PMS - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 07-18-2010, 12:31 PM

Anyone know of a vegan 'Midol'? I guess I am not really looking for a pill but my mood swings and the pain are enough to bother me and was wondering if there were any natural ways to aid or overcome that?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-18-2010, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApplesliceLiz' date='18 July 2010 - 12:31 PM' timestamp='1279477865' post='2675433 View Post

Anyone know of a vegan 'Midol'? I guess I am not really looking for a pill but my mood swings and the pain are enough to bother me and was wondering if there were any natural ways to aid or overcome that?

I don't know of a veg version of Midol, but there are some great homeopathic remedies out there. I'm at work and I can't remember the one I used to like off the top of my head... I think it must be made by Boiron because I know it was pellets in a little blue tube. I think they only make one that would be appropriate for PMS, so it shouldn't be too hard for you to find.

How long have you been veg*n? My PMS was nearly non- existent (used to be horrible) after just a couple weeks of veg*nism! Fingers crossed it gets better for you, too.
#3 Old 07-18-2010, 01:39 PM

Oh interesting. I have been lacto veg all my life and am only on day 5 of veganism... I hope this works out for me too!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 07-18-2010, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApplesliceLiz' date='18 July 2010 - 01:39 PM' timestamp='1279481973' post='2675468 View Post

Oh interesting. I have been lacto veg all my life and am only on day 5 of veganism... I hope this works out for me too!

I didn't see any diff between when I was lacto ovo veg and when I was omni. The change came when I went vegan.
#5 Old 08-07-2010, 09:56 AM
Veggie Regular

My pains were horrible when I was omni, I guess is due to the fact that meat takes longer to get out of your system and when your body is working hard processing I guess that could affect your loins when you have your period.

When I became pescatarian I noticed the change and when I became vegetarian I noticed it even more, what I do when I'm close/during my period I eat as raw as I can and have lots of water (as always).

Vegards,
Yen
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
http://www.facebook.yenhowell.com

Twitter: @yenhowell
#6 Old 08-07-2010, 10:06 AM

I've always had a HORRIBLE cycle, and I mean HORRIBLE. I used to take St. John's Wort to help with the depression of PMS and that worked well. During though, there are a few days where I have to take pain killers.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page