My jeans are tight but I haven't gained weight!! - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 02-19-2010, 10:28 AM
Veggie Regular

2 weeks ago I had my period and I felt horrible for 4 days, I could barely get out of bed. So I had a few glasses of wine by the end of the week because nothing was helping at all. I stopped drinking because i'd gained about 15 pounds and when I stopped drinking it magically went away without me really trying. The next week was Valentine's week (my husband and I started celebrating about 4 days before the actual day lol) and I ate and drank way more than I usually do and of course my jeans didn't fit. But now its a week later and the scale says that i'm back to normal but my jeans are still really tight. I'm also on the ring and this month is the 3rd month and the last time I was on the ring I gained weight but it went away and I had bad mood swings. So I was thinking that maybe that is why I gained weight, but the week before my period I started working out a lot again so I thought maybe i've gained muscle or something. I think its the ring but i'm not sure but my breasts have been sore and bigger than usual and i've been a little snappy.

So my question is, has this ever happened to anyone or could you know which one of this things could make my jeans tight? I just don't get why the scale says i'm the same weight as I was when my jeans were very loose? I'm freaking out because I was just at a point where I was happy with myself and I thought I had some sort of breakthrough, this was the thinnest i've been in a long time and I felt great. Now my weight is all I think about and I have a feeling that stress isn't helping matters any. The mood swings are back and that happened before when I wasn't eating enough but now I eat breakfast and I felt so much better. I'd feel so much better if I knew what this was.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-19-2010, 11:55 AM
Veggie Regular

I don't know. At first I thought water retention, but that would also show on a scale. There must be some sort of swelling going on, that I doubt would be accounted for by muscle growth. It doesn't happen that fast, according to most bodybuilders anyway. You should probably ask your doctor if it continues to bother you.

www.thesaucyvegan.com
#3 Old 02-19-2010, 12:14 PM
Veggie Regular

Thanks! My legs do tend to swell when I start working out, its always been like that. It goes away in a few weeks, but there is so much going on with the ring hormones and then the abnormal eating that I can't tell what it is. I hate going to the doctor so i'll hold out a couple of more weeks to see if things calm down a bit. Its just so weird.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 02-19-2010, 12:26 PM
Banned

i guessed fluid retention too- maybe you've lost a bit of food weight, but water weight has gone on at the same rate, to keep your weight at where you were. certainly odd though.
#5 Old 02-19-2010, 12:42 PM
Veggie Regular

hmmmm, i have been walking a lot and eating less...maybe that's it.
#6 Old 02-19-2010, 01:57 PM
Veggie Regular

I hate to ask too, but did you dry your jeans more than normal? Cause that can mess with your head if you shrink them a little.

http://bringingyouohm.wordpress.com/

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavanto

'May everyone everywhere be happy
May the whole world be joyous'
#7 Old 02-19-2010, 03:54 PM
Veggie Regular

I let them air dry, I don't think they've shrunk. But maybe so because they are soooo tight now, my other size 8 jeans are really baggy and the 6's that are really tight were getting really baggy before all of this too. I was so excited, i'll try to calm down and maybe things will settle out. I have a feeling its a side effect of the ring because of all the other symptoms and that makes me feel better but I thought I had missed the horrible side effects this time around. Thanks everyone for all your help!
#8 Old 02-19-2010, 03:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by synergy View Post

I hate to ask too, but did you dry your jeans more than normal? Cause that can mess with your head if you shrink them a little.

you're a smart one.
#9 Old 02-19-2010, 06:32 PM
Veggie Regular

I find that washing my clothes in hot water also causes them to shrink up a bit.
#10 Old 02-19-2010, 10:48 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoodedclawjen View Post

i guessed fluid retention too- maybe you've lost a bit of food weight, but water weight has gone on at the same rate, to keep your weight at where you were. certainly odd though.

I think you're on to something, i've lost more weight according to my scale this morning. I won't try on the jeans for a week and see what happens, i'm borderline obessive .Actually i'm probably already there lol.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page