen but thankfully not to your extreme, Semi! I went to the ER over a year ago because I really thought I had appendicitis. That started my whole journey that led to a CT scan that led to my hysterectomy, etc. Good thing: no more periods, bad thing: I still have my ovaries so I still get that time to time and it sucks!

I do not understand/What it is I've done wrong/Full of holes/Check for pulse/Blink your eyes/One for yes/Two for no/I have no idea what I am talking about/I am trapped in this body and can't get out-Radiohead
#5 Old 08-31-2010, 12:31 AM
Veggie Regular

I have it sometimes but it's not that painful for me. My period was two weeks late this month for some reason. My cycle is usually like clockwork but there will be a couple of months in the year that it is really late or I just miss a month. It's weird.

(My husband has had a vasectomy so at least I never worry that I'm pregnant!)
#6 Old 08-31-2010, 10:03 AM

Thanks for the replies. It seemed to fade away, so I'm hoping that's all it was. Yay.

The ones I pity are the ones who never stick out their neck for something they believe, never know the taste of moral struggle, and never have the thrill of victory. - Jonathan Kozol
#7 Old 08-31-2010, 09:49 PM
Veggie Regular

I get an intense stabbing and almost wiggling (like the ovary is dancing around inside of me) feeling during ovulation. I hate it. I need to go get it looked at a real Doctor but I have no insurance.

"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."
 Marilyn Monroe

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page