Yes 106 75.18%
No 16 11.35%
Other (explain below) 19 13.48%
Voters: 141. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 
 2Likes

#1 Old 04-17-2010, 06:47 AM
Veggie Regular

I'm thinking about going out without a bra just because they're uncomfortable and I don't think I need one...

I don't know. Any experiences here?

The Vegan ABC's: East Meets West, VEGAN STYLE! A blog detailing the edibles in the life of an ABC (American-born Chinese) vegan.
http://theveganabc.blogspot.com/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 04-17-2010, 06:55 AM
Veggie Regular

Personally I always wear a bra, and always a padded one at that because a) my boobs are small and b) I hate the thought of people seeing my nipples, because whenever I see other peoples I cringe! Also, whenever I don't wear one they hurt because they bounce about.

But why not try going without and see if you like it/how it feels/etc. What are you worried about?

#3 Old 04-17-2010, 07:07 AM
Veggie Regular

I have a rather large chest (that is losing the gravity battle... sigh) so I wear one, otherwise they start to hurt.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 04-17-2010, 08:12 AM
Veggie Regular

I am small chested and despise bras. I think they are uncomfortable also and don't wear padded bras because I really don't mind that I am small chested. I've tried going without a bra during the winter when I am wearing multiple layers and a big coat but I get self conscious about it. I wish I could go without one all the time but I'm nervous that people will be able to notice that I am braless.
#5 Old 04-17-2010, 08:20 AM
Veggie Regular

I hate bras too, but when I can I wear sports bras. I can't wear them everyday, but when I wear I t-shirt I just wear a sports bra because it's more comfortable.
#6 Old 04-17-2010, 08:58 AM
Veggie Regular

I don't hate bras. Sometimes I wear one and sometimes I don't. I don't care what it looks like to other people though. If they don't like what they are looking at they can look somewhere else.

www.thesaucyvegan.com
#7 Old 04-17-2010, 09:10 AM
Veggie Regular

I do when I go out and about and to work etc. But if I'm at home then most of the time no lol unless people are over, and in winter if I'm popping to the shop in a huge jumper and there's no chance someone can see my nips lol. It's just because I don't like seeing other people nipples poking through their tops (boys and girls) so I don't want to inflict mine on people either. I'm also not flat enough to get away with it I don't think. If I was an A or smaller than I'd definetly not bother with a bra lol
#8 Old 04-17-2010, 09:14 AM
Super Moderator

I have a C cup, without a bra, my breasts hurt bad. Most bras I've tried on hurt, there's only one that works for me: Victoria's Secret Wireless IPEX. So comfortable, no wires to poke me. Gravity will stretch your breast tissue if you don't have some kind of support (I believe that only applies if you're a B or larger).
#9 Old 04-17-2010, 09:17 AM
Veggie Regular

As a 34D chested lady, I need to wear a bra. It's just not comfortable to be out-and-about all day without one.

http://megatarian.blogspot.com
#10 Old 04-17-2010, 09:19 AM
Veggie Regular

I have large boobs, small frame. I have to wear a bra. If I had cute little perky boobs, I would ditch it.

Who needs sleep when we've got love?
Who needs keys when we've got clubs?
Who needs please when we've got guns?
Who needs peace when we've gone above?
#11 Old 04-17-2010, 09:51 AM
Veggie Regular

Must be an issue of density rather than size. I'm 36 D but it never hurts to go without. It feels very nice and comfortable.

www.thesaucyvegan.com
#12 Old 04-17-2010, 10:01 AM
Veggie Regular

Bras won't really keep your breasts from sagging. Some new information suggests they might actually contribute to sagging, because the natural ligaments that hold your boobs up don't get used when you wear a bra, so they atrophy and can't function without the bra. Wear what's comfortable. I'm a 38C and I usually wear a bra, but when it's not comfortable I put on a lycra-cotton blend tank top under my t-shirt to keep the bounce to a minimum and go out like that.

Here's an interesting link I found: Link on Bras and Sagginess
#13 Old 04-17-2010, 10:18 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadeaway1289 View Post

I am small chested and despise bras. I think they are uncomfortable also and don't wear padded bras because I really don't mind that I am small chested. I've tried going without a bra during the winter when I am wearing multiple layers and a big coat but I get self conscious about it. I wish I could go without one all the time but I'm nervous that people will be able to notice that I am braless.

Same here. I hate bras, and as soon a I get the chance, I take mine off. Stupid torture device made by a man... Okay, I don't really know if it's true or not, but it's fun to say.

Did you write the book of love, and do you have faith in God above,
If the Bible tells you so? Do you believe in rock Ân roll,
Can music save your mortal soul, And can you teach me how to dance real slow?
#14 Old 04-17-2010, 10:20 AM
Veggie Regular

I wear a bra, specifically for that feeling you get the moment you take it off. Nothing compares.
MadamSarcastra likes this.
#15 Old 04-17-2010, 10:36 AM
Super Moderator

Mine are small and shapely, but with nipples that could poke an eye out. I used to wear band-aides!

I learned to appreciate there size when I had kids and they swelled three sizes. They've always been my motivator to keep in shape.

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good
#16 Old 04-17-2010, 11:00 AM
Ankle Biter

I'm a 34D, and yes, I definitely wear a bra. Even wearing a bra, gravity affects your skin and nearly every woman will sag some over time.

It is our choices that show what we truly are far more than our abilities. ~A. Dumbledore
#17 Old 04-17-2010, 11:10 AM
Veggie Regular

other:

depends on the shirt i'm wearing or the circumstances around it. like if i'm going to workout i'll definitely wear a sports bra (no one wants to see them ta-tas jiggling about!). but more often than not, i like to go braless. it is more comfortable and i am a mere 32B, so i don't really need a bra a lot. plus there's been no research proving that bras prevent sagging for women who aren't large chested. and i find it quite liberating
#18 Old 04-17-2010, 11:11 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Angel View Post

Same here. I hate bras, and as soon a I get the chance, I take mine off. Stupid torture device made by a man... Okay, I don't really know if it's true or not, but it's fun to say.

invented by a woman... i despise her
#19 Old 04-17-2010, 11:13 AM
Veggie Regular

Oh P.S. My boobs are so out of control that when I work out I wear two bras. Blergh, I hate my chest.

Who needs sleep when we've got love?
Who needs keys when we've got clubs?
Who needs please when we've got guns?
Who needs peace when we've gone above?
#20 Old 04-17-2010, 11:14 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nontoxicglue View Post

I'm thinking about going out without a bra just because they're uncomfortable and I don't think I need one...

I don't know. Any experiences here?

i stopped wearing bras recently (not all the time, but i don't wear them too often) and find it's not really a big deal. it's more comfortable for sure, especially if you're small chested like me. depends on the shirts you wear though. i wear a lot of tank tops and wife beaters and t-shirts so it's pretty easy to hide, but there are some shirts or circumstances that call for a bra. anywho, it's up to you, i prefer braless for myself and no one really looks at me differently
#21 Old 04-17-2010, 11:17 AM

I have double D's so I have to wear one.
#22 Old 04-17-2010, 11:38 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadeaway1289 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by erin0988 View Post

invented by a woman... i despise her

What kind of cruel woman would create this monstrosity?!

Did you write the book of love, and do you have faith in God above,
If the Bible tells you so? Do you believe in rock Ân roll,
Can music save your mortal soul, And can you teach me how to dance real slow?
#23 Old 04-17-2010, 11:47 AM
Veggie Regular

Bras with cups never fit me right, sports bras create a funny uni-boob, I'm pretty small anyway (34A/B), and I intensely dislike the feeling of straps and bands around my chest area, so I go without whenever it is appropriate (read: when no one will accidentally see more than I intend them to). I sometimes use bandaids if I'm im a situation where I may be cold haha because I think nipples sticking out look odd and it's not very comfortable either. But then I get hilarious bandaid shaped marks after I take them off
#24 Old 04-17-2010, 12:08 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm only a 34B, but I always wear a bra when I go out somewhere. I don't like the idea of my boobies bouncing all over the place, and I'm just used to the idea, I guess, because of my generation. Recently I went out wearing a tight fitting camisole under my dress instead of a bra, and I was fine with it. As long as I've got something holding my breasts together, I'm fine. And at the gym, definitely a sports bra.

At home relaxing, though, it's a different story. Lots of times I'll go without just to take a break from something holding on to my boobies.

*this space not for sale*
#25 Old 04-17-2010, 12:34 PM

I don't wear one when I sleep or when I'm at home because I just read about a study that said it was better to be bra free/ wire free more often than not! It's pretty comfy though! And hey, if it's better and letting the juices flow, might as well do it up!

☮ paz. ♥ amor. = igualdad.
#26 Old 04-17-2010, 01:27 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by janiejones View Post

Bras with cups never fit me right, sports bras create a funny uni-boob, I'm pretty small anyway (34A/B), and I intensely dislike the feeling of straps and bands around my chest area, so I go without whenever it is appropriate (read: when no one will accidentally see more than I intend them to). I sometimes use bandaids if I'm im a situation where I may be cold haha because I think nipples sticking out look odd and it's not very comfortable either. But then I get hilarious bandaid shaped marks after I take them off

Have you been measured? if I wear a too big band the cups dont fit properly, you might be a 32 and not a 34.

Anywayssss, yes I wear a bra. I buy pretty bras that are comfy. Plus I have both nipples pierced and wear spikey barbells so think it would notice if I didnt haha.
#27 Old 04-17-2010, 02:13 PM
Veggie Regular

34DD and need to be remeasured and get a new one. I don't wear one around the house as much as I can but have to outside. They do end up hurting a bit after a while without something. Its a love hate relationship between myself and my boobs. I love them but also they are such an inconvenience.

"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."
 Marilyn Monroe
#28 Old 04-17-2010, 02:21 PM
Banned

I only take my bra off right before I go to sleep. I don't have big boobs, I'm a C cup, but it still hurts to not have one on.
#29 Old 04-17-2010, 02:24 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Angel View Post

What kind of cruel woman would create this monstrosity?!

No, I love her! My boobs are happy in a bra
#30 Old 04-17-2010, 03:20 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by janiejones View Post

This is me also. I have never owned a bra that fit me properly and made me uncomfortable. Every bra I own is ill-fitting and awkward. I honestly have no clue what my chest size is. I know I need to be measured but what other place does this besides Victoria's Secret? I also do the band aid thing. Actually all the time in the summer when I wear t shirts (even when I'm wearing a bra). The band aid marks suck and take forever to go away. Stupid boob drama

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page